OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Spring-Summer 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Beal rips Bazemore after scoring chase remark

"Forty-nine points in 29 minutes, though, that's unreal," Bazemore said, referring to Curry's output in a win over the visiting Oklahoma City Thunder on Saturday night. "Then we got guys hurting hamstrings, trying to keep up. So, ya'll gotta do some research on that.""

Beal, who missed Monday's game and will also be out Wednesday because of the hamstring injury, took exception to Bazemore's apparent dig and voiced his frustration in a series of tweets.

"You don't know why I go out there and play and it damn sure ain't for another man's approval!!!" Beal wrote in a tweet directed at Bazemore. "You a straight LAME!!!"

He continued, "it's funny you say that because ya mans admittedly checked my numbers before the game, but IM CHASING!!!"

Beal concluded his Twitter thread with a GIF of a clown.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Unless the graphic on both the Hawks and Wizards feeds was wrong, they had one time out left. You could probably blame Brooks for much of it but yeah, they definitely had a chance to set up a play and chose a really low percentage play instead.

shit play if we did have a time out left. Ouch

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
shit play if we did have a time out left. Ouch
Yeah... I thought maybe the Wizards feed was wrong so I watched the last play on the Hawks feed and it also showed one time out left. I imagine at the timeout prior to that Brooks just gave Westbrook the “go” play if they forced a turnover to try and catch them in transition, which is fine since they were effective running all night, but a timeout should have been called when it was clear their whole team was collapsing on Russ as soon as he got the ball across half court. Might come back to bite them in the ass if that’s the difference between 8 and 9.

All that said, the fact that we’re even having these discussions is pretty remarkable given how abysmal this season started. Since April 12 they are 13-4 and of those four losses, three have been by one point and the other was an OT loss. They’re playing hard and competing every game which is fun to see.

Also, play Gafford more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad