GDT: NCAA Hoops thread

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
State couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat today.
24 points is beyond pitiful for basketball LMAO ****ing State gonna State. Did they do the Bird Box Challenge during the game? You can score more points by accident than they got by trying. Thankfully the Panthers, Canes, and Checkers have primed me with years of pitiful underperformance so it just meets my expectations of them.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Georgia lost because a fan threw a stuffed animal on the court, thus Mississippi State got a free free-throw as a result of a technical foul in a tie game with a second left.

Some people are dumb. Or perhaps very smart if it was a Mississippi State fan in disguise.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Georgia lost because a fan threw a stuffed animal on the court, thus Mississippi State got a free free-throw as a result of a technical foul in a tie game with a second left.

Some people are dumb. Or perhaps very smart if it was a Mississippi State fan in disguise.

Any idea what the environment of the game was like to that point? If there had been warnings to the crowd or it was a chippy game I can understand the call more. But if not I'd like to think the Refs could look at the game situation and not hand the game over like that.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I mean... I've been beating the "K has seemingly lost his touch a bit" drum for a couple of seasons now, but losing the best player in college basketball a couple of minutes into a game is going to be rough, regardless of the surrounding talent.
Where K's coaching is inferior to Ol' Roy is he was unable to get his shoe manufacturer to use the substandard glue on the Heels' best player's shoes. Roy made no mistake.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I mean... I've been beating the "K has seemingly lost his touch a bit" drum for a couple of seasons now, but losing the best player in college basketball a couple of minutes into a game is going to be rough, regardless of the surrounding talent.
Oh I’m just having a little fun. It WAS interesting how Carolina just kept doing the same thing over and over, and Duke had zero answers.

Unpopular opinion - Zion will be a good pro but definitely nothing special.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Any idea what the environment of the game was like to that point? If there had been warnings to the crowd or it was a chippy game I can understand the call more. But if not I'd like to think the Refs could look at the game situation and not hand the game over like that.

Nothing out of the ordinary it sounds like. The refs issued no warning at all and simply awarded MSU with a free-throw.

Reactions: Identity404

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Unpopular opinion - Zion will be a good pro but definitely nothing special.

I don't disagree. Way too many of these guys are being hyped as the next best thing and while a lot of them have talent, they are nowhere near what they were projected to be. Look at Trae "Next Steph Curry" Young. He could turn out to be a great but right now the Hawks look like fools for trading Luka Doncic to get him.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I don't disagree. Way too many of these guys are being hyped as the next best thing and while a lot of them have talent, they are nowhere near what they were projected to be. Look at Trae "Next Steph Curry" Young. He could turn out to be a great but right now the Hawks look like fools for trading Luka Doncic to get him.
I thought that was a horrible trade from the start. Looks worse and worse as the season goes on. Doncic looks like he has top 10 player potential.

As for Zion, it's so hard to project him as a pro since he's still such a raw player who can get by on athleticism alone. Wouldn't be surprised if he was a bust or top 5 player either way.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I thought that was a horrible trade from the start. Looks worse and worse as the season goes on. Doncic looks like he has top 10 player potential.

As for Zion, it's so hard to project him as a pro since he's still such a raw player who can get by on athleticism alone. Wouldn't be surprised if he was a bust or top 5 player either way.

Yeah, athleticism along doesn't always translate well into the NBA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad