Nazem Kadri Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

jughead42*

Listen to all the excuses: Wilson didn't like him, Burke didn't like him, he wasn't given enough of a chance, his linemates don't have the right zodiac signs to properly take advantage of his positive chi. It's all horse crap. The kid has had every opportunity to make this team and stick. If he showed any ability to be an effective player he would have been on the club last year. The problem is no coach, wilson, carlyle or scotty bowman, is going to give a kid big minutes when he's a liability on the ice. That is Nazem, he is a liability to his team when he's on the ice. He is a player that puts you behind, forcing your real players to play catch up for him. I can't wait to see him flounder yet again, and see the whole new wave of excuses for this turd. "oh, he didn't have a training camp to develop chemistry" should be a big one, although I'm banking on "He's still suffering from injury x which has slowed down his development for the last 6 years" to be the number one excuse for his failure. Lace em up boys, time for the yearly Kadri reality check.

Apr 1, 2010
Points, schmoints, as we say in bridge.

Do I have to list all the AHL wonders who never made an impact in the NHL?

ISn't Aucoin 10th in alltime AHL scoring or something?

Kadri would have been up in the NHL execpt for an injury last year and the now gone 6 and 6 philosophy the year before.

Kadri is good enough to play a regular shift in the NHL.

IMO he should have been on our 3rd line the past two years.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
(...) His personality reminds me of burke's, outspoken, confident, and his drive to be the best nhl player he can be for the Leafs. He deserves a future with the Leafs, and he will flourish in the NHL. His talent was never a question and it never will be.

That explains a lot: two alpha personalities.

Now that Burkie's gone...

Not a chance, Nonis has said he will only trade youth for youth....
Nonis wouldn't start off his tenure as a liar.

:laugh:

He learned from a master, his mentor...

Last edited by a moderator:

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
I've spent the last couple days browsing many of the other team boards on the this site, scouting information for my fantasy team. You know what I noticed?... Not a single fan-base has a thread like this, with so many people bashing their top prospects. Not one. Even fans of teams that suck more than us, with a much barer cupboard, and prospects not as good as Kadri are largely supportive and you could say very homer. You only see this sort of **** on the Leafs board, and I'm sick of it.

I am honestly stupified, and I wonder why. Why is it only our fan-base seems to be in constant internal argument and constantly ******** on our players, especially the young ones.

Apr 1, 2010
I've spent the last couple days browsing many of the other team boards on the this site, scouting information for my fantasy team. You know what I noticed?... Not a single fan-base has a thread like this, with so many people bashing their top prospects. Not one. Even fans of teams that suck more than us, with a much barer cupboard, and prospects not as good as Kadri are largely supportive and you could say very homer. You only see this sort of **** on the Leafs board, and I'm sick of it.

I am honestly stupified, and I wonder why. Why is it only our fan-base seems to be in constant internal argument and constantly ******** on our players, especially the young ones.

Because there are 5million hockey experts in the GTA. Some can see the positive and some are insane....:sarcasm:

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto

I agree. This is why Toronto is voted with the worst fan base.

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Yes, please give me a list of at least 3 players who have played at a ppg pace in the AHL by the age of 22 and gone on to be complete busts in the NHL.

:huh:

Where did I ever say that he will be a complete bust???

All I'm arguing is that using his production in the AHL as an argument and/or measuring stick is simply wrong.

That said, a few names:

Jin Paterson
Fred Speck (was 23)
Randy Rota
Fred Harvey
Terry Caffery
Pete Laframboise
Tony Featherstone (was 23)
Phil Hoene (was 23)
Steve West
Larry Fullan (was 23)
Doug Gibson
Tom Cassidy
Pierre Laganière
Jerry Holland
Tom Colley
Don Howse
André Péloffy
Ron Andruff
Greg Holst
Rick Adduono

And that's jusy from the first 10 seasons following expansion...

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
The edit button is also your friend. Why do you always triple and quadruple post? Especially when it's usually such a small statement. I feel like you'd have 1/3 of your current posts if you kept everything in one message.

If your edit privileges are permanently removed then my apologies.

I also learned from a master who is no longer with us (at least temporarily). :blush:

That said, it's a good idea. I'll try to edit some of today posts.

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc

Leafs fans are honest (at least some of them)... ;)

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Yes, please give me a list of at least 3 players who have played at a ppg pace in the AHL by the age of 22 and gone on to be complete busts in the NHL.

Chris Bourque

48 game season..put Kadri on the 3rd line and see what he can do. He's always had the axe hanging over his head, maybe with BB and Wilson gone, Kadri can just have fun playing. I wouldn't give up on him just yet.

jughead42*

Rob Schremp
Peter Sarno
Jason Bonsignore
Rico Fata

I could go on and on, but what is the point? The number of young players who lit up the AHL but couldn't do the same in the NHL is a long one. If you want to see for yourself, just go to the AHL website and check the scoring leaders. Switch it to rookie scoring leaders and then use the dropdown menu to go back several years. You'll see the odd player who is a quality NHL player on those lists, and those are in general the guys who didn't stick around the AHL long. For every one of them, there's dozens of guys on those lists who've never established themselves as NHL players. You're kidding yourself if you think Kadri's MODERATE success at the AHL level, which seems to come in spurts at best, is some sort of indicator of his future ability in the NHL. It means nothing. Can't wait for the season to start, I think finally this will be the year that people finally come to grips with what they're drooling over down there on the farm. With no Burke or Wilson to blame for his place in the minors it will be interesting to see what happens.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Rob Schremp
Peter Sarno
Jason Bonsignore
Rico Fata

I could go on and on, but what is the point? The number of young players who lit up the AHL but couldn't do the same in the NHL is a long one. If you want to see for yourself, just go to the AHL website and check the scoring leaders. Switch it to rookie scoring leaders and then use the dropdown menu to go back several years. You'll see the odd player who is a quality NHL player on those lists, and those are in general the guys who didn't stick around the AHL long. For every one of them, there's dozens of guys on those lists who've never established themselves as NHL players. You're kidding yourself if you think Kadri's MODERATE success at the AHL level, which seems to come in spurts at best, is some sort of indicator of his future ability in the NHL. It means nothing. Can't wait for the season to start, I think finally this will be the year that people finally come to grips with what they're drooling over down there on the farm. With no Burke or Wilson to blame for his place in the minors it will be interesting to see what happens.
You are positive that he is a bust. So why then have the Leafs not traded him? They certainly have had plenty of offers. Your problem is that you seem so hell bent on trashing him no matter what the case; you lack any credibility. It would be nice to see you offer a realistic perspective. Again, the Leafs haven't traded him away and we should assume they are a better judge of talent then you.

mikebel111*

You are positive that he is a bust. So why then have the Leafs not traded him? They certainly have had plenty of offers. Your problem is that you seem so hell bent on trashing him no matter what the case; you lack any credibility. It would be nice to see you offer a realistic perspective. Again, the Leafs haven't traded him away and we should assume they are a better judge of talent then you.

post of the week :handclap:

the hate this kid gets is beyond stupid

Anth93

Jul 2, 2012
Remember when Eakins said "When Kadri gets the puck in the offensive zone, he's probably the most dangerous player in the league" ?

His future is right here with us in a top 6 role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad