Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
how did the hawks finish 9th this season? thought they were pretty stacked

also, last time the cavs made the playoffs without lebron was 1998

Vamos Rafa

I own Voight
Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
This Clippers season was nothing but a showcase of Lue’s coaching. But they were never gonna go far without Kawhi. 11 straight seasons of finishing above .500, though. Never thought I’d see that happen after decades of Sterling ownership.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
Incidentally, my proposal to expand the playoffs to 20 teams still calls for crossovers when a team in the bottom 5 of one conference has a better record than one of the teams in the top 10 of the other.

This actually would have happened under my proposal this year. The 11th place team in the East, the Knicks, had a better record than the 10th place team in the West, the Spurs. Thus, the Knicks, and not the Spurs, would have clinched the final playoff spot in the West. As they also had a better record than the Pelicans, the Knicks would have been the 9th seed in the West, setting up a first-round matchup with the Clippers, while the Pelicans and Timberwolves would have contested the other first round series in the West. Nets-Hornets and Cavaliers-Hawks would be the first round series in the East.

Under my proposal, the highest-remaining seed to come out of the first playoff round in each conference would play the 2nd seed in the conference quarterfinals, while the lowest-remaining seed would play the #1 seed. Reseeding would also occur for the conference semifinals.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Sixers played their best game all season here in game 1, they can’t possibly play any better than this.

And it’s gonna set themselves up perfectly for the inevitable choke job.

Raptors in 6

Reactions: John Price

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm pretty sure the Raptors win all 3 in Toronto without Thybulle available, which will make the reaction by the fans interesting if the Raptors can just get the 1 win in Philly.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Durant is in typical playoff form. Inefficiency and turnovers galore. He’s such a front runner/regular season stat stuffer. Get him in a playoff game and he shows his true colors every time.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
That Celtics Nets 1st half was pretty good tbh

Nets played their best possible basketball and only tied lol. Boston will dominate the 2nd half. The teams with the best players win in the NBA, and Tatum > Durant. Brown and Kyrie is a toss up. But I trust that Tatum will be too much for the Nets and their pathetic defense.

Reactions: Power Man
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad