Prospect Info: NCAA Hockey Prospect Tracker

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I was at the game last night at DU, Tuo looked really solid out there and was such a rock defensively, almost no chances against while he was out there.

Buium was especually noticeable early on in the game and Mazur was all over the ice.
Did Buium played like 2 way defenseman or he was extra forward

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
2nd line college players rarely make the NHL, but he's still young. Keep in mind Hirose was a Hobey Baker finalist.

He missed a season due to injury, and the CBA states the Wings retain his rights for the 4 years of college eligibility. Even if you include last season's 6 COVID games, he's only played 3 seasons.

I don't think it matters though, did he even get a camp invite?
He has had a rough go with a serious leg injury (if I remember correctly.) He was a big scorer in the USHL and did well in prior camps.

Taking Flight - You Don't Know Jack

Reactions: Gniwder

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Wow Denver is blowing teams out. Are they just playing weak competition or are they that good?

Probably yes to both questions. They have a pretty deep team, I wouldn't be shocked to see them in the FF this year.

Az State and Air Force are pretty weak. We'll get a better idea where DU stands after next weekends games against Providence and BC, then NoDak the week after.

Reactions: r0bert8841

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
I watched the second half of the Denver game yesterday. Wow that was some wild, fast paced hockey. And it was very physical. I thought all three Wings prospects looked good.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think it’s safe to say there will only be 1 Ryan O’Reilly in the NHL.

Reactions: TheMule93

Octopus

May 17, 2006
Happy that this string exists. I'm especially watching Mastrosimone and Tuomisto this year. Each in their 3rd year NCAA and have to have breakout years to be considered for an ELC at year-end if not sooner. Go Boys !!!

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
2 Goals for Mastro tonight... 5 Goals 3 Assists in 1st 9 Games

You have to think if down the road we have some combination of Berggren, Veleno, Rasmussen and Mastro you have a really good third line. That is why winning a Shane Wright would really slot this thing correctly. Admittedly a huge piece and low chance, but man it is nice to envision.

Mastro is a player I have all the time in the world for. He just is such a smart player and he works his ass off every time I watch him. Last prospect I felt this way about was Bertuzzi in terms of yeah but man he gets it and plays super hard. I think he is going to break out massively here in a minute, I really believe in his game.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Owen Power is doing quite well. Luke Hughes as well, even better. Hughes might be the best defender on the team IMO.
Difficult to compare. SHL vs. College kids. I am happy with Edvinsson but love the upside of Hughes more than Power.

...nah.

Power is getting the tough assignments. Hughes is 2nd pair. Still doing well, but I'd still take Power or Edvinsson over him 10 out of 10 times.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Owen Power is doing quite well. Luke Hughes as well, even better. Hughes might be the best defender on the team IMO.
Difficult to compare. SHL vs. College kids. I am happy with Edvinsson but love the upside of Hughes more than Power.
I thought Edvinsson would be gone so Hughes was my pick. Considering he was gone, Edvinsson isn't a bad consolation prize. All 3 should have good NHL careers.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
For anyone watching Denver - is Tuomisto looking better than his 7 games 0g 2a suggests?

For such an early second rounder, I was hoping for sexier NCAA production in his D+3 I guess.

Reactions: lilidk

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Lol. I’ve heard Hughes looks awesome this year. Your boy Kent Johnson too.

Oh I'm not disputing that they have played well. I'm still sticking to Power of Hughes though. He's been a solid all situations guy. Hughes reminds me of a taller version of Quinn, and I think will have the same problems that Quinn does where you'll have to accept the bad with the good. Johnson has been good but I still also take Beniers over him 10/10.

Keep an eye on Brisson and Bordeleau. Those guys have also been pretty good. That Michigan team is looking like an NCAA all star squad.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Oh I'm not disputing that they have played well. I'm still sticking to Power of Hughes though. He's been a solid all situations guy. Hughes reminds me of a taller version of Quinn, and I think will have the same problems that Quinn does where you'll have to accept the bad with the good. Johnson has been good but I still also take Beniers over him 10/10.

Keep an eye on Brisson and Bordeleau. Those guys have also been pretty good. That Michigan team is looking like an NCAA all star squad.

Speaking of trade targets, I have had my fingers crossed that we could pry away Brisson from Vegas in a deadline deal. That long shot deal has obviously gotten longer in recent weeks though.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Speaking of trade targets, I have had my fingers crossed that we could pry away Brisson from Vegas in a deadline deal. That long shot deal has obviously gotten longer in recent weeks though.

Been thinking about that as well. Would like to acquire Brisson.

And Hague.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad