NBA 2K17 (multiple platforms)

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I'm skeptical about the addition of aiming your jumpshot, I don't know how it can make the game anymore enjoyable to play and it sounds like an added layer of frustration

I guess we'll see how this turns out

Same thing for layups as well. You can now create contact with the defender.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK

A little bit of a my career trailer. Not sure if 2k knows what RPG means. Also, new nickname seems to be "president of basketball" or "prez" for short for some awful reason.
Also regarding the end phone call speaking to coach k I'm guessing we will all have to be American and play for their national team. Hope I'm wrong and we can have different nicknames and nationality.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK

A little bit of a my career trailer. Not sure if 2k knows what RPG means. Also, new nickname seems to be "president of basketball" or "prez" for short for some awful reason.
Also regarding the end phone call speaking to coach k I'm guessing we will all have to be American and play for their national team. Hope I'm wrong and we can have different nicknames and nationality.

So Mike McLintock didn't get that job as Head of Comms for the NHL, he decided to jump in as an agent in the NBA, nice.

Prez is just as bad as Freq as a nickname.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Same thing for layups as well. You can now create contact with the defender.
I like the sound of that.

I also like the sound of playing internationally in career mode, sucks it'll probably have to be team USA though. Don't know who the **** decided president of basketball (prez) or frequency vibrations (freq) were good ideas but they should be fired.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Huge list of new details and it sounds fantastic

http://www.operationsports.com/feat...provements-across-the-board-heres-75-of-them/

Biggest highlight for me, dynamic commentary booths. They've got 11 commentators, and you'll get different commentary teams depending on where you are playing.

Also, they recorded the sound of the ball bouncing in every NBA arena, so now the sound of the ball bouncing in game will vary from arena to arena. Crazy attention to detail.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Holy crap that's cool. It sounds so smooth, and organic.

Madden went to something a little similar this year and it sounds really good. Not as complex and fleshed out like 2K's, but still leagues better than what it was.

2K has been light years ahead in the presentation aspect for years, so this is no surprise.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I've got this pre-ordered but I might just wait until launch to start so I don't have to wait a week just to play again

For anyone playing the prelude, what position/archetype archetype you using, & what are your attribute caps?

I usually like to play SF, but if the shooting stats are as hard capped as last year I might wanna go with a SG

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Well the prelude is out. IDK how to download that though lol. Unless it's a pre order bonus. Either way, I don't think playing 2ks story mode only would be a good start to the game.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
High School All-American comes into college and is a 55 overall. That just screams "Please buy VC" :shakehead

Yeah I can't stand that. Your overall should reflect where you get drafted in my mind. Give people who go first overall a 70 and decrease an overall by 1 as picks grout through top ten. Then 10th-30th are 60 overall.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
Yeah I can't stand that. Your overall should reflect where you get drafted in my mind. Give people who go first overall a 70 and decrease an overall by 1 as picks grout through top ten. Then 10th-30th are 60 overall.

They said your draft position will help your starting overall. Didn't say how much, probably a top 10 pick gets to be a 65ovr and that's it.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Oh boy, just picked this up, now I only have to wait 3 hours for the update to download and install

Next-gen gaming: the future is eventually

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Oh boy, just picked this up, now I only have to wait 3 hours for the update to download and install

Next-gen gaming: the future is eventually

:laugh:

Too true!!

I always throw the game in right when I get home from work, and can usually play by the time the kids go to bed.

My copy will arrive via UPS today. Looking forward to checking it out this weekend. I'm going to need to take a sick day or two soon to catch up with Madden, NHL, and now NBA loaded on the system!

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Is the Prelude worth playing? Is it necessary? I got the actual game in the mail today so I'm wondering if I should play the Prelude first (haven't had time to play it)?

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I'm grinding VC in MyLeague games before even jumping into MyCareer, I don't wanna be a 60 OV rated 20th overall pick this year

I can't figure out how to access the 93 Dream Team, does anyone know how?

I WANT BARKLEY, DAMN IT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad