Nazem Kadri Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heista18*

Will Nazem Kadri have a future with the Leafs?

Kadri is a genius, with an INDIVIDUAL personality. Burke and Nonis seem to have given him quite a hard time pretty much from the moment he arrived on the scene. Both of them like players that are complete yes men and company men. Kadri marches to a bit of a different beat. From what I've heard, he likes cigars, good food. Heck, all the **** most successful people like.

He is not a natural washboard stomach, and doesn't fret about it. Burke, Nonis and Eakins want flat stomached guys with a great attitude towards fitness. That side of Naz seems to have turned a corner.

So ask yourselves a question. If he was so hopeless would Gary Roberts take him on? No way. The Kid's got something but the question I'm asking is simple:

Do you believe Nazem Kadri has a future with the Toronto Maple Leafs?

This is classic Leaf organization, ruining a prospect. Look at what they did to Schenn. Its happening again, in a different way. This is an organization that is horrible, and has been horrible, for 40 years, at DEVELOPMENT.

Last edited by a moderator:

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
I love Kadri but honestly at this point I could see him traded for Luongo especially if his training camp isn't good enough to put him on the top 6 or at least 3rd line. I do think they will take a look at him in camp before making their decision though.

Heista18*

This applies to 90% of the OHL :laugh:

Yeah, I don't mind it personally but I guess the difference is he's actually going to make the show, unlike the majority of OHL'ers. I'm not sure at all about cigar intake in the NHL, if it's common or not. I'm sure much more so in the off-season for a lot of guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
He is not going anywhere, he has good marketing potential, being a visible minority. Rogers and Bell thrive on that sort of marketing.

With all the changes happening recently, anything is possible so its too early to judge.

Polk High

Sep 9, 2009
I'd like to see him get a chance to play a full season to work through any issues he may have. It may be with the Leafs or another team but my curiousness would like to know what the kid can bring given the chance.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
New lease on life.

The only problem is fitting him in with a large power forward.Can we have both him and Kessel on the same team? But as of today,he has a new lease.

Kadri and Gardiner for Luongo ROFL!

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I voted no.

Few reasons.

1 - I don't think this organization even wants him to succeed. Certainly, the way he was treated under the Burke regime, was appalling. Coaches publicly talking about his defensive game being poor, or talking about his fitness, or GMs talking about how he wasn't going to be a top 3 forward, etc.

I just don't think the organization has really ever wanted this guy to succeed.

2 - The abundance of middle-6 forwards this team has. Kadri fits into that category of guys that can play on the second/third line. As a pure numbers game, I don't think Kadri fits here.

3 - He has trade value. He's still going to be a very good NHL player in this league. There's no doubt about that. That sort of talent, with those hands, there will be a home for him. He's got value, and that's why I think he will be involved in a trade for a decent asset somewhere down the line.

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
How forgetful some fans are... 3 years ago Grabovski was seen as next to useless. Then he put it together the following season and suddenly he's our only legitimate top 6 center. Kadri has just as much skill as Grabovski and will likely be a 60~ point player in the NHL someday. Something like a Ribeiro type player.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Dont get the part where the club doesnt want him to succeed.

Why would Burke, Nonis, etc want him to fail when they drafted him, and have constantly raved about his offensive gifts?

Wilson was an idiot who clearly didnt like kadri, but Eakins loves naz, and Carlyle seems to be neutral

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
If Kadri has a good camp, I think he cements his position in the top 6 for the entire season, and other bodies are moved out. If he disappoints in camp, then I can see him being traded for Luongo. I don't think Nonis is stupid enough to make a trade before he sees what he has.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
If Kadri has a good camp, I think he cements his position in the top 6 for the entire season, and other bodies are moved out. If he disappoints in camp, then I can see him being traded for Luongo. I don't think Nonis is stupid enough to make a trade before he sees what he has.

I'm sure Nonis has a pretty good idea what he has. He's been playing for 3 months down the road.

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
I'm sure Nonis has a pretty good idea what he has. He's been playing for 3 months down the road.

If we're using AHL production to judge, then Kadri is unquestionably a blue chipper who has earned a spot on the roster. He's producing at the same pace as Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Brayden Schenn, Nino Niederreiter, Brett Connolly, Gustav Nyquist, and Mikael Granlund. And on a BETTER pace than Mika Zibanejad, Jacob Silfverberg, Sean Couturier, Charlie Coyle, Zach Kassian, Magnus Paajarvi, Jaden Schwartz, and Sven Baertschi.

I'm sure they need to see him at NHL camp however to make a proper assessment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad