Prospect Info: NCAA Tournament March 28-April 13, 2024

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Reason why you never go need. Just...never. 'Cause the year after...it's a whole new group. With players coming and going. Now because we went needs last year, we might go needs this year. Instead of just BPA.

To me BPA last year waas Mickhov or Leonard or Benson. Then, at our rank, it's easy to see a d-man being BPA. Imagine a Leonard-Dickinson pairing....I LOVE Iginla. Big time. But I'd prefer that to a Reinbacher-Iginla.

Yup, agree 100%. I wanted Leonard. He's everything I love in a hockey player. I would have been OK with Benson or Michkov, but Leonard was always #1 for me.

I really hope Reinbacher turns into a top pairing D because we passed on a freaking great forward, and we will probably pass on a freaking great D this year to take a forward. *sigh*

6-1. It's a route now.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Reason why you never go need. Just...never. 'Cause the year after...it's a whole new group. With players coming and going. Now because we went needs last year, we might go needs this year. Instead of just BPA.

To me BPA last year waas Mickhov or Leonard or Benson. Then, at our rank, it's easy to see a d-man being BPA. Imagine a Leonard-Dickinson pairing....I LOVE Iginla. Big time. But I'd prefer that to a Reinbacher-Iginla.

BPA should always be the way to draft imo

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Bigtime , I like Reinbacher and everything

But Leonard was the guy
I am still shocked they didn't take him

We all like him and wish he'll be a stud for us, we should be able to say if we would have take someone else without being called haters anyway, was hoping for Mitchkov at the draft.

Have to say tho that i really liked Reiny camp in september and so far impressed at how he handle the 4 games in 6 days with Laval

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Yes Leonard is a very unique player. Not many can be that physical, fast and dominant offensively.

Will it work in the NHL as he is not very big and will not have the same advantage that he has in college where there are a ton of tiny players? Leonard is a great prospect but the power forward narrative is a little much. He plays with two of the greatest playmakers in college hockey, let's see how well he does when he doesn't have the same space and superior linemates against bigger, stronger, faster competition. I am not suggesting that he won't be a good player but there are some very serious questions about his upside in the NHL.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Yes, no difference but MT are way harder to play against. What is the point?
The point Leonard is good but he has always played in a loaded team in a loaded line against by comparison shit competition.

How many points would celebrini have playing with smith and cutter gauthier??

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021

You state this as though it was a fact, when it is merely your opinion.

I am certain Habs scouts disagree that they didn't pick the best player available.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Will it work in the NHL as he is not very big and will not have the same advantage that he has in college where there are a ton of tiny players? Leonard is a great prospect but the power forward narrative is a little much. He plays with two of the greatest playmakers in college hockey, let's see how well he does when he doesn't have the same space and superior linemates against bigger, stronger, faster competition. I am not suggesting that he won't be a good player but there are some very serious questions about his upside in the NHL.
I disagree we've already seen him up against big players in the WJHC.
Looking at his frame he's going to fill out like Nick Suzuki which screams durability.
He's also going to get stronger. He's a better skater and knows how to play a physical game to begin with.
Is he going to drive people through the boards no but he's going to be one pain in the ass to play against.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Yes, it will work, he is not just a pure power player, he can skate and he has hands and offensive IQ. I am not worried for him.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
The point Leonard is good but he has always played in a loaded team in a loaded line against by comparison shit competition.

How many points would celebrini have playing with smith and cutter gauthier??
Celeberini is the best talent in this year draft. Who is comparing him to Macklin? Why is it so hard to give praise for a player? He does not have to be 1st overall level of talent to be decent. Leonard will be a very good 1st line player.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Tomorrow:

Denver (Harris) vs Cornell at 4 pm

BU (Hutson, Tuch) vs Minnesota (Pitlick, Mittelstadt) at 6:30 pm.

Winner plays in Frozen Four April 11th. Loser goes home.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad