GDT: NCAA Hoops thread

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
RIP Raycom-JP Sports

NC State didnt make the dance with a 22-11 record. Too many bad losses I guess.

Would have had a better shot had they not lost to GT and Wake. That and if they had been able to pull off that one UVA game they'd be in. The committee's metrics are not what they were 5-10 years ago.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
hi guys, just dropping by and saying hi because my devils stink and it's march madness.

naturally, the board full of people from the carolinas seems like a good place to lurk college hoops talk here on hf.

i got duke winning it all with houston runners-up, although i really would like an opportunity to party like it's 1989 over my pirates in the interim, at least a little bit.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Went to State. Every year I shed tears of mediocrity for NCSU basketball, longing for the next year. And every year I say, well, it's OK, I am a Canes fan, and that is my one true allegiance. Then, every year, I shed more tears of mediocrity for Canes landing the #12 draft pick and missing the playoffs.

This has happened every year since I have graduated college (2009). Now, for the first time, I am thinking

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
hi guys, just dropping by and saying hi because my devils stink and it's march madness.

naturally, the board full of people from the carolinas seems like a good place to lurk college hoops talk here on hf.

i got duke winning it all with houston runners-up, although i really would like an opportunity to party like it's 1989 over my pirates in the interim, at least a little bit.

What you talking bout dude they just won the ACC and are the #1 overall seed!

:sarcasm:

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Anyone interested in an HFCanes Yahoo bracket challenge? I seem to recall @gocanes88 was the one who did them in the past but he hasn't posted here lately. I joined the HFBoards overall bracket on the Basketball forum but also figured among ourselves and friends we can compete to see who is best at picking 18-22 y/os playing shooty hoops.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Wow really great diversity in our group. 9 brackets that all have UNC or Duke as champion.

That actually makes it a little more fun IMO. The winner will be whoever picked the earlier rounds more correctly, which to me is the fun of the bracket. They usually don't mean as much, since you can have a terrible bracket but pick the champion and still finish very high in the typical group.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Auburn hangs on, but holy **** that was one of the worst closes to a game I've ever seen.

Just coming to post this. Holy crap what a game. Auburn horribly mismanaged the last minute, but got saved by missed free throws after fouling the 3-pt shooter.

Not a convincing win for them in the least, and definitely not thrilled about having them in the Sweet 16 anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad