Wrasslin’ semis on ESPN right now. 133 lb bouts about to start

Hope RBY beats Fix... Hate that style of wrestling

Last edited:

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Wrasslin’ semis on ESPN right now. 133 lb bouts about to start
My best friend won back to back D3 titles. I want to tell the story about him whupping 2 university football players at the same time, but I better not. ;) Wrestling is a great sport on and off the mats. The Finals are tomorrow at 11.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
My best friend won back to back D3 titles. I want to tell the story about him whupping 2 university football players at the same time, but I better not. ;) Wrestling is a great sport on and off the mats. The Finals are tomorrow at 11.

There’s some cross over between the two sports. A football player might have some wrestling experience...

But yeah, the wrestlers at this stage are close to world class. Arguably some of them are. Some UFC fighters have been very successful with a weaker wrestling base than the competitors in the D1 tournament.

wankstifier

Jun 19, 2018
Big upsets at 157!

Pretty sure this is the first class so far with no PA affiliated wrestlers in the finals

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The women are getting inferior covid testing, food, gift bags, and workout facilities. Izzo and Geno A. both made dumb comments about it.

My brain is in a pretzel about how they have Title IX but then at the same time completely disregard it. You then have the aspect in that the men make far more money than the women but with Title IX that shouldn’t matter and they say that they’re Student Ath-o-leets.

The NCAA is a joke and needs to be burnt to the ground or they can just admit that it’s all a money making scheme and they don’t actually care about what they preach. I would respect them a lot more if they did.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Took Villanova -6.5 simply because it felt like everyone and their mother was on Winthrop outright. Now they have a clear path to the sweet 16.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
My brain is in a pretzel about how they have Title IX but then at the same time completely disregard it. You then have the aspect in that the men make far more money than the women but with Title IX that shouldn’t matter and they say that they’re Student Ath-o-leets. The NCAA is a joke and needs to be burnt to the ground or they can just admit that it’s all a money making scheme and they don’t actually care about what they preach. I would respect them a lot more if they did.
Agreed. idk who decided this, but I read over 50% of the tourney is commercials. I constantly surf all 4 networks and they're all ads. It's ridiculous.

Reactions: Cody Webster

wankstifier

Jun 19, 2018
My buddy won 2 D3 titles at 158. Before they retired I think Angle and Lesnar would have had a chance against you. ;)

Haha, I’m sure neither would waste their time. They’d wipe the floor with me as middle schoolers.

Don’t mean to knock the quality of competition in other divisions. Even the junior college association has produced some incredible talent that’s found success at the highest stage. Just mean to support that the D1 tournament, which both Angle and Lesnar both won at least once, is probably the toughest annual folk/scholastic-style event.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Colorado making Patrick feel like he's back in school. I sure wish Steve Lapis would shut the f*** up, though.

Buffalo%2BCar.gif

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Haha, I’m sure neither would waste their time. They’d wipe the floor with me as middle schoolers. Don’t mean to knock the quality of competition in other divisions. ...
You didn't say anything bad. Here's how good my friend was though. At 158 he wrestled the D2 167 national champ and it ended in a tie. He was also ranked 10th in D1. His senior year he would have put up a fight against you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad