Nazem "the dream" Kadri- discussion #1 million?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
If all teams have these 2nd liners then what's the argument? He's getting quality looks that just aren't going in. No one expects him to be an elite player, like you mentioned, but no one should expect a sub 2% shooting percentage going forward. The sheer fact that his ability to generate chances is so high given the fact that he's also the opposition's focal point is something to consider going forward. An uptick in shooting percentage could mean that he'll be producing goals like nuts, assuming he continues getting this number of chances.

There is nothing wrong with Kadri once he starts producing.

He's just fine as a 2nd. line center.

No arguments from me at all.

I suspect once the Leafs have some 1st. line talent much of the discussion about some players will fall by the wayside, but until the juniors/Marlies start graduating, Leafs best aren't very good.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Bozak is producing at his historical rate playing third line without Kessel.Mean while how's Naz doing on the first line.32 point pace.Step it up #43,you're playing for a contract.

Its 15* games people :facepalm:

Producing at a "normal clip" means absolutely nothing this early into the season, and I'd be saying that if it were Kadri as well. Does anyone think Komarov is going to score 28 goals?

Last edited:

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
If it is too early in the season, then we'd have to include 2014-2015 season when he scored 39 points and got suspended by the team for his conduct and deportment.

He isn't producing right now, and if we're being honest production >> possible production.

I would agree but the team dynamics has changed. The team game is the polar opposite of what Carlyle hockey was so there's adjustments that everybody has to make that should be taken in. Last season he produced exactly to what the team game allocated for being used as a shut down guy and very little PP time. The year prior he was micromanaged in and out of games produced 50 points with 2nd PP time. 2nd line cetner produced 2nd line points. The year before that the short season he produced more than the opportunity allowed. He had no business producing the numbers he did that year. That scoring rate he was on was even above elite players on the TOI metric. I argue this is his first year that he's been producing less in accordance to his usage and the ironic thing is he's never looked better. :amazed:

Agree or disagree the role he's getting now he should have had it in the season(s) after the shorten year... and yes plural because you have to give your talented youth longer looks than 1 year never mind less than 20 games or with Carlyle 4 games if your going to do right by them. I'll ask what exactly did you think Carlyle was fired for?

3 guys. Kadri, Gardiner and Rielly. It's too bad because if the organization did what they should have we wouldn't have all of these conversations and would know by now what Kadri is and the other guy Gardiner.

mikebel111*

Bozak needs to stop turning the puck over

He needs to be better and he knews it. Babcock might have had enough of him

Kadri continues to outplay him

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

Producing at a "normal clip" means absolutely nothing this early into the season, and I'd be saying that if it were Kadri as well. Does anyone think Komarov is going to score 28 goals?

Yep - with so few games played hot/Cold streaks will have a disproportionate impact on a player's stats.

Hockey Talker29

Oct 10, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Bozak is producing at his historical rate playing third line without Kessel.Mean while how's Naz doing on the first line.32 point pace.Step it up #43,you're playing for a contract.

In all honesty, would you rank Bozak even close to Kadri this season based on impact? Points is a wash at the moment. But the disparity gets quite wide when shots, scoring chances, faceoffs, and other factors are considered.

Most games, I don't even realize Bozak his playing.

ChickenMcNugget

Jun 20, 2014
Ontario, CA
In all honesty, would you rank Bozak even close to Kadri this season based on impact? Points is a wash at the moment. But the disparity gets quite wide when shots, scoring chances, faceoffs, and other factors are considered.

Most games, I don't even realize Bozak his playing.

I'm not sure about this, stat wise kadri and bozak are both terrible right now, bozak is slightly better in pts/faceoffs but there really isn't a noticeable difference.

I hope 1 of them steps it up soon

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I'm not sure about this, stat wise kadri and bozak are both terrible right now, bozak is slightly better in pts/faceoffs but there really isn't a noticeable difference.

I hope 1 of them steps it up soon

I'm fine with both of them.

We're all just spinning our wheels until they get some talent on the team.

If they were firing on all cylinders they'd still be a poor team.

We aren't discussing good players here!

dballislife2

Jul 7, 2011
not enough people here are watching the games, kadri's stats dont look impressive but this kid is creating and generating offensive like a star player...ya hes not racking up the points though, but hes been great and dangerous every game

we've got a great C here...just too many omg hes not a 1st line nhl star so hes useless i want him gone people on this board

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I'm fine with both of them.

We're all just spinning our wheels until they get some talent on the team.

If they were firing on all cylinders they'd still be a poor team.

We aren't discussing good players here!

That depends on your definition of good I suppose. But Kadri>>>>Bozak so depending on your definition, maybe Kadri is good and Bozak isn't.

not enough people here are watching the games, kadri's stats dont look impressive but this kid is creating and generating offensive like a star player...ya hes not racking up the points though, but hes been great and dangerous every game

we've got a great C here...just too many omg hes not a 1st line nhl star so hes useless i want him gone people on this board

Either some people aren't watching the games or they have a strong bias against Kadri. I can't think of any other explanation for some of the :laugh: posts ITT.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell

When responding to claims Bozak is struggling without Kessel, i dont see how its somehow unjust to point out that his ppg pace is actually right around his career average. Do you?

mikebel111*

Anyways, here is a comparison between Kadri's first 15 games last season and this season

2014/2015

Goals: 4
Assists: 3
Rating: +1
Shots: 34
S%: 11.76%
Hits: 18
Faceoff%: 47.77%

2015/2016

Goals: 1
Assists: 5
Rating: -3
Shots: 63
S%: 1.60
Hits: 27
Faceoff%: 52.2%
Corsi%: 54.4%
The anomaly there is the very low S%. That is not going to stay that low. I think it goes up to 8-10% by the end. He has had a good start to the season, kind of amazing he doesn't have more points right now. Love his improvement on faceoffs as well. I didn't think it would improve a lot but here we are.

Last edited by a moderator:

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Snake bit. Always liked Lupul with Kadri. Tends to be a more give and go style offense on the rush and in the cycle. I think it really is a chemistry thing with Kadri, also a goalie thing.

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
ah they're fine, i effed up my tax return though so i gotta redo it and pay a fee etc. life goes on.

Kadri though. good player. good, not great.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
ah they're fine, i effed up my tax return though so i gotta redo it and pay a fee etc. life goes on.

Kadri though. good player. good, not great.

That sucks. Did you use an accountant or software? Some offer audit protection.

Yeah. Good player. Not great. Replaceable so the Leafs don't have to do anything crazy.

A hat trick for him tonight would be nice though. Spice things up a little, you know?

The Apologist

Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Anyways, here is a comparison between Kadri's first 15 games last season and this season

2014/2015

Goals: 4
Assists: 3
Rating: +1
Shots: 34
S%: 11.76%
Hits: 18
Faceoff%: 47.77%

2015/2016

Goals: 1
Assists: 5
Rating: -3
Shots: 63
S%: 1.60
Hits: 27
Faceoff%: 52.2%
Corsi%: 54.4%
The anomaly there is the very low S%. That is not going to stay that low. I think it goes up to 8-10% by the end. He has had a good start to the season, kind of amazing he doesn't have more points right now. Love his improvement on faceoffs as well. I didn't think it would improve a lot but here we are.
Thats not the only difference in that series. Could it not also be possible that the faceoffs, hits and shots are anomalies too?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Thats not the only difference in that series. Could it not also be possible that the faceoffs, hits and shots are anomalies too?

Faceoffs, yes. Hits and shots no. You have to be playing a certain way to be hitting like that and the same goes for getting so many shooting chances.

The Apologist

Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Faceoffs, yes. Hits and shots no. You have to be playing a certain way to be hitting like that and the same goes for getting so many shooting chances.

So whats to suggest that Nazem will continue to play that way? He hasnt exactly been choosy with his shooting. Perhaps his shooting percentage is so incredibly low because he is shooting so much more. I see no reason to believe that his shots per game and hits will remain double his career average.

(to be clear, im not saying that they actually will, but it seems silly to assume that everything bad is an outlier that will correct itself while everything positive is a definite improvement that will remain. If you are aguing that one will improve to means, you must also accept that others will regress.)

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
So whats to suggest that Nazem will continue to play that way? He hasnt exactly been choosy with his shooting. Perhaps his shooting percentage is so incredibly low because he is shooting so much more. I see no reason to believe that his shots per game and hits will remain double his career average.

(to be clear, im not saying that they actually will, but it seems silly to assume that everything bad is an outlier that will correct itself while everything positive is a definite improvement that will remain. If you are aguing that one will improve to means, you must also accept that others will regress.)

IDK the way he's playing seems more consistent of late to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad