GDT: NDF Game 2 Montreal Canadiens vs Winnipeg Jets 6/4/21 7:30pm EST USA / CBC / TVAS / SN / TSN690

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
My vote would be Tatar to replace Evans since he’s been there most of the past 3 years.

Hopefully this lights a fire under our team. Definitely feel a lot more confident about this series when they are without Scheifele that long.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

ReginaHabs

Jan 7, 2021
Anyone have a pic of that "Attack" poster in the Jets locker room? I wanted to show my coworker.
E29bIteWQAco9gm

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
The jets were not impressing in the 1st game , particularly their team defense and overall speed.

a game doesn’t make a serie tho

Let’s bring it tonight and show them again who’s the best team of the North !!

hopefully we see Romanov in and that Lekh/Tatar replace well Evans.

LFG

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
View attachment 443146

View attachment 443147

What was supposed to be a night of celebration...

Quickly turned into a nightmare for one of our own.

Jake Evans, who had a solid first full season with the Montreal Canadiens, was victim of a horrific, predatory charge by the Winnipeg Jets' alternate captain, Mark Scheifele, less than 1 minute before the end of the match.

This was to be a special game and win for Jake Evans who had scored his first-ever goal in any playoff series, and this, on his 25th birthday...

Instead of celebrating with his teammates, he would be stretchered off the ice.

While Mark Scheifele was previously regarded as a clean, respected player, will now be overshadowed by this one horrific and inexcusable instance, of which an unprotected Jake Evans could have faced serious, if not life-threatening consequences.

Mark Scheifele had been head-hunting Habs players throughout the game. He had been penalized minutes before this incident for roughing and punching Ben Chiarot in the head (Ben was lying on the ice).

But... Thank you Scheifele for removing yourself from the game. Way to throw yourself and your team under a bus. As you know, this is the playoffs, and the Habs are going to use every opportunity they can to win the series. You just made it that much easier. ;)

EM1l.gif

On another note
: A special, heartfelt thank you goes to Nikolaj Ehlers who did everything he could to protect Jake Evans, who was lying unconsciously on the floor, from the scrum.

Thank you, Nikolaj. We will not forget.

View attachment 443149

Get better, Jake. We're all with you!

Awesome stuff on the GDT!

Going to be interesting how chippy this game will be. I have a feeling first period is going to have no flow with a bunch of penalties.

Also, while I’m a little more confident today than I was Wednesday, we have to remember these aren’t the Leafs. The Jets will fight back and won’t just roll over for a sweep or any of the nonsense I’ve been seeing. Sure, it may happen, but boasting about it didn’t help the Laffs.

That said, let’s bust this tribute video out once again. We are 3-0 when I posted this:

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
Great job on the GDT! :clap:Super entertaining. Great typography on the first image and I lol at the Millionaire multiple choices :laugh:

Guys should be pumped. I have a great feeling about this one, just hoping we don't get too many penalties...
Let's comeback to Montreal leading 2-0. GHG!!

Last edited:

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Well now that greaseball player 55 is out, you know the Jets will be throwing everything but the kitchen sink at our guys tonight. I expect them to try to get to Price physically at some point and tonight seems like a logical time for it happen since they’re already wearing the bad guy hats. They’ll be at least two scraps tonight and wouldn’t be surprised to see a partial linebrawl. The Habs have to stay focused and keep rolling but it will be an emotional game where some bad blood is going to spill over, my prediction. Score big and often boys and then beat them in the alley.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Will be interesting to see who the Jets line up at center now. Is Stastny ready to go in this game? Even if he is, he's dealing with a day/day injury and it's big enough where he couldn't play game 1.

PLD, Stastny (maybe), Lowry, Thompson. If Stastny can't play, Perreault?

Habs team speed will be a problem for the Jets. Taking a guy like Scheifele out has ripple effects for them. In the past 2 years, their group of forwards were committed to help with sheltering their flaws on D. Now it's a bigger challenge.

Reactions: sandviper

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Will be interesting to see who the Jets line up at center now. Is Stastny ready to go in this game? Even if he is, he's dealing with a day/day injury and it's big enough where he couldn't play game 1.

PLD, Stastny (maybe), Lowry, Thompson. If Stastny can't play, Perreault?

Habs team speed will be a problem for the Jets. Taking a guy like Scheifele out has ripple effects for them. In the past 2 years, their group of forwards were committed to help with sheltering their flaws on D. Now it's a bigger challenge.

Statsny is day to day like you mentioned, but I believe right now he will be a game time decision again. Lowry and Perreault got hurt in game one, though they came back. Perreault in particular was in a lot of pain at the time.

Losing DeMelo is a huge blow for them though, assuming he doesn't dress. He looked pretty bad injury-wise in game 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad