Nazem Kadri (Pre- Deadline).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I think we should keep him because of that assist he just made on the Holland goal...

Just kidding, but I'm leaning towards keeping him for 3-4 years because you can't go through a rebuild and nuke the entire roster back to the stone age. There has to be some continuity to help bring the next generation along.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
There are too many variables though. We could potentially be adding 3 top 6 C to the mix next year in SS, AM and WN. If that's the case then he's most likely gone. If not then as others have said, there should be a third option to sign him long term.

Ok i will add a option if i can. I couldn't add a sign long term option sorry

Last edited:

OvenMittz*

Kadri's assist on Hollands goal... Dayum!

Needs to stay consistent... he was pointless in 5 games before this one.

If he can find ways to get on the scoresheet, i wouldn't worry about him to much.

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
I am with the crowd saying long term deal, Kadri is an effective piece. If somehow we manage to get Stamkos or Matthews along with Nylander, he'll get easier match ups making him more valuable. His best season was playing behind the Bozak line and Grabovski line.

I think he can excel behind a true #1 line. JVR - Bozak - Kessel were brutal last year.

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
I think we should keep him because of that assist he just made on the Holland goal...

Just kidding, but I'm leaning towards keeping him for 3-4 years because you can't go through a rebuild and nuke the entire roster back to the stone age. There has to be some continuity to help bring the next generation along.

Gotta agree with you here. Our center depth is bad enough with Kadri, Bozak, filler. Trade Kadri and insert Nylander-> still need 2 Cs for the bottom six. I'm not one to plan for Matthews or Stamkos either. Any Cs we may draft are likely 4 years away to the show (if they make it). Bozak's contract is done in 2. Dunno if anyone's looked but our C prospect depth is terrible after Nylander (Marner most likely will be a winger) So all we would have is Nylander + Filler off the UFA markets in 2020.

1. Keep Bozak, Sign Kadri to mid-term deal, Bring in Nylander next year.
2. Let Bozak contract expire or move him in last year, Kadri continues Top line duties, Nylander acclimates
3. Nylander Assumes 1st line duties, Kadri moved to 2nd line or trade.

I Guess Gauthier will be our 4th line C. Still need 2 and 3 C

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
He was okay tonight, for a bottom feeder.

At this point there really isn't much on this team that would make you be concerned about dealing them for futures.

He's fine, and might actually be worth keeping for a depth position on a good team.

Really unfair, this team is so bad starting over as an expansion team would not be much different.

stymie

Oct 15, 2014
Should have been a first or second line winger.
He would excel in that role & be worth $ every of what he gets.

Last edited:

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Guy makes a good dangle and all of a sudden he's a core player again! Personally, I think we're better off moving on.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
he's not a core player for me so imo you don't sign non-core players to long term deals, 3 years max at or under 5 million or I would try and deal him over the summer not at this deadline.

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
Reminds me of Sam Gagner. Mediocre player that all of a sudden can deke and break the ankles of three consecutive players on the opposing team than we have to wait another 30-40 games to see that brilliance again.

saminator

Jan 24, 2016
Always makes me laugh when people say to trade kadri... All this talk about rebuilding and you want to get rid of a young solid #2 C? What a joke whose going to replace kadri if we dont get matthews or stamkos and marner doesnt become a C? If we were guaranteed stamkos and matthews ok think about trading him but we have neither so why get rid of a good young asset? Hell even if we get matthews as our number 1 and nylander becomes #2 i sure as hell wouldnt mind kadri as #3 cant have enough centers imo... also surround him around some quality wingers like the marners, timashovs, kapanens and watch him flourish

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Reminds me of Sam Gagner. Mediocre player that all of a sudden can deke and break the ankles of three consecutive players on the opposing team than we have to wait another 30-40 games to see that brilliance again.

Except Kadri dominates the possession game...

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Always makes me laugh when people say to trade kadri... All this talk about rebuilding and you want to get rid of a young solid #2 C? What a joke whose going to replace kadri if we dont get matthews or stamkos and marner doesnt become a C? If we were guaranteed stamkos and matthews ok think about trading him but we have neither so why get rid of a good young asset? Hell even if we get matthews as our number 1 and nylander becomes #2 i sure as hell wouldnt mind kadri as #3 cant have enough centers imo... also surround him around some quality wingers like the marners, timashovs, kapanens and watch him flourish

We need a solid 2 D.
If we finish bottom 3, we are drafting a center or winger. We have Nylander in the system. We need that 2 D. That leaves JVR or Kadri of value to pursue it. But we need that badly.

saminator

Jan 24, 2016
We need a solid 2 D.
If we finish bottom 3, we are drafting a center or winger. We have Nylander in the system. We need that 2 D. That leaves JVR or Kadri of value to pursue it. But we need that badly.

I agree we need D but we dont have a surplus of C.. I wouldnt be apposed to trading JVR as we do have a surplus of wingers but i dont see the sense in trading kadri right now.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I agree we need D but we dont have a surplus of C.. I wouldnt be apposed to trading JVR as we do have a surplus of wingers but i dont see the sense in trading kadri right now.

This is probably a decision for the summer. If we win the draft we have the center. If we don't, we have the winger. If we sign Stamkos, we have the center. If we don't, well so on and so on. Plus it also depends on who the team that has what we want/need asks for.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
There should be more options - so I am not going to participate

Signing him for a year is not an option - sign him long term or lose him after a year

Kadri would sign a one year deal in a heart beat and then would be gone....

People need to think before posting a thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad