Value of: Naz Kadri (after being run out of town)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
As anyone can tell from this thread, Leafs fans love gutless plays like that so he's probably even less available than before. If he lands a Stone Cold Stunner on someone like Acciari next game he will have McDavid-level value to the city of Toronto.
this is the dumbest post on this thread. if mcdavid were to do the same thing, would oilers fans love gutless plays?

Reactions: Raymoondo

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
this is the dumbest post on this thread. if mcdavid were to do the same thing, would oilers fans love gutless plays?

It goes beyond the one play, though. That's why I said "plays". This is not Kadri's first rodeo. He has more games lost to discipline than Marchand to the same point in their careers.

Kadri is a rat. Leafs fans support him. Therefore Leafs fans support a rat.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Traditionally, I haven't totally loved Kadri's game, and ultimately, there may be a situation where the Leafs sign Tavares and Kadri becomes a casualty of that upgrade.

However, the hit he put on Wingels was not an issue at all. First of all, the sequence of events was basically Chara hitting Marner, and then Wingels coming in like a fake tough guy and elbowing Marner in the face. No harm done at that point, but it's clear there's an attrition game that Boston is playing. Plausible deniability, but there's the intent to f you up as part of the game plan. This is why guys seem to drop like flies when they play against the Bruins, as well as Bruins players themselves.

Kadri stepping in and wrecking Wingels I hope sends the message that the Leafs should be in it together and that liberties taken on our younger and more vulnerable stars won't be taken lightly.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
If Toronto loses due to Kadri not being in their lineup doesn’t that just mean he’s even more valuable than perceived. Lol. He’s a 39 goal scorer on a great deal. Sick hands. Agitates. Why would you deal that ?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It goes beyond the one play, though. That's why I said "plays". This is not Kadri's first rodeo. He has more games lost to discipline than Marchand to the same point in their careers.

The truth of the matter is hockey fans all love their own rats.

rethinking

Mar 4, 2013
As a Leaf fan, I don't blame Kadri quite as much as the ridiculously inconsistent George Parros who gives token fines quite often to multiple repeat offenders in the same season but chooses to crucify Kadri here in the playoffs. I think playoff game suspensions used to be considered double punishment?

I can understand how Kadri reacted to seeing Marner completely vulnerable after being hit by Chara receiving an elbow, misguided or not, to the head by Wingels who has his own history but I wish somehow he had been able to restrain himself.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
If Toronto loses due to Kadri not being in their lineup doesn’t that just mean he’s even more valuable than perceived. Lol. He’s a 39 goal scorer on a great deal. Sick hands. Agitates. Why would you deal that ?

I've already stated that in the OP. His edge has cost this team on more than one occasion. He cannot be trusted to help this team. He hurts this team.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yeah dont see the leafs moving this guy,maybe in the last year of his deal but now no way

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
...Wingels coming in like a fake tough guy and elbowing Marner in the face...

Kadri stepping in and wrecking Wingels I hope sends the message that the Leafs should be in it together and that liberties taken on our younger and more vulnerable stars won't be taken lightly.

No offense, but Kadri also "came in as a fake tough guy".

The message sent was "We can't handle the rough stuff".

This incident didn't increase Kadri's value, but rather decreased it.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
no way are we gonna trade him. who cares about what he did? leafs probably weren't gonna win the series anyways. his value would be at an all time low if he were to be traded and our C depth would be disgustingly bad without him. it'd be worse than the pre-matthews era
This is some really positive thinking right here.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
293901.jpg
293901.jpg
293901.jpg
293901.jpg
293901.jpg

heybuddyhowyadoing

heybuddyhowyadoing

heybuddyhowyadoing

@heybuddyhowyadoing

---------

Remember the name, guys.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
I know this is a hot button moment for Leaf Fans, but if this playoff series with Boston goes south opinions of him might change. He will most certainly be blamed by the fans for going over the line and hurting his team.

Now I know he is not at the Evander Kane level of reputation, but he certainly comes with caution now.

He is a talented center, but his edge gets him in a lot of trouble.

What is he worth? Would your team cautiously trade for him at full value?

I'm sorry, but this probably one of the dumbest posts that I've ever had the misfortune of reading on here, which is saying ALOT. You're the typical "the sky is falling!!!" Toronto Sun reading, knee jerk reacting Leaf fan that tarnishes the entire reputation of our fanbase. Sometimes, I don't blame other fans for thinking we're a bunch of idiots. Posts like the above certainly don't help.

P.S: If you still don't know why your post is stupid, stick around.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015

We support him as a player not a rat and many leafs fans don't support the choice he made and agree with his decision. If you weren't so stupidly biased you could see.

Reactions: Raymoondo

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I'm sorry, but this probably one of the dumbest posts that I've ever had the misfortune of reading on here, which is saying ALOT. You're the typical "the sky is falling!!!" Toronto Sun reading, knee jerk reacting Leaf fan that tarnishes the entire reputation of our fanbase. Sometimes, I don't blame other fans for thinking we're a bunch of idiots. Posts like the above certainly don't help.

P.S: If you still don't know why your post is stupid, stick around.

Your post is stupid because you didn't even indicate why you disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad