Nazem Kadri is evolving into a solid two way C

Scarbarian*

Funny saying this and I never thought Kadri would ever become a very good defensive player but this season, he has been a massive surprise, he is playing better defensively than he is offensively.

By far the most complete Leafs forward on the ice for the past 15 games.

Note: let this be known that Defense can be easily taught with some patient and right coaching etc but the offensive insticts are natural.

I feel for teams who strangely draft some player with just a strong defensive game with limited offense in the 1st round.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Still Gagner 2.0 :sarcasm:

I remember arguing with people saying he won't be anything more than a 40-50 point floater, or Gagner 2.0. Kadri now just needs to work on his consistency and he would be a great 2c.

waingr0

May 14, 2010
Leafs have two #1Ds, a #1C, and a solid two way C. But are still mediocre somehow.

Scarbarian*

That's because there entire first line is one of the worst defensive lines in the league. And aside from Phaneuf and Rielly, no one stands out defensively.

Bernier is a legit #1 G tho.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
He saved a goal in yesterday's game and was really strong in the dot. Was hard to evaluate much else because as a team the Leaf's defense was atrocious.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Yeah, he's played good.. but is infamous for struggling for consistency, lets wait for him to do this for a full season -- until we call him a good 2-way C.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
He saved a goal in yesterday's game and was really strong in the dot. Was hard to evaluate much else because as a team the Leaf's defense was atrocious.

No doubt, I'm not lying when I say that was one of our weaker games this season though -- either that or the wings forwards are able to slow down time and that's why they walked around our defenders like it was nobody's business. The Leafs didn't deserve a point, let alone two. Can't see the same happening on Saturday, may just throw some money down for that game..

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
That's because there entire first line is one of the worst defensive lines in the league. And aside from Phaneuf and Rielly, no one stands out defensively.

Bernier is a legit #1 G tho.

So is Reimer, Reimer is definitely top 30 goalie in the league

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Funny saying this and I never thought Kadri would ever become a very good defensive player but this season, he has been a massive surprise, he is playing better defensively than he is offensively.

By far the most complete Leafs forward on the ice for the past 15 games.

Note: let this be known that Defense can be easily taught with some patient and right coaching etc but the offensive insticts are natural.

I feel for teams who strangely draft some player with just a strong defensive game with limited offense in the 1st round.

Really enjoying his commitment to improving his overall game. I think he could be a solid 2C on the Leafs for awhile.

OT serious question to the OP: Is Toronto your "second team"? I only ask cause I recall a few threads now where you have discussed Leafs players and it seems you watch alot of the games?

being a fan of Boston and Toronto seems like an odd combination. :laugh:

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto
Really enjoying his commitment to improving his overall game. I think he could be a solid 2C on the Leafs for awhile.

OT serious question to the OP: Is Toronto your "second team"? I only ask cause I recall a few threads now where you have discussed Leafs players and it seems you watch alot of the games?

being a fan of Boston and Toronto seems like an odd combination. :laugh:

I'm pretty sure he's a Toronto fan dressed as a Bruins fan, lol.

I am pretty pleased with the way Kadri is developing though. I think he will be a much more useful centre then Bozak.

Ralphy*

Leafs have two #1Ds, a #1C, and a solid two way C. But are still mediocre somehow.

People always say this kind of thing about the leafs implying any of us actually think this. It's hilarious.

We have one #1D in Phaneuf, but he's a low-end #1, in 20-30 range.

Simply put, we don't even have a really good #2D, never mind a second #1...

Bozak has played like a #1C this year, but it remains to be seen if he truly is one. If he is, he's in the mid-low range, but this year he's been in the top half of #1Cs so far.

Kadri has been a solid two-way center so far this year, and a good 2C in the last two years. We will see how he continues to progress.

Please stop making silly statements like this.

MastuhNinks

Apr 30, 2011
The Iron Throne
People always say this kind of thing about the leafs implying any of us actually think this. It's hilarious.

We have one #1D in Phaneuf, but he's a low-end #1, in 20-30 range.

Simply put, we don't even have a really good #2D, never mind a second #1...

Bozak has played like a #1C this year, but it remains to be seen if he truly is one. If he is, he's in the mid-low range, but this year he's been in the top half of #1Cs so far.

Kadri has been a solid two-way center so far this year, and a good 2C in the last two years. We will see how he continues to progress.

Please stop making silly statements like this.
The thing you have to remember is, to irrational and immature people, the statement of one Toronto Maple Leafs fan represents the entire massive fanbase. So all it takes is one fan to call Cody Franson a #1D or Tyler Bozak a bonafide #1 or something and that's e-ammunition against the evil Leafs fanbase that needs to be struck down.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

Personally I think we have a low end #1D in Phaneuf and no #2 or #3. Franson, Rielly, Gardiner all #4 D, Polak and Robidas bottom pairing.

I also don't think Bozak is a #1 C. He isn't that great defensively, doesn't drive plays offensively. He's more of a #2C playing passenger to Kessel and JVR.

Kadri on the other hand has been outstanding. Strong two-way game, great offensive instincts and if it weren't for his bad puck luck through the first 10 games of the season he'd be up near PPG right now and be considered a #1 C.

Mighty Chin

Dec 13, 2013
Personally I thought he looked great against Vancouver. That was the first time I noticed him in the dozen games I've watched this season.

Shwaguy*

He has like 15 points in the last 19 games playing #2 C so the production is starting to pick up too.

If he could fill his potential and become a 65-70 Point Center with Good 2way play I would be sooooooo happy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad