NCC terminates Lebreton deal : Mediation to save the deal underway

Status
Not open for further replies.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Ok then sell

Lol ya or cut costs and be in line with what the market supports. I can’t believe people walk around thinking some other money bags should come lose millions a year. There is no logic to that, you are not owed a weekly entertainment paid for by someone else

Acidrain66

Jun 13, 2018
Lol ya or cut costs and be in line with what the market supports. I can’t believe people walk around thinking some other money bags should come lose millions a year. There is no logic to that, you are not owed a weekly entertainment paid for by someone else
Well the way he operates, Euge will get a lowball offer. So either way hes screwed.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
We'll settle for competent management of the operation.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
And make the team little more than AHL calibre???Seems like a good way to get the fans back through the door

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Many think I am or thought I was an EM supporter. Always far from that, but, as business goes in a business world, the above is right. I cannot understand where everyone thinks Desmarais or whoever is going to jump on board and lose millions. Makes no sense, and, the shareholders will surely dump his stocks on the open market. Our white knight may not be what everyone expects .

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Many think I am or thought I was an EM supporter. Always far from that, but, as business goes in a business world, the above is right. I cannot understand where everyone thinks Desmarais or whoever is going to jump on board and lose millions. Makes no sense, and, the shareholders will surely dump his stocks on the open market. Our white knight may not be what everyone expects .
There has been nobody here thinking that the team couldnt use a refresh ,or thinking that a new ownership group coming in should spend like drunken sailors...What we want is to be assured that the team will be properly funded from rebuild to championship title...Not just with players but with good front office staff and coaching at both the nhl and ahl levels...Its really not that much to ask for what this city will return

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
You guys are arguing a very old circular debate.

Less than a week until we hear about the mediation process, I'm quite keen to learn about it. My inclination is that it is going well and we will hear good news, if it were hopeless we would have heard about it by now. This will mean more to the franchise and fans going forward than trading a few favourites or endlessly arguing about a few unsold seats as if they actually mean anything.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
There is another saying.
How do you make a small fortune? Start with a large fortune and buy an NHL team

Buy an NHL team watch appreciate by hundreds of millions and end up with less? Fascinating.
Sens since Eugene Trump bought them team has increased in value buy approx 170%
Franchise as a whole in the NHL have increased in value by over 130%
(but I’m sure your numbers ? are probably more reliable)
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/busines...t-their-american-counterparts-off-the-ice/amp

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Buy an NHL team watch appreciate by hundreds of millions and end up with less? Fascinating.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/busines...t-their-american-counterparts-off-the-ice/amp

How much debt was racked up in that time? I’m fairly sure if these people put money in the stock market it will out perform most hockey teams with overal value and they would also revive dividends instead of multi million dollar debts.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
How much debt was racked up in that time? I’m fairly sure if these people put money in the stock market it will out perform most hockey teams with overal value and they would also revive dividends instead of multi million dollar debts.

Yes, how much HOCKEY related debt was accumulated?
How much in hockey related debt was accumulated through his ATM machi...errr hockey club?
What does he pay himself rent?
Why did those 2 CFOs leave within a year?
How do the taxes on those ‘losses’ work when he sells the team?

So many interesting questions right?
Also your concept of stock market returns along with dividend payouts is super interesting as well.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Yes, how much HOCKEY related debt was accumulated?
How much in hockey related debt was accumulated through his ATM machi...errr hockey club?
What does he pay himself rent?
Why did those 2 CFOs leave within a year?
How do the taxes on those ‘losses’ work when he sells the team?

So many interesting questions right?
Also your concept of stock market returns along with dividend payouts is super interesting as well.

Go buy a team and show us how to spend your money champ. Your made up lies about money being stolen from you and your team are bullshit.

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
So, best case scenario for Sens fans is Melnyk selling in 2025 after "Five years of unparreled success" ?

Win, win I guess...

Last edited:
Reactions: topshelf15

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Lol why you so mad bro?

Cause I can't even enjoy one game played with one new hopefull player without complaints he was the wrong draft pick or it will ruin him, or what ever. I'm super cranky in general and I was fairly confident that Stone would stick around, I guess I'm just looking for trouble all around. Nothin personal.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Cause I can't even enjoy one game played with one new hopefull player without complaints he was the wrong draft pick or it will ruin him, or what ever. I'm super cranky in general and I was fairly confident that Stone would stick around, I guess I'm just looking for trouble all around. Nothin personal.
We are allowed to be pissed off ,but you are trying to make something stick that really isnt there...Everybody here loves the Drake ,and knows he is one of our best prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad