NBA Off-Season News Thread

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Saw an ESPN article stating that NBA staffers are concerned about being around unvaccinated players because they might have Covid and could bring it home to their family. Aren't the unvaccinated players safer to be around than the vaccinated ones? Don't the unvaccinated have to be swabbed daily while the vaccinated only if symptomatic? So you're more likely to get Covid from a vaccinated player or staff member than an unvaccinated player.
being vaccinated reduces your chances of infection. plus, viral load in vaccinated individuals is far lower than in unvaxxed so less chance they spread it if infected

although i do think even vaxxed players should be subject to testing at least once a week

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Nothing we didn’t already know but the reports/speculation should ramp up with camps opening up in a few days.

Guy is so dumb. Asking for a trade when his value is probably the lowest and he had an atrocious playoff performance.

aside from cousins, the pels never brought in any talent to play alongside paul and AD

this situation seems different though. paul and AD got tired of losing and wanted out. seems like zion came in with a bad attitude from day one. and he's already had more talent surrounding him there than paul and AD ever did

To be fair he did see the same team waste the primes of two top players. Now of course he needs to pay his dues like the other two did before complaining or asking out. Coming across as entitled.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

The absolute audacity of this punk ass.

Embiid changed HIS game to fit YOUR playstyle you f***ing ingrate. Why is Embiid sitting at the top of the key? So princess gets his lane to drive and then miss free throws.

f*** Ben Simmons. Banish him to the euroleague or Minnesota. Not even a Sixers fan either.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
God what a selfish douche, the 76ers purposely tanked to draft this guy and tried to make him happy yet he outright refuses to work on his flaws. Now he thinks the other star player is "hindering" his game.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

The absolute audacity of this punk ass.

Embiid changed HIS game to fit YOUR playstyle you f***ing ingrate. Why is Embiid sitting at the top of the key? So princess gets his lane to drive and then miss free throws.

f*** Ben Simmons. Banish him to the euroleague or Minnesota. Not even a Sixers fan either.

I mean, someone needs to tell Ben to stop digging. The hole is deep enough already. If he really feels that playing with Embiid is cramping his style, maybe he needs to... change his damn style. Would any other PG in the league say, "I cannot play with that man!" (meaning Joel Embiid of course). No, not a single one. Not Steph, not Dame, not Harden, not Luca, not CP3, nobody. If you're a point guard and you decide you can't fit your playing style with a center like Embiid, you're not really a point guard.

Reactions: Blitzkrug

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
What a clown. But expected from someone who has been coddled his entire life.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
It's totally Embiid's fault that Simmons is afraid to take the ball to the hoop for an easy layup/dunk. Maybe he should learn how to shoot free throws better and literally all of his problems would go away.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
The more he talks the dumber he sounds. You would think that somebody on his payroll would tell him to stop talking about non-basketball stuff. :laugh:

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Someone should ask him was modern medicine ok when it helped him prolong his career by knee and shoulder surgeries.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Someone should ask him was modern medicine ok when it helped him prolong his career by knee and shoulder surgeries.

Come on now - everybody knows that it was burning sage that helped him heal from his injuries. :laugh:

kyrie-irving.gif

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I mean, someone needs to tell Ben to stop digging. The hole is deep enough already. If he really feels that playing with Embiid is cramping his style, maybe he needs to... change his damn style. Would any other PG in the league say, "I cannot play with that man!" (meaning Joel Embiid of course). No, not a single one. Not Steph, not Dame, not Harden, not Luca, not CP3, nobody. If you're a point guard and you decide you can't fit your playing style with a center like Embiid, you're not really a point guard.
Embiid is an egotistical piece of crap.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Jimmy Butler wanted out because of Simmons and Embiid.

Butler is close friends with Embiid to this day. He wasn’t a fan of Brown and Simmons. The Sixers also didn’t offer him the full five-year max.

Embiid is an egotistical piece of crap.

Can Embiid keep his mouth shut about Simmons already? Jeez. We get it, you dont like him.

How is Embiid the bad guy here? He added to his game and evolved as a big man in part because his team needed him to with the way everything fit. Now he has to listen to Simmons and/or people around him anonymously tell reporters he wants out because his style doesn’t fit with him.

I don’t think Simmons is even necessarily wrong about not wanting to play with a dominant big man whose at his best in the paint but it just comes off poorly and I can see why Embiid would take it that way. What has Simmons added at the offense end to help Embiid? Not a single thing.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Butler is close friends with Embiid to this day. He wasn’t a fan of Brown and Simmons. The Sixers also didn’t offer him the full five-year max.

How is Embiid the bad guy here? He added to his game and evolved as a big man in part because his team needed him to with the way everything fit. Now he has to listen to Simmons and/or people around him anonymously tell reporters he wants out because his style doesn’t fit with him.

I don’t think Simmons is even necessarily wrong about not wanting to play with a dominant big man whose at his best in the paint but it just comes off poorly and I can see why Embiid would take it that way. What has Simmons added at the offense end to help Embiid? Not a single thing.

I've been a fan of Simmons in the past, but the reality is that he's always been a problem fit-wise. Basically you have a PG who can't run the half-court offense. He's fantastic as a ball-handler and playmaker in transition, but in the half court offense he brings the ball up, passes it off, and then camps out in the dunker's spot. That's not what you want from your PG. If Brown hadn't indulged him by gifting him the position from the start things might have turned out differently. But the reason they felt they had to trade up to draft Fultz was because they needed that complimentary ball-handler, who could also shoot. Otherwise they could have stayed at 3 overall and drafted Fox, a real PG.

Then, when Fultz didn't work out they traded for Butler and in the playoffs they ended up giving him the ball at the end of games because of Simmons' shortcomings. And even last year against Atlanta, they had Maxey at PG at times because Ben was so ineffective offensively. The guy has tremendous talent but he's playing the wrong position. I have a hard time imagining many teams wanting him to be their PG. Minny is actually one team it could work for, since KAT plays on the perimeter so much. But if he was traded to say, the Warriors (which has been mentioned as a possibility) there's obviously no way he plays PG.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

pretty sure ben declared war first

last i checked, you don't show up for work, you don't get paid

Reactions: Jack Straw

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
honestly this is a good thing. Im all for players having the power but if you sign a contract you are bound to it. You can pull the anthony davis crap to get a trade but at least he was showing up. Hopefully the sixers stick to it and just dont pay him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad