NBA NBA Playoff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Wow they celebrating like they won a championship... Still a big win for that franchise none the less.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
I’d be embarrassed by that celebration if I was a T-Wolves fan. Especially Beverly. Like c’mon gimme a break….

I kno I sound like a Debbie downer but man that was one of the most overblown reactions I’ve ever seen by a home team.

Know Your Enemy

Registered
Jul 18, 2004
North Vancouver
I’d be embarrassed by that celebration if I was a T-Wolves fan. Especially Beverly. Like c’mon gimme a break….

I kno I sound like a Debbie downer but man that was one of the most overblown reactions I’ve ever seen by a home team.
If it wasn't the Clippers they beat maybe his reaction would've been different......although I don't know haha

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

it's the t-wolves, can you really blame them?

i wonder if clippers fans realized tonight why the rest of the league hates pat bev

Sep 19, 2008
imagine losing a tournament game and still being in the tournament

it would be like losing a NFL playoff game but not being eliminated. makes ZERO sense

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
clippers have no reason to hang their heads

they had no business even getting this far playing without both their superstars for most of the season. if they keep this supporting cast mostly intact and can get a healthy kawhi/PG more often than not (massive if) they'll be my pick to win it all next year
I do agree that they overachieved but they should have won. There was two stretches: one in the second for about 5-6 minutes and one in the fourth for about 6-7 minutes that they didn’t score a single point not from the free throw line. Imagine if one of those dropped to say 3-4 minutes. They win. The clippers lost themselves the game.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Hornets shouldn't be allowed to participate in this pity-party tournament again. Franchise is such a shit-show

Elvis P

The 4th instrument makes the song.
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
This is the first time since the merger that both the LAL and the Spurs are out of the playoffs.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
wouldn't be surprised if they still pull out a W. not like the pels are that good

but doesn't matter either way, both teams are just playing for a chance to lose to phoenix
You’re right the Pels aren’t great but Valanciunas loves playing against us. Pair that with Ingram and McCollum and Clippers being overly shorthanded I don’t know. Honestly a part of me hopes they miss the playoffs. Unless Kawhi and George are back we aren’t beating the Suns. If they’re both back at 100% I see it going to 7 games with it being a toss up. They’ll be back next year though with only Covington, Hood, and Hartenstein as UFAs and Coffey and Moon as RFAs. They’ll likely resign Covington, Hartenstein and Coffey and let Hood and Moon walk. Roll it back next season healthy and see what happens:

Reggie/Mann/Preston
George/Powell/Coffey
Kawhi/Kennard/Boston
Batum/Morris/Covington
Zubac/Hartenstein

That’s championship worthy with 11 guys that can create their own shot and the best switching defense in the league.

Sep 19, 2008
not sure how Pelicans can make playoffs or even be in the mix without Zion. Some kind of wizardry afoot.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
RE: T-Wolves celebration

Let me preface this by saying F*** TNT and their old head mentality; those crypt keepers forgot how exuberant they were as players, Chuck and Shaq are certified hypocrites.

And let's not forget that Magic Johnson is celebrated for hugging Kareem and celebrating like they just won game 7 of the NBA Finals, after winning the FIRST GAME OF A REGULAR SEASON, and we are shitting on Minny because they celebrated a playoff berth?

Double standards I guess. But it's the good old days, so it's cool amirite?

Also, let's give some context :

- KAT was close to Flip Saunders and the latter passed away, he also lost his mother and other family members to Covid
- Beverley has a chip on his shoulder, he was let go by the Clips and he is a competitor
- the T-Wolves don't make the playoffs that often

So yeah they have every reason to celebrate and they are human FFS

And lastly, pro athletes are often criticized for not caring about winning, a lot of people say that winning does not matter and they only care about money etc
But their celebration means that they indeed care about winning

So what is it gonna be? You can't have it both ways

Rant over

So do you guys have any plans for the Easter weekend? :)

Reactions: Incubajerks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark