Value of: Naz Kadri (after being run out of town)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Kadri has been a polarizing player for a long time. He actually overcame his issues and his detractors...until Thursday. I'm afraid he just poked the bear (not the Bruins) though. A lot of Leaf fans won't forgive him for what he did. I don't know how well TOR's MGMT will like the latest fiasco.

Edit- Despite how I feel, I want to know what fans of other teams think. Does this affect his trade value? Would other teams risk trading for him?

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Leafs beat the Bruins three times this year WITHOUT Matthews in the lineup. If they lose the series, it can't all be pinned at Kadri. This team is fully capable of winning the series when missing a good player, because heck, they did it when they were missing their best player this season.

Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Rielly, Gardiner, Andersen, and JVR can all break a game wide open, plus we have solid depth after that. The game the other night was the first game since March 2017 that the Leafs lost by 4 or more goals, that's over a year since we've had a loss that bad. Our team is fully capable of playing much better hockey than what we saw the other day, and hopefully we'll see that tonight.

Dumb play by Kadri, but there's a bit too much sky is falling mentality among some Leafs fans.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
IF Toronto gets swept...and IF it's blamed largely on Kadri for missing three games after cost his team a chance to win the 1st...and IF Toronto becomes receptive to moving him in anticipation of their upcoming contracts...he'd be an ideal target in STL. You could probably have your pick of young guys on ELC deals or in the pipeline, aside from Robert Thomas.

The return Toronto would be looking for rhymes with Barayko.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
It goes beyond the one play, though. That's why I said "plays". This is not Kadri's first rodeo. He has more games lost to discipline than Marchand to the same point in their careers.

Kadri is a rat. Leafs fans support him. Therefore Leafs fans support a rat.

Do Bruins fans support Marchand? Did Pens fans support Neal? Did Canucks fans support Burrows?

It's called being a fan and we support the players on the team we love. Every teams fans do the same and you're delusional or just being a troll if you think otherwise.

Feb 24, 2017
His value is significantly lowered by the stupidity quotient. He is worth more to the leafs than anyone would risk giving up for that timebomb. You’re stuck with him.

Reactions: Moon Man

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
Leafs beat the Bruins three times this year WITHOUT Matthews in the lineup. If they lose the series, it can't all be pinned at Kadri. This team is fully capable of winning the series when missing a good player, because heck, they did it when they were missing their best player this season.

Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Rielly, Gardiner, Andersen, and JVR can all break a game wide open, plus we have solid depth after that. The game the other night was the first game since March 2017 that the Leafs lost by 4 or more goals, that's over a year since we've had a loss that bad. Our team is fully capable of playing much better hockey than what we saw the other day, and hopefully we'll see that tonight.

Dumb play by Kadri, but there's a bit too much sky is falling mentality among some Leafs fans.
I have read this several times by different posters. If Toronto can only beat Boston when Matthews isn't playing then they should pull him. They don't seem to be able to beat them when he plays.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
I know this is a hot button moment for Leaf Fans, but if this playoff series with Boston goes south opinions of him might change. He will most certainly be blamed by the fans for going over the line and hurting his team.

Now I know he is not at the Evander Kane level of reputation, but he certainly comes with caution now.

He is a talented center, but his edge gets him in a lot of trouble.

What is he worth? Would your team cautiously trade for him at full value?

The Maple Leafs are ahead of schedule in their rebuild, losing to the Bruins who many have going to the Finals means little. I still think the Leafs have a decent shot in the series

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Kadri has been a polarizing player for a long time. He actually overcame his issues and his detractors...until Thursday. I'm afraid he just poked the bear (not the Bruins) though. A lot of Leaf fans won't forgive him for what he did. I don't know how well TOR's MGMT will like the latest fiasco.

Edit- Despite how I feel, I want to know what fans of other teams think. Does this affect his trade value? Would other teams risk trading for him?

I think you're in the minority my friend. I've been reading the threads in the Leafs board and although most think Kadri's play was stupid, there isn't many fans willing to turn the page on the guy for one hit. He's a fan favourite and will be until he's on another team.

Reactions: Pocket Hercules

Apathetic

Oct 29, 2010
Downtown
Wouldn't take him on my team for free, would have to be for another negative value asset ala Lucic.

Toronto fans can laugh but he cost them their season. Don't get me wrong, he can be a great player but he will be single-handedly responsible for them being eliminated in the playoffs and in short order. They have such amazing players on ELC's for a short while and Kadri just wasted one of those years. Inexcusable.

Reactions: Moon Man

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
As anyone can tell from this thread, Leafs fans love gutless plays like that so he's probably even less available than before. If he lands a Stone Cold Stunner on someone like Acciari next game he will have McDavid-level value to the city of Toronto.

As anyone can tell from your posts, you have too much time on your hands and have an irrational hostility to the TML. If you land on another forum you value will spike dramatically, until they catch on to you.

:laugh:

Nothing says courage like slandering people you have never met from the safety of your keyboard. Only the sharpest people stereotype entire fan bases.

You can value a player and not love everything they have ever done. I suppose everyone in your world is perfect. Must be nice.

Feb 24, 2017
Wouldn't take him on my team for free, would have to be for another negative value asset ala Lucic.

Toronto fans can laugh but he cost them their season. Don't get me wrong, he can be a great player but he will be single-handedly responsible for them being eliminated in the playoffs and in short order. They have such amazing players on ELC's for a short while and Kadri just wasted one of those years. Inexcusable.
He really did this. He took a giant steaming dump all over “the big 3”. He did “a big 2”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad