Nazem "the dream" Kadri- discussion #1 million?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebel111*

other one almost as limit

I don't think I have seen a player so snake bitten. It seems like he really is just one goal from breaking out. He did tend to float in the past I admit, however he isn't taking a shift off which is always nice. I just hope he doesn't get frustrated because its easy too when your not scoring. He doesn't need to change a thing.

Also does he want to set a record in penalties drawn:laugh:

mikebel111*

It seems as well his faceoffs are getting better. Before, he would be amazing one night, than horrible the next game. It seems like when he isn't 50% on face offs on a particular night, its really because of I more face off lost than won. Hopefully this is a trend

mikebel111*

Shame he can't score on the resulting opportunities.

It is getting really sad. Just keep your head up and keep working.

in the words of the great Nazem Kadri "its getting ridiculous".

I hope he doesn't change his game though. He needs a goal in the worst way

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
He has the skill but I think he just can't perform under focused pressure, needs others to take some of the load to give him the room to make plays. With JVR coasting most the time and Leo being basically a 3rd line grinder it doesn't leave him much. He's not good enough to carry a line with those kind of players. Put him with Lupul and Winnik and I think he looks way better since both Lupul and Winnik can draw defenders with a serious interest. Lupul for his skill, Winnik for his relentless control of the puck.

mikebel111*

He has the skill but I think he just can't perform under focused pressure, needs others to take some of the load to give him the room to make plays. With JVR coasting most the time and Leo being basically a 3rd line grinder it doesn't leave him much. He's not good enough to carry a line with those kind of players. Put him with Lupul and Winnik and I think he looks way better since both Lupul and Winnik can draw defenders with a serious interest. Lupul for his skill, Winnik for his relentless control of the puck.

That's why he is a 2nd line C, and not a 1st line C

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
It's early.

The clenching of the stick will get tighter the longer this goes.

He's working hard. Coach seems to pump his tires (again whether to keep or up trade value, who cares).

Yet he has just 1 more point than Bozak so far and Bozak was injured and missed a few.

Bozak is already signed for 3 years. In the world of 2Cs, the Leafs already have one.

The pucks need to start going in to differentiate himself.

This trip to the bank may end up with the bank being closed the longer this drought goes.

Last edited:

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Is drawing this many penalties necessarily a good thing, or is it more of a "you're a massive diver" kinda thing?

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Kadri should have 5 more goals on the season because of his prior years' shooting percentages.

Kadri should have more goals because his shots came from these areas on the ice...

And Kadri is pushing the puck in the right direction because shot differential numbers are tilted a whopping 1.4% in his favor

Oh Mirtle... you're too much!

:laugh:

mikebel111*

Is drawing this many penalties necessarily a good thing, or is it more of a "you're a massive diver" kinda thing?

Well if he was. Dont you think the refs would have caught on.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

Only people that seem to consider him a diver are salty fans of other teams and by those who don't like him here. Refs and the league don't seem to think so.

mikebel111*

Kadri should have 5 more goals on the season because of his prior years' shooting percentages.

Kadri should have more goals because his shots came from these areas on the ice...

And Kadri is pushing the puck in the right direction because shot differential numbers are tilted a whopping 1.4% in his favor

Oh Mirtle... you're too much!

:laugh:

:facepalm:

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012

Not a diver. Keeps his feet moving to put the infraction on display.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Kadri gets in close on players, always keeps his feet moving and is really shifty. He also annoys people, so they probably want to play him more aggressive than normally. Those are all factors that makes him so effective at drawing penalties. I don't think it's unfair to say that embellishment is another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad