NBA 2K17 (multiple platforms)

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Is the Prelude worth playing? Is it necessary? I got the actual game in the mail today so I'm wondering if I should play the Prelude first (haven't had time to play it)?
Is The Prelude separate from the full game? I thought that's just how MyCareer starts and they're giving everyone a full chance to get a head start.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Is that intro in the full game though too? I assumed it was.

Yeah if you didn't download the prelude it's still in the main game.

As someone who makes multiple players every year I hate these damn unskippable intros. I don't need to see Kobe Bryant and Michael B Jordan talking for 5 minutes. Seriously.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
They said your draft position will help your starting overall. Didn't say how much, probably a top 10 pick gets to be a 65ovr and that's it.

I was drafted 3rd overall by Boston and I'm still am 56 overall (improved my guy by one overall in college lol). That's trash. 2k is so desperate for people to buy VC for some reason.

Last edited:

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I was drafted 3rd overall by Boston and I'm still am 56 overall (improved my guy by one overall in college lol). That's trash. 2k is so desperate for people to buy VC for some reason.

Yep and you get less VC for playing games, My Court and Pro-am. Plus the upgrades cost more. It's like 100k in VC to go to 86 which is right before you have to unlock attribute points.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I finally caved and bought VC for the first time

I've decided to spend $20 to make NBA playable instead of dropping $100 on WWE and all it's DLC characters, so even though I'm paying for a game I've already purchased I'm actually saving money, or at least that's how I've rationalized it

Now that midrange and 3pt shooting are separate stat categories it costs over 106K VC to max out jump shooting, and even then your guy is still trash off the dribble; it's super obvious they expect MyCareer players to buy the $50 VC bundle, but I can't even imagine how much MyTeam people are spending on this

2K feels really good this year, outside of a broken timeout menu, broken attributes and caps, and a few other nitpicks this is a clear-cut improvement over last year, so it's just too bad the game has functionally become mandatory pay to win

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
I don't play my career but with the VC discussion going on just a note to people who don't already to play the app. Easy way to get some bonus VC everyday.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Sports game of the year once again AINEC. Any sports fan should buy this game its astonishing

Again, 2K sets the bar for all sports games.

Been hooked since 2K14, never looked at NHL games the same way since.

The My Player caps have totally turned me off to this game. Makes me so frustrated I can't create the type of player that I want. If they didn't have these types of caps, I would have bought the game. I'm sure the rest of modes are great but My Player was a big selling point for me.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
lol at the justice young character always complaining he's not me. he's way better than me! he'll say stuff like "you're what I wanna be on the court" but the dude leads the league in3 pt %, gets more minutes than me, is the best defender in the league, throws down massive dunks, and he still complains he's not me lol.
it's like it's justices my career and I'm his sidekick hahaha

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Drafted 9th overall by the Raptors; of course the "President of Basketball" goes to the ONLY team not in the United States, lol

Took me until my 13th game to get in the starting lineup, but I love that Justice comes into the starting rotation with you because Orange Juice is hella OP

I just alternate bringing the ball up court with both MyPlayers and cheese pick and rolls to myself for easy slams; both Pres and Justice had 15 assists easily doing this on 9 minute quarters

All this plus having Kyle Lowry as a 6th man and guys like Carroll and Sullinger coming off the bench means we routinely win by 20+ and we god damn better win the chip this year

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
you know I think justice really personifies what it means to be a student athlete. stayed for all four years even though he's better than 90% of the NBA. you'd think the commentators would be crazy about him but it's all about prez Eh.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Okay, so I gave my 6'7" sharpshooter SF a jumper with Westbrook's base, 70% Klay Thompson's release and 30% Curry's release and I immediately dropped 73 points in my first game

This may not exactly be balanced, lol

Grazzy

Sep 29, 2012
How deep is my player this year? Its really the only mode I play in 2k (passed on last years game)

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
^ MyCareer is my go-to mode and this year might be the best version I've played yet

You get to play in some college games, you finally get to play your full rookie season this year, and apparently there's some changes in how the story plays out depending upon how you perform on the court

However, do not play it without downloading patch 1.03 because the attribute upgrades you can only earn through practice sessions don't apply properly before this massive 7gb fix (the timeout menu in other modes is still broken, lol)

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
way to many fouls in the paint. so annoying. If the play goes to the paint there's a 70% chance there will be a foul.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I just had 24 steals in a game and I'm still 2nd in DPotY voting to Deandre Jordan, wth 2K?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad