Nazem Kadri Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

jughead42*

You are positive that he is a bust. So why then have the Leafs not traded him? They certainly have had plenty of offers. Your problem is that you seem so hell bent on trashing him no matter what the case; you lack any credibility. It would be nice to see you offer a realistic perspective. Again, the Leafs haven't traded him away and we should assume they are a better judge of talent then you.

Did the Leafs trade Jeff Finger? End of debate, sorry to make you look silly.:p:

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Did the Leafs trade Jeff Finger? End of debate, sorry to make you look silly.:p:

Whaaaaat???
Oh man, so not even close. That is the one of the most absurd comparisons I have heard. Jeff Finger drafted 240th overall who didn't play a game in the NHL until he was 26? Oh geez, yeah I look really silly. You claim Kadri is 100% another Shremp and yet the leafs likely could have unloaded him for Kyle Turris last year. Plus how were the Leafs supposed to trade finger after he totally underperformed after signing with them for a fat contract. Yer brutal.

Rob11

Nov 9, 2012
I voted no.

Few reasons.

1 - I don't think this organization even wants him to succeed. Certainly, the way he was treated under the Burke regime, was appalling. Coaches publicly talking about his defensive game being poor, or talking about his fitness, or GMs talking about how he wasn't going to be a top 3 forward, etc.

I just don't think the organization has really ever wanted this guy to succeed.

2 - The abundance of middle-6 forwards this team has. Kadri fits into that category of guys that can play on the second/third line. As a pure numbers game, I don't think Kadri fits here.

3 - He has trade value. He's still going to be a very good NHL player in this league. There's no doubt about that. That sort of talent, with those hands, there will be a home for him. He's got value, and that's why I think he will be involved in a trade for a decent asset somewhere down the line.

So your telling us that the leafs used a first round draft pick to draft a guy they don't want to ever make their hockey team..

you gotta be kidding me.

K19*

Here is what I would do:

Trade MacArthur before the season starts for the best possible pick/prospect you can get. Give that roster spot to Kadri.

You get a future for an expiring that you have no intention of re-signing, and you see what you have in Kadri. If he performs well, then you've helped him develop. If he performs poorly, then at least you know what you have in him and the team was probably slightly worse as a result, which nets a higher draft pick.

It makes so much sense that I'm convinced it won't happen.

jughead42*

:help: What?

You are comparing the Leafs not trading Kadri to the Leafs not trading Jeff Finger?

Yes. Somebody said that the Leafs never traded Kadri, so that means he must be good because they are keeping him. The leafs also did not trade Jeff Finger, so does that mean he is also good and they must keep him? More likely it means we haven't traded them because nobody wants them. I didn't know I needed to connect the dots for people around here to understand a comparison.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I voted no.

Few reasons.

1 - I don't think this organization even wants him to succeed. Certainly, the way he was treated under the Burke regime, was appalling. Coaches publicly talking about his defensive game being poor, or talking about his fitness

So you think that he shouldn't be held accountable for his lack of preparation of for aspects of his game or conditioning that aren't up to snuff? Coaches have publicly talked about players shortcomings or conditioning issues for decades. Why should Kadri be exempt from this? Beause Don Cherry says so?

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Hey, what's the food like in Fantasy Land?

Where do guys like you come from? What you think i just made that up? There was alot of talk about it last year with Dreger, Eklund and others. Word was that the leafs wouldn't do the trade. Try to do your homework bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad