Nazem Kadri - Part 3

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
One word responses like Right, Yes, are considered Spam.

Talking about posters is Off Topic.

Flaming posters can result in infractions.

Anyone continuing with these posts will be banned from the thread.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Kadri >> Bozak. Let's not get stupid.

Bozak is a good complimentary player though. Kadri can make things happen. Bozak will never be as talented as Kadri. Kadri can be as good as Bozak on defense though.

It easy to teach defense, it's impossible to teach talent.

It would be nice to see Kadri out there on the PK as the center.

With McClement there is almost no threat of shorthanded goals.

Kadri and Kulemin out to kill would be worth watching, Kulemin should be able to get his face-offs back into the 40's. A couple seasons he was pretty good at it, but like Kadri you have to work on it. Kadri should be the prime center there, Kulemin on the draw if Kadri gets tossed.

Kadri is more likely to draw an even up penalty as well.

mikebel111*

Kadri will keep improving.
Since when is a 24 year old going to stop developing or wont anymore?
What a terrible assumption!

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Kadri >> Bozak. Let's not get stupid.

Bozak is a good complimentary player though. Kadri can make things happen. Bozak will never be as talented as Kadri. Kadri can be as good as Bozak on defense though.

It easy to teach defense, it's impossible to teach talent.

But can you teach chemistry? :sarcasm:

Bozak and Kessel were made for each other, Kadri and Kessel were bad for 10 games together so for the next 10 years those 2 shall never step on the same ice at the same time.:naughty:

mikebel111*

The bottom line here is not any other player, it is Kadri.

Kadri made wingers last year better, for whatever reason whether it is tougher competition or the learning curve he hasn't been as good as this, this year.

I think it is very reasonable to think he played over his head last season, where he knocked it out of the park. He virtually went from a non factor to a projected 75 point pace + player overnight.

Maybe we need to temper our expectations, it is probably unfair to expect Kadri to match last year's pace. There are not many Center's that can put up 75 points a year and be a plus player. Case in point Take a look around the league.

The Kadri we are seeing now, if he tightens up is more likely the player we are seeing. I would like him to cut 10 points off per season like a Mike Richards did, to be better defensively. It's not all about points people. Team is greater than player.

For now, Kadri has to get his wingers going, this is the job of a Center, if he can we will be a far better team than we are now. If he can he is where he belongs as our team's #2C. If he can't get Lupul and Clarkson going, knowing Carlyle when Bolland is back to NHL speed, he will be tried there. The ball is in Kadri's hands.

This is the kadri we will see? 24 year olds dont stop developing
Things dont work that way
I am sorry

mikebel111*

And to people saying no one said that holland will replace kadri
Might want to check again when kadri was slumping
There were many posts like that

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
And to people saying no one said that holland will replace kadri
Might want to check again when kadri was slumping
There were many posts like that

If Holland were able to play well and Bolland was able to come back to be a significant center, Kadri could be expendable.

Isn't that reasonable?

I'd do Kadri and ++ for someone like OEL.

They are just assets.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
If Holland were able to play well and Bolland was able to come back to be a significant center, Kadri could be expendable.

Isn't that reasonable?

They are just assets.

So would I but you aren't getting OEL without adding Rielly as part of the ++. Maybe even more, Yotes value him very highly and rightfully so.

mikebel111*

Isn't that reasonable?

They are just assets.

No its not. The kid put up 44 points last season in 48 games.
U dont make people expendable because a shiny toy shows sonething for 15 games
Bad managment if u ask me.

Lets say percy plays well for 15 games
Time to trade rielly?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
No its not. The kid put up 44 points last season in 48 games.
U dont make people expendable because a shiny toy shows sonething for 15 games
Bad managment if u ask me.

Lets say percy plays well for 15 games
Time to trade rielly?

What is the return?

I'd take many players in a return for Rielly.

I'd love to see, again, another Cup win and I don't care who is on the team to do that. I've watched all the players for the last 4 decades with no Cups. I'd trade everyone on the team for that next Cup.

TheVision

Sep 18, 2011

Isn't that reasonable?

They are just assets.

It is reasonable Ulf.....Wayne Gretzky was traded...ANYBODY can be moved for the right return.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
OEL would be amazing here but keep in mind he has legitimate franchise d-man upside. Hell, he's arguably a top 5 defenseman in the NHL right now. For instance, I'd take him over Subban quite easily and he's definitely in the same tier as a guy like Piets.

He's one of the few guys I'd be willing to move Kadri and Rielly for in a package. We might have to add to that. Probably unrealistic, Yotes won't move him in a deal that makes sense from our end.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Kadri has been every bit as good at ages 22-23 as Kessel was.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
What is the return?

I'd take many players in a return for Rielly.

I'd love to see, again, another Cup win and I don't care who is on the team to do that. I've watched all the players for the last 4 decades with no Cups. I'd trade everyone on the team for that next Cup.

So would I, but many fans see Kadri and Rielly as core pieces that will get us that cup. We've all seen the last several cup champs have soo many developed plays on their rosters playing a critical part, what's the point of developing a Kadri just to trade him without realizing his potential.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
So would I, but many fans see Kadri and Rielly as core pieces that will get us that cup. We've all seen the last several cup champs have soo many developed plays on their rosters playing a critical part, what's the point of developing a Kadri just to trade him without realizing his potential.

I'd be perfectly happy to see Kadri become a superstar on another team if it meant the Leafs won the Cup with the assets from the deal.

Want an example?

Iginla for Nieuwendyk.

Think the Stars would give back their Cup so they could have Iginla's personal stats under their banner?

TheVision

Sep 18, 2011

But again, you'd only be trading a guy like Kadri for an upgrade. It doesn't matter how long he's been developing in the system, it really depends on the return doesn't it? And until it does happen, that return can only be speculated upon.

Yes, it's very nice to have a prospect developed properly in house for a change. But that's not reason enough to NOT move him if the right return is presented right?

leafstilldeath*

I'd be perfectly happy to see Kadri become a superstar on another team if it meant the Leafs won the Cup with the assets from the deal.

Want an example?

Iginla for Nieuwendyk.

Think the Stars would give back their Cup so they could have Iginla's personal stats under their banner?

Kadri isn't going to fetch a player of the same caliber as Iginla or Nieuwendyk. At least not yet.

This team will not win a cup with Bozo as a 1C, Dion as 1D (without a defnesive D partner) and a few heart and soul players. Dont know what the hell is going on with Clarkson, he has started to piss me off. If Kessel is shut down in the playoffs (its possible hell even Crosby went with 0 points against Bruins) that leaves JVR and Bozo to do some damage. JVR may up his game as he always does in playoffs but not expecting Bozo to bring in the offensive game.

Need a skilled top 6C, a defnesive D, and some sandpaper to win the cup. I have faith in Bernier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad