GDT: NDF Game 2 Montreal Canadiens vs Winnipeg Jets 6/4/21 7:30pm EST USA / CBC / TVAS / SN / TSN690

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
GDT 00.jpg

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
GDT 03a.jpg

pearl harbor GIF.gif

What was supposed to be a night of celebration...

Quickly turned into a nightmare for one of our own.

Jake Evans, who had a solid first full season with the Montreal Canadiens, was victim of a horrific, predatory charge by the Winnipeg Jets' alternate captain, Mark Scheifele, less than 1 minute before the end of the match.

This was to be a special game and win for Jake Evans who had scored his first-ever goal in any playoff series, and this, on his 25th birthday...

Instead of celebrating with his teammates, he would be stretchered off the ice.

While Mark Scheifele was previously regarded as a clean, respected player, will now be overshadowed by this one horrific and inexcusable instance, of which an unprotected Jake Evans could have faced serious, if not life-threatening consequences.

Mark Scheifele had been head-hunting Habs players throughout the game. He had been penalized minutes before this incident for roughing and punching Ben Chiarot in the head (Ben was lying on the ice).

But... Thank you Scheifele for removing yourself from the game. Way to throw yourself and your team under a bus. As you know, this is the playoffs, and the Habs are going to use every opportunity they can to win the series. You just made it that much easier. ;)

EM1l.gif

On another note
: A special, heartfelt thank you goes to Nikolaj Ehlers who did everything he could to protect Jake Evans, who was lying unconsciously on the floor, from the scrum.

Thank you, Nikolaj. We will not forget.

E27e3LaWYAETx7Y.png

Get better, Jake. We're all with you!

Last edited:

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
As bad as this sounds need to forget about Mark Shithead for the rest of the series and start Game 2 like we did Game 1. Can’t look for revenge as we saw what happened in Toronto when we got undisciplined and we can’t sit back and think we have it easy cause he’s out. They’re still stacked up front.

Best revenge is to not have him lace them up again til next season

And then beating the shit out of him of course

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
As bad as this sounds need to forget about Mark Shithead for the rest of the series and start Game 2 like we did Game 1. Can’t look for revenge as we saw what happened in Toronto when we got undisciplined and we can’t sit back and think we have it easy cause he’s out. They’re still stacked up front.

Best revenge is to not have him lace them up again til next season

And then beating the shit out of him of course
The best revenge is that the Losingpeg Jets are without their #1 Center for the next 4 games. :biglaugh:

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
The best revenge is that the Losingpeg Jets are without their #1 Center for the next 4 games. :biglaugh:
Not if we sit back and don’t take advantage of it. We play the underdog role very well and suck when we are the favorite - see our record against Detroit and Ottawa last 2 seasons.

I have a fear we will come out flat

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
They will prob go with lehkonen, but I wouldnt mind tatar.
The jets have looked very leaky defensively in the 1st game, so it could be a good opportunity for him to regain his confidence. When tatar plays with confidence hes one of our best forwards at generating offense.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Their D isn’t great . They need to jump on them early again.

Yeah and I was impressed by how we managed to get to Helle/even make him look bad early in the game. We need to pounce on them while they're vulnerable.

I know I've been acting cocky all along on HF saying we'd easily beat Jets in 4/5 going into the series - but if I'm honest, the one player that scared me was Schiefele. With him out - we absolutely need to win this and take a 2-0 lead. This has become a very winnable series - in fact I'd go so much as to say we should be considered favorites at ~75-80% rate now after being up 1-0 and with Schiefele out (whereas on paper, Jets were favorites before game 1). Let's not give them a chance to tie it

Reactions: A Loyal Dog

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
The jets have looked very leaky defensively in the 1st game, so it could be a good opportunity for him to regain his confidence. When tatar plays with confidence hes one of our best forwards at generating offense.

I posted this in the other thread but - Tatar has arguably produced more offense against the Jets than any other team in his career.

20 points in 21 career games. Only two other teams he has 20 points against, one is 20 in 37 games, and one is 21 in 27 games. Outside of facing his old team Detroit (higher ppg, lower total games though) - he actually has done the best in his career offensively against the Jets.

Lekh is ok and all - but he won't produce offense. I personally wouldn't mind putting in Tatar. He's been pretty great for us the past 3 seasons - this seems like a fitting opening to give him one last shot to prove himself in the playoffs. Certainly higher potential than Lekh if he gets going - and if he still looks bad, well you can still pull him and put Lekh in for game 3.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Not if we sit back and don’t take advantage of it. We play the underdog role very well and suck when we are the favorite - see our record against Detroit and Ottawa last 2 seasons.

I have a fear we will come out flat

Yep same thing here. It won't be easy, so the players should not be too confident. If Ehlers and Dubois manage to elevate their play and MTL keeps giving shooting lines to Connor this will be hard game.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019

I agree with going with Tatar. Maybe they should give Anderson a rest.

Reactions: A Loyal Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad