OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Fall 2020-Spring 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I get attacked for not defending them two pages ago and now you are going to get me for defending them? Oh well
No one is attacking you for defending them but blaming everything on the weather when your offense is built around the run game and you have a good defense and not giving any credit to the other team/coach is a bad look. And you keep doubling and tripling down like the rain is the only reason the Ravens lost that game or the only difference between last year’s win and this year’s loss.

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
No one is attacking you for defending them but blaming everything on the weather when your offense is built around the run game and you have a good defense and not giving any credit to the other team/coach is a bad look. And you keep doubling and tripling down like the rain is the only reason the Ravens lost that game or the only difference between last year’s win and this year’s loss.

Generally calling someone an apologist is an attack. I dont have to give the other team credit. I dont have to defend the ravens either so f*** it.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
With the lack of college basketball this season I know almost nobody in the NBA draft pool

I feel like the last 20 years we always pick around 8 to 15 and bust every pick

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
With the lack of college basketball this season I know almost nobody in the NBA draft pool

Only guy I “knew” relatively well was Ball. And that’s because of his clown father.

the rest? I’ve read up about them and watched some footage. Some good players. Really isn’t a bad choice as long as the Wizards stick to the consensus top 12 player or so.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
It wasn't the rain. The Ravens have looked mediocre to bad vs good teams this year and NE seem to be turning the corner. I don't think BAL was prepared for NE.

BB is a better coach than Harbaugh and that's not really up for debate. But I think BAL has a better roster, so if anything is to blame it's probably the coach and maybe a few players not doing their jobs.

Can someone explain what Harden is doing wrong? I don't know all the details but if he's an FA and wants to go somewhere based on personal preferences that's the way she goes. Owners are free to sign players based on similar reasoning ("character" considerations), right?

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
It wasn't the rain. The Ravens have looked mediocre to bad vs good teams this year and NE seem to be turning the corner. I don't think BAL was prepared for NE.

BB is a better coach than Harbaugh and that's not really up for debate. But I think BAL has a better roster, so if anything is to blame it's probably the coach and maybe a few players not doing their jobs.

Can someone explain what Harden is doing wrong? I don't know all the details but if he's an FA and wants to go somewhere based on personal preferences that's the way she goes. Owners are free to sign players based on similar reasoning ("character" considerations), right?
Harden? The NBA player? He’s got 3yrs left on his last mega contract. He’s nowhere close to being an FA

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

The WaPo pick
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/11/16/nba-mock-draft-2020

9. Washington Wizards: Patrick Williams, Florida State
After Washington finished 29th in defensive efficiency, it’s easy to envision the Wizards targeting Okongwu with the ninth pick or a trade to move up. Failing one of those scenarios, Washington’s biggest need is wing depth. Williams could fit in as a complementary piece around Washington’s veteran scoring options while providing defensive versatility as well. If he’s off the board, Okoro could also make sense as a defensive-minded forward.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Wow, that would be nuts. Westbrook is nice but his entire game is athleticism and he’s on the wrong side of 30 so that could fall off quick. Dude shot less than 30% from 3 last season.

True. Trading one younger athletic player, though often injured and breaking down, for an older athletic player leaving his prime. Tough choice.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Wow, that would be nuts. Westbrook is nice but his entire game is athleticism and he’s on the wrong side of 30 so that could fall off quick. Dude shot less than 30% from 3 last season.
They are both Diva’s in some ways. But I could see Westbrook having a higher relative ceiling and bouncing back = easier to trade.

Wall is almost impossible to deal without taking on someone like Westbrook

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Mark me down as a hard pass on Westbrook for Wall. I want to see prime Beal and a healthy Wall together and I definitely don’t want to add assets to Wall to make it happen.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Mark me down as a hard pass on Westbrook for Wall. I want to see prime Beal and a healthy Wall together and I definitely don’t want to add assets to Wall to make it happen.

what you want to see them fight and bicker over who the top dog is again? Already seen that movie....sadly, probably what we get stuck watching again.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Harden? The NBA player? He’s got 3yrs left on his last mega contract. He’s nowhere close to being an FA

So he wants out of his contract then. Is that a new thing?

How is this suddenly destroying sports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad