Nazem Kadri (Pre- Deadline).

Status
Not open for further replies.

OvenMittz*

1st Bold: As has been stated many times, his linemates Komarov and Grabner are in over their heads against this level of competition. Even Kadri is. They're doing quite well despite that, but his linemates are absolutely holding him back. How do you think he'd be doing if he had Corey Perry on his wing instead of Grabner?

2nd Bold: Shooting % is extremely important. It is highly unlikely that Komarov will produce at this level next season. He'll regress. In fact, he's regressing now. The same will happen for Kadri, but that actually means his production will likely increase. You can claim it's useless, but it's been proven that it's not. It's very useful for identifying unsustainable patterns.

What... Does it matter what Komarov does next season?? WE AREN'T TALKING ABOUT NEXT SEASON!!

He is doing it all this season.. Kadri has no excuse THIS F***** season!! What don't you guys get...

I'm not talking about last season or the next seasons after this one.. JUST THIS SEASON.

The excuse are... "Kadri is not playing with decent linemates".... Komarov IS PLAYING GREAT THIS SEASON AND IS ON KADRI'S WING..

AGAIN.... come talk to me about how Kadri needs better linemates to produce WHEN Kadri can actual beat out his own linemates to justify how he's being tied down..

You have no argument NO MATTER HOW YOU SPIN IT.. at the end of the day... He needs to out produce his own linemates by a fair margin to assume he is being tied down by them..

And your rebuttal... " they are playing in way over there head" great.. I should clap that was great.

Let's just assume you had psychic abilities and knew this would be Komarovs career year where he leads the team in scoring... ISNT THAT WHO YOU WOULD WANT KADRI NEXT TO???

Jesus.. My heart.. I can't take this anymore.. Lol

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
What... Does it matter what Komarov does next season?? WE AREN'T TALKING ABOUT NEXT SEASON!!

He is doing it all this season.. Kadri has no excuse THIS F***** season!! What don't you guys get...

I'm not talking about last season or the next seasons after this one.. JUST THIS SEASON.

The excuse are... "Kadri is not playing with decent linemates".... Komarov IS PLAYING GREAT THIS SEASON AND IS ON KADRI'S WING..

AGAIN.... come talk to me about how Kadri needs better linemates to produce WHEN Kadri can actual beat out his own linemates to justify how he's being tied down..

You have no argument NO MATTER HOW YOU SPIN IT.. at the end of the day... He needs to out produce his own linemates by a fair margin to assume he is being tied down by them..

And your rebuttal... " they are playing in way over there head" great.. I should clap that was great.

Let's just assume you had psychic abilities and knew this would be Komarovs career year where he leads the team in scoring... ISNT THAT WHO YOU WOULD WANT KADRI NEXT TO???

Now stop this Mitzz. You're making too much sense.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

Let's just assume you had psychic abilities and knew this would be Komarovs career year where he leads the team in scoring... ISNT THAT WHO YOU WOULD WANT KADRI NEXT TO??

Fact: Kamorov has 5 more points than Kadri, Grabner is the other line mate and he has 11 points this season. Those are his most common line mates. He played with JVR for a while at the start of the season, but JVR was a poop show defensively and was replaced.

Kadri production based on his line mates has been very good, but you do not get it. With better line mates he would produce more points. As well as the fact that he is facing top lines all season long and he was snake bitten to start the season.

I see people giving you context and you repeatedly ignore anything they present ...Kadri has played very well this season and you do not like it....

ChillyPalmer

Apr 9, 2012
Antarctica
They'll give him an extension.

This is a smart staff, and Babcock loves the way he's playing right now. Folks who don't like it are gonna have to find a way to cope.

Hockey Talker29

Oct 10, 2003
Toronto
Visit site

1) Why did you completely ignore the point about Grabner? Does Kadri play with only one linemate? Playing other teams' best lines with even one linemate who is a 3rd/4th line player is a significant detriment.

2) Komarov had an extremely hot start. As you noted, for a good portion of it, he wasn't even playing with Kadri. He has also been underwhelming for the last 2 months, now that his shooting % is regressing THIS SEASON, in case that wasn't clear the first time.

He has not been great. He's been very good, but he's also been trending sharply down for 2 months.

3) You mock me for stating the obvious that they're playing over their heads. Yet my whole point relates to that. Your point is that his linemates are apparently adequate, which suggests that they're not playing over their heads. Are you agreeing with me, or not? Do you even know?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Regarding Kadri's production this season.

His P/60 in 5v5 situations is 1.33, in comparison Tyler Johnson is 1.24, Filppula is 1.14, and even Nick Backstrum is scoring less on 5v5.

Id say Kadri has been fine this year offensively - especially factoring in the freakish bad luck he had in terms of sh % to start the season.

OvenMittz*

Fact: Kamorov has 5 more points than Kadri, Grabner is the other line mate and he has 11 points this season. Those are his most common line mates. He played with JVR for a while at the start of the season, but JVR was a poop show defensively and was replaced.

Kadri production based on his line mates has been very good, but you do not get it. With better line mates he would produce more points. As well as the fact that he is facing top lines all season long and he was snake bitten to start the season.

I see people giving you context and you repeatedly ignore anything they present ...Kadri has played very well this season and you do not like it....

Grabner is there for speed and to help with the defensive responsibility. He's doing well in that department but of course he shouldn't ve on the 1st line.. His points show that.

You are completely ignorant to think I dont want Kadri to do well.. And your babying excuses are what annoy us all... Kadri has another linemates on his wing who so happens to ve out producing him, but of course let's focus on Grabner when I already stated awhile ago I agreed that Grabner doesn't deserve to be there.. But I can understand that Babs want a defensively responsible line and thats what Grabbers good at.

OvenMittz*

1) Why did you completely ignore the point about Grabner? Does Kadri play with only one linemate? Playing other teams' best lines with even one linemate who is a 3rd/4th line player is a significant detriment.

2) Komarov had an extremely hot start. As you noted, for a good portion of it, he wasn't even playing with Kadri. He has also been underwhelming for the last 2 months, now that his shooting % is regressing THIS SEASON, in case that wasn't clear the first time.

He has not been great. He's been very good, but he's also been trending sharply down for 2 months.

3) You mock me for stating the obvious that they're playing over their heads. Yet my whole point relates to that. Your point is that his linemates are apparently adequate, which suggests that they're not playing over their heads. Are you agreeing with me, or not? Do you even know?

-Komarov had a hot start.. Kadri had a slow start... Kadri got hot.. While Komarov cooled off.. Kadri went pointless for 6games before scoring 2 last night.

BREAKING NEWS: Players get hot and cold through out the season, who knew?

What matters is the numbers at the end of the season.. Plain and simple ALL players have cold streaks and hot streaks i shouldn't have to tell you that.

- ive also stated before this thread I don't believe Grabner is good enough to be there but i undersatnd why BABs put him there which is why I never even brought him up.. He is there to help with the defensive shut down role that all 3 have been given.
But the most productive player on that line this season is also being called out when someone says "If Kadri had decent wingers he would be producing more" .. He isn't even the most productive player on his own line.

-I'm not mocking you for stating the obvious I'm mocking you for trying to tip toe your way around and belittling the fact that he is out producing the player you claim would be MORE productive without him... **** I should say the same thing about Komarov in that case... I could also claim if Kadri got his S*** together at the start of the season Komarov could of had more points.. I can also claim that Komarov would be more productive with Getzlaf at center this season.. I could claim a lot of things but but i dont.. Because that would be making EXCUSES.

Kadri has one of the leafs hottest players on his wing..

A player that hits everyone, gets on the back check, plays a great defensive game and is actually putting up points... THIS is the player that you all are belittling for the sake of poor Kadri for not putting up better numbers.

If this started with "Kadri & Komarov would have better numbers without Grabner on that line" we wouldn't be having this discussion now would we.???..

So you can have the option of changing your opinion.. And point the finger at Grabner or continue to blame the whole line? I for one don't care for making excuses for players but I'd rather have you do the later but if your going to make excuses for Kadri, do it right.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
-Komarov had a hot start.. Kadri had a slow start... Kadri got hot.. While Komarov cooled off.. Kadri went pointless for 6games before scoring 2 last night.

BREAKING NEWS: Players get hot and cold through out the season, who knew?

What matters is the numbers at the end of the season.. Plain and simple ALL players have cold streaks and hot streaks i shouldn't have to tell you that.

- ive also stated before this thread I don't believe Grabner is good enough to be there but i undersatnd why BABs put him there which is why I never even brought him up.. He is there to help with the defensive shut down role that all 3 have been given.
But the most productive player on that line this season is also being called out when someone says "If Kadri had decent wingers he would be producing more" .. He isn't even the most productive player on his own line.

-I'm not mocking you for stating the obvious I'm mocking you for trying to tip toe your way around and belittling the fact that he is out producing the player you claim would be MORE productive without him... **** I should say the same thing about Komarov in that case... I could also claim if Kadri got his S*** together at the start of the season Komarov could of had more points.. I can also claim that Komarov would be more productive with Getzlaf at center this season.. I could claim a lot of things but but i dont.. Because that would be making EXCUSES.

Kadri has one of the leafs hottest players on his wing..

A player that hits everyone, gets on the back check, plays a great defensive game and is actually putting up points... THIS is the player that you all are belittling for the sake of poor Kadri for not putting up better numbers.

If this started with "Kadri & Komarov would have better numbers without Grabner on that line" we wouldn't be having this discussion now would we.???..

So you can have the option of changing your opinion.. And point the finger at Grabner or continue to blame the whole line? I for one don't care for making excuses for players but I'd rather have you do the later but if your going to make excuses for Kadri, do it right.

During that stretch when Kadri wasn't putting up points he was playing fantastic, possibly playing the best hockey of his career, if you don't get that there's not much else to say here. You can stop pretending to be objective though, your bias is coming through loud and clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad