OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Summer 2022

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Not that im mad at #2 but the hawks won what, 21 more games than wiz? Lottery is a joke system. Just do it like nfl

Poor detroit though lolll

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia

2. Washington Wizards
Zaccharie Risacher
Bourg
SF

The Wizards' front office can afford to take a big swing at the top of the draft as they enter Year 2 of what figures to be a patient, long-term rebuild. Washington's roster remains fluid into the future, and they should be looking for the best talent available at this spot. Risacher's potential to space the floor, defend at a high level and develop into a quality starter on the wing presents an attractive mix of safety and upside at No. 2. Washington selected another Frenchman, Bilal Coulibaly, in last year's lottery, and will have an opportunity to keep that trend going, with at least one of Risacher and Sarr available to them here.

26. Washington Wizards (via LA Clippers)
Justin Edwards
Kentucky
SG/SF

Edwards did not have the season many expected at Kentucky but is still worthy of consideration in this area of the draft at 6-7 with some perimeter shooting acumen and upside to grow into after one season in college. The Wizards could look to bolster their wing depth, which would make Edwards a candidate to get drafted late in the first round.

Sep 19, 2008
Sarr or Risacher., can't go wrong

sadly it sounds they might have to tank again next season too to get flagg.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Didn't know that lotto was happening this early. Staying at #2 I'd consider a win. Lottery odds have to be modified this shit is ridiculous.

Not really a fan of Riscacher at all. Sarr or Clingan would definitely fit a need at center. Hasn't Clingan had some foot issues?

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Didn't know that lotto was happening this early. Staying at #2 I'd consider a win. Lottery odds have to be modified this shit is ridiculous.

Not really a fan of Riscacher at all. Sarr or Clingan would definitely fit a need at center. Hasn't Clingan had some foot issues?

Not impressed with Riscacher OR Clingan. Clingan is a big dude but appears to have no athleticism whatsoever. If I'm the Wizards its Sarr or nothing. With the #2 pick they have a lot of leverage to swing some kind of deal with Atlanta. Make it happen.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Admittedly I need to do a way more deep dive. Probably knee jerked Risacher a bit just because wondering if this was over positioning with Coolibaby. Watched several more video he is a way better shooter and a good defensive player.

Still prefer Sarr atm. Topic is more of a gamble. Could get in the lane at will where he played at and didn't need to shoot much. NBA is just at another athletic level defensive-wise.

Clingan, barring any injury concerns. I see that dude being one of those yeoman centers that have a decent career. Not flashy but will alter shots.

Didn't watch any UCONN games, and not sure if he is a PG which is a need, but Castle seems intriguing to me with his size and hesitation drives to the basket.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I've actually been pretty engaged in watching/researching this draft class (and next year's). Here's my very amateur, and probably wrong, analysis on a few guys:

Sarr - I think you run to the podium if Atlanta passes on him. He moves like a wing and doesn't have the curse of heavy feet that a lot of big men have. If he never develops an outside game and the 7'1" is legit, he's got Rudy Gobert upside. If he does develop an outside game and the length is legit? I think he'll ultimately slot in between Chet and Wemby, and he'd be as good of a Wemby neutralizer as anyone in the league has. The downside is basically Daniel Gafford.

Risacher - Looks like a smooth athlete 3&D wing with excellent length. Can he develop the shot creation to be anything more? If yes, the upside feels like a Pascal Siakem-type player, with less rebounding. More realistic projection would be a Herbert Jones or OG Anunoby. The lack of peripheral production scares me. He'd feel pretty redundant with Bilal.

Clingan - He's a taller Walker Kessler. Old school player who will probably be in the league for 15 years as a useful rotational rim portector/rebounder. Doubt he can defend on the perimeter, which really neuters his value in the modern league. Pass.

Topic - Luka-lite. Excels at facilitation, creation, and getting to the rim. I'm not worried about the 3 point shooting given his FT %. Supposedly the wingspan is 6'6", so he'll always have to be shielded defensively. Worth a shot at the upside.

Sheppard - Does everything well. Elite-to-generational feel for the game. As good of an off-ball defender as you'll ever see in a guard prospect. His athletic testing (if he does any) and his measurements will go a long way in determining his stock. I could see him go anywhere from 1st to out of the lottery. Is he closer to Payton Pritchard or to Steph Curry? Wouldn't be upset.

I think others to watch for the Wizards' pick are Ron Holland, Cody Williams, Rob Dillingham, Matas Buzelis, Stephon Castle, and Isaiah Collier. Really, really wide open.

Bub Carrington is my current favorite for the second 1st rounder.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
If they can't get Sarr, I'm really liking Matas Buzelis of the remaining field. One of the most athletic white guys I've ever seen, and a perimeter shot to die for. Larry Bird-ish vibes, only ten times more athletic. Could be a star in the right setting.

Also, Ron Holland looks pretty impressive.

Last edited:
Reactions: VaCaps Fan

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
If they can't get Sarr, I'm really liking Matas Buzelis of the remaining field. One of the most athletic white guys I've ever seen, and a perimeter shot to die for. Larry Bird-ish vibes, only ten times more athletic. Could be a star in the right setting.

Also, Ron Holland looks pretty impressive.
Buzelis looks like he should be a good shooter, but the numbers don't reflect it. Not sure what to make of him. Maybe it was that terrible Ignite team hurting his numbers?

Holland is definitely a guy that might be rocketing up the draft boards. Elite penetrator with burgeoning shot creation who gets to the foul line a lot, fills up the box score, measured well, and is young for the class. If there's any projection of him as a guard/primary ballhandler & shot creator, he should be in contention for 1st OA.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Yeah, I'd have them ranked 1. Sarr, 2. Holland, 3. Buzelis from a Wizard's perspective. Sheppard, Castle, and Dillingham also look impressive, but we're talking about the #2 pick here. Those guys appear to be in the 5 - 10 range.

Would not be unhappy with a Ron Holland pick. Not unhappy at all.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Not sure how reliable these guys are, but: NBA Draft Lottery Intel: What’s next for each team?

The Washington Wizards hold the No. 2 and 26 picks in the first round and will look to acquire another first-round pick in the draft, league sources told HoopsHype.

Lastly, after drawing significant interest ahead of the trade deadline, including a near deal that sent him to the Dallas Mavericks, Wizards forward Kyle Kuzma is expected to be coveted again on the trade market by rival teams heading into the draft, league sources said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad