Nazem Kadri - Part 3

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I hope Holland has a strong game tonight, in a fair role of the 3rd line, he should make his presence felt, a strong game by Holland give Nonis more options, if the Kadri trade talk stays hot.

Players are all pieces, anyone could and should be traded if it helps the team, this goes for Kadri to Kessel. The point here is improving the team, not cheering for individuals to me.

In the goalie thread it was stated the team last year was better than this year.

Obviously Nonis has to do something to get the team back on track.

They are one of the worst teams in the league outside of 1st. line scoring and goaltending.

On a team like this no one is safe besides Kessel and Bernier.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
In the goalie thread it was stated the team last year was better than this year.

Obviously Nonis has to do something to get the team back on track.

They are one of the worst teams in the league outside of 1st. line scoring and goaltending.

On a team like this no one is safe besides Kessel and Bernier.

We've had players progress, obviously the entire #1 line, Dion and Gunnar, and some that have regressed. This is where Nonis needs to be proactive, keep the strong players, deal the weak ones for players that can help this team. The team comes first, if we can improve then I trust Nonis will do the right thing.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Not that I think it will happen, but it would be funny if Bozak was traded on March 05, and see if the usual suspects would still be team first. No one on the team should be safe, as every one has their price. Kadri has had a good start to his career, and will only get better.

Feb 24, 2004
Always wanted to see Kesler in a Leafs uniform but if Kadri is the price then, no. A world of no...

Usually agree with your posts, but need to disagree here. I would do that 1 for 1 swap. Kadri'a biggest problem is how poorly he protects the puck when engaged physically. It's been an issue since day 1 and I don't see much of an improvement. He had a great year last year no doubt, but his shooting percentage was abnormally high for his career.

Just my two cents though.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I just noticed this for the advanced stats folks, Kadri leads the team in offensive zone starts this year. 50.8%

That is more than:

Bozak 39.6%
Kessel 44.5%
JVR 46.7%

agropop

Mar 3, 2011
Windsor
Usually agree with your posts, but need to disagree here. I would do that 1 for 1 swap. Kadri'a biggest problem is how poorly he protects the puck when engaged physically. It's been an issue since day 1 and I don't see much of an improvement. He had a great year last year no doubt, but his shooting percentage was abnormally high for his career.

Just my two cents though.

Kadri needs polish, this is true, but he's 23. Kesler, as much as I love the guy as a player, is a diminishing asset, not a 40 goal iron man. I think the window in which we have the better centre would be a rapidly closing one.

I'd trade Kadri for Kesler's last 300 games, not his next 300...

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
LOL Kadri was watching the puck a lot tonight. Looked slow footed.

Again, when the puck is on his stick in the O-zone he is creating chances. He has also got a lot better protecting the puck. However, too many shifts he doesnt touch the puck.

Move your feet kid!

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
At least Kulemin got put back with Lupul and Kadri and they generated a bit of offence but

Lupul, Kadri, Clarkson is just an awful awful line defensively. Cringeworthy.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
I just noticed this for the advanced stats folks, Kadri leads the team in offensive zone starts this year. 50.8%

That is more than:

Bozak 39.6%
Kessel 44.5%
JVR 46.7%

Bozak's is deflated, by a large amount.

This is because there are several times in the game where he takes the faceoff in the defensive zone then runs off for a change spending less than 10 seconds on the ice.

Realistically his offensive zone start % per shift is near his linemates, 44-46%.

Nice try to make Kadri look bad though.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
still have hope for Kadri. Consistency is his problem. Is he going through honest, genuine slumps most of the time, or is he just taking most nights off. 2 Million would be enough for most people to live comfortably on. Some players have done this - get signed and they think they won the lottery - and then just mail it in. Wouldn't be the first time; we've seen it before. Is he one of those guys. Talent and personality is there, for sure. But you can bet the Leafs are questioning whether he's a NHl-for-lifer or if he's just another hack who waited to cash in on a deal before shutting 'er down. Andrew Raycroft struck me as that type, although he lasted a little longer, and probably really did care at one point... but when the going got tough he mailed it in. Right now it seems either is possible with Kadri, he could really care about the NHL and wants to play for life, or he could be another Raycroft/Yashin and just try to win the lottery. Give him a bit more time, the potential is still there.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios

This is because there are several times in the game where he takes the faceoff in the defensive zone then runs off for a change spending less than 10 seconds on the ice.

Realistically his offensive zone start % per shift is near his linemates, 44-46%.

Yeah I don't get it either. Bozak takes a lot more defensive zone faceoffs because of his role as a PKer and as a player who is usually in late game defensive situations. This is all noted when you see that Bozak is top 10 in the league among forwards in ice time

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Kadri gets more offensive zone starts than any player on this team, this illustrates Carlyle has given him ample chances to pad his offensive stats.

The fact it is higher than Bozak, Kessel, and JVR is quite interesting, given they already shelter Kadri and still produce with intense checking attention on them.

I want more out of Kadri, think given his offensive zone starts, and secondary checking attention on his line, they need to be better. There is no excuse why they shouldn't be given this.

TheVision

Sep 18, 2011
Kadri gets more offensive zone starts than any player on this team, this illustrates Carlyle has given him ample chances to pad his offensive stats.

The fact it is higher than Bozak, Kessel, and JVR is quite interesting, given they already shelter Kadri and still produce with intense checking attention on them.

I want more out of Kadri, think given his offensive zone starts, and secondary checking attention on his line, they need to be better. There is no excuse why they shouldn't be given this.

Once he becomes more proficient at winning faceoffs, especially in the Offensive Zone, the team will get better puck possession and create more opportunities. It's been so strange watching Kadri and Lupul struggle this year. Once they find their chemistry again and show some consistency, all SHOULD be ok. Once Bolland is ready to go, I wonder how they'll switch things up.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Once he becomes more proficient at winning faceoffs, especially in the Offensive Zone, the team will get better puck possession and create more opportunities. It's been so strange watching Kadri and Lupul struggle this year. Once they find their chemistry again and show some consistency, all SHOULD be ok. Once Bolland is ready to go, I wonder how they'll switch things up.

Kadri is talented 23 year old, he will be 24 in Oct. He needs to commit to a fitness and strength program this summer. He looks more lethargic this season.

Things to work on.

-winning one on one battles
-face offs
-compete(some games he is very completive others not)
-fitness
-skating with Underhill

If he does these things, he will be more of the Kadri we saw last year. He needs to get stronger and faster and commit to this, like a Stamkos does.

TheVision

Sep 18, 2011
Kadri is talented 23 year old, he will be 24 in Oct. He needs to commit to a fitness and strength program this summer. He looks more lethargic this season.

Things to work on.

-face offs
-fitness
-skating with Underhill

If he does these things, he will be more of the Kadri we saw last year. He needs to get stronger and faster and commit to this, like a Stamkos does.

Agreed. I wonder how much impact that Olympic Vacation has had on some players.

leafstilldeath*

Last year Kadri made his line mates better because his line mates came to play. This year Lupul has been pretty CRAP and Carlyle keeps on messing the right wing on the line with Clarkson and Kuli switch.

Stick to:

Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin

Give them line more time together and that line will start producing.

Lupul better show up!

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Kadri has played indifferent at times this year, last night in the biggest game of the season he looked flat.

Which leads me to speculate, you have to wonder if the trade rumours are starting to get to him. His heart didn't seem to be into the game last night for a Montreal - Toronto game.

If he is still a Leaf past Wednesday's deadline, he should play better knowing he will be a Leaf for the rest of the year. It's part of being a pro, but it can't be easy hearing your name mentioned in trade rumours.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
If I had to pick one, I pick this guy.

Kadri35783578.gif

kadri_dangle.gif

NazemKadriHatTrickAllThree.gif

:yo: He is so dirty. You can't teach that skill, some just have it. Our only centre capable of it.
Brought over from another thread.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005

Things to work on.

-face offs
-fitness
-skating with Underhill

That's a long list for a not all in guy like Kadri.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad