Prospect Info: NCAA Hockey Prospect Tracker

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
By my count, there are 13 players we have rights to playing NCAA hockey this year.

Figured we could use a thread to discuss how they are doing in their NCAA seasons (Feel free to merge with another thread MOD's if you think it makes sense to do so)

Jack Adams, RW - Notre Dame (2017 Draft)
Ryan O'Reilly, RW - Arizona State (2018 Draft)
Robert Mastrosimone, LW - Boston U (2019 Draft)
Ethan Phillips, C/RW - Boston U (2019 Draft)
Sam Stange, RW - Wisconsin (2020 Draft)
Chase Bradley, LW/C - UCONN (2020 Draft)
Red Savage, C - Miami Univ of Ohio (2021 Draft)
Carter Mazur, LW - U of Denver (2021 Draft)

Antti Tuomisto, D - U of Denver (2019 Draft)
Cooper Moore, D - Univ of North Dakota (2019 Draft)
Kyle Aucoin, D - Harvard (2020 Draft)
Shai Buium, D - U of Denver (2021 Draft)

Carter Gylander, G - Colgate Univ (2019 Draft)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Some games of note for this upcoming first weekend of action for some of these guys

BU vs. UCONN - 10/8 (7 PM EST) and 10/9 (7 PM EST)
Prospects playing -- C Bradley, R Mastrosimone, E Phillips

Ariz State vs. U of Denver - 10/8 (9 PM EST) and 10/9 (8 PM EST)
Prospects playing -- C Mazur, R O'Reilly, A Tuomisto, S Buium

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Just one man's thoughts but i preferred the days when the generic prospect thread was the main vehicle for prospect discussion.

Im ok with merging this into there. I just thought if we had a Swedish thread we should have one like this, since there are so many guys playing NCAA this year.

Reactions: Run the Jewels

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Very few relevant players come from college after playing 3 or 4 years in college.

eh just from Wings prospects in recentish memory Nyquist,Sheahan,Jensen,Smith,Abdelkader,Howard all played 3

I guess you could quibble over the relevance of some of them but all of them have hundreds of NHL games(Jensen having the fewest at 331 and all the others having 500+)

edit: yeah Glendening and DeKeyser too, forgot them since I was just looking at a list of players the Wings drafted and those two were both undrafted

Last edited:

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
Very few relevant players come from college after playing 3 or 4 years in college.

This is true, but there's definitely some examples of recent Red Wings who fit this bill - whether it's Abdelkader, Glendening, Dekeyser, Smith, or even Howard. I may be missing some as well, I just know of these ones off the top of my head. The other comment I'd like to make is that on this specific list, I believe only Mastrimone, Phillips, and Adams are entering years 3+ at the NCAA level. I think the jury is still out on Mastrimone as a potential NHL player. Hopefully he can put together a strong showing.

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
Just one man's thoughts but i preferred the days when the generic prospect thread was the main vehicle for prospect discussion.
We also have at least 2 times as many the legitimate prospects as those days. I don't mind having them divided up, assuming we have enough prospects to make it make sense. I thought the Swedish thread last year was pretty smooth, although maybe we couldve thrown the Finnish guys in there too. We already had the Grand Rapids Griffins guys as a separate thread. I'm not against an NCAA one, especially if people plan on watching the games instead of just posting stats. I plan on watching some Denver games now that we have 3 prospects over there.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

More than fine having these prospects at separate thread. I think it's better that way.

NCAA is the area I know nothing and appeciate all NA information from you guys.

Reactions: Electric Eric

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Looking for a big jump from Sam Stange this year! Don’t be surprised if he takes advantage of opportunity.

Wisconsin had 4 forwards who scored a ton (all well over point per game) and they’ve all moved on this season.

Reactions: Frk It

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Looking for a big jump from Sam Stange this year! Don’t be surprised if he takes advantage of opportunity.

Wisconsin had 4 forwards who scored a ton (all well over point per game) and have moved on this season.

Good to know.

I saw that Ethan Phillips was 1st line RW, and Mastrosimone was 2nd line RW in one of the exhibition games for BU. Nice to see them both in the top 6.
I believe Red Savage slotted in as the 2C for Miami in one of their first 2 games.

Not sure where these other guys will slot in yet. I am curious to see the lines and pairings for Denver.

Edit - Chase Bradley slotted as 1st line LW for UCONN in exhibition games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Holden Caufield

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
im thinking its sort of distracting to many because of thee amount of non hockey topics that have been stickied , the prospect thread is buried deep in amongst all those non hockey threads so its like out of site out of mind . when the prospect thread should be right on top 24/7 and half the stickied threads should be removed . this condition im thinking is why frkt started this thread to get the ball rolling on this topic . also the prospect thread having the 'even our germans are swedish' or whatever it says distracts from people understanding what the thread is . then also inside the prospect thread should be stickied right at top a list of all prospects with links to their stats / bios at some site ... the prospect thread should be titled in capital letters : DETROIT RED WING PROSPECT'S . without any attempt at wit coming along with that title...

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Odd thing to say after Adam Fox won the Norris. Makar had a couple of years of college too.

Seems like more kids are going the college route now vs back in the old days... when I had hair and a back that functioned.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
I like this idea. One for juniors and one for Europe also would be perfect

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Tonight:

ASU at DU
BU at UConn
Colgate at Vermont
Mich Tech at Wisco
Niagara at UND

While of no interest in terms of Wings prospects, the best series of the weekend should be Minnesota State v. St. Cloud

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
im thinking its sort of distracting to many because of thee amount of non hockey topics that have been stickied , the prospect thread is buried deep in amongst all those non hockey threads so its like out of site out of mind . when the prospect thread should be right on top 24/7 and half the stickied threads should be removed . this condition im thinking is why frkt started this thread to get the ball rolling on this topic . also the prospect thread having the 'even our germans are swedish' or whatever it says distracts from people understanding what the thread is . then also inside the prospect thread should be stickied right at top a list of all prospects with links to their stats / bios at some site ... the prospect thread should be titled in capital letters : DETROIT RED WING PROSPECT'S . without any attempt at wit coming along with that title...
You know what's distracting, a couple paragraphs of straight text.

Reactions: r0bert8841

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
Is Denver playing tonight? We got a lot of prospects there. I’m pretty excited to see buium. He was one of my draft darlings pre draft so snagging him has me ecstatic. I think he has top 4 potential with his tool set.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Is Denver playing tonight? We got a lot of prospects there. I’m pretty excited to see buium. He was one of my draft darlings pre draft so snagging him has me ecstatic. I think he has top 4 potential with his tool set.

Yes, they host Arizona State tonight and tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad