Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Seems like If is carrying some karma for the Nats. There is a replay of Kershaw after Soto hit his he. He just squares down and hung his head. Off in the background there was a guy in a Caps home red standing as the ball went out

After Howie's grand slam, as the TV showed people filing out of the stadium, they showed a couple Dodger fans stopping to congratulate some Nats fans, shake hands, give thumbs up, etc... the Nats fans, one of them was in full Caps home red jersey. Maybe the same guy you saw? It was a cool moment, being on the good side of that exchange for a change.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Hooting and hollering over what Bryce Harper and Dan Snyder must be thinking right now.

#STAYINTHEFIGHT hashtag on Twitter

The bromance between the Nats and Caps is fun to watch... makes me LOL how left out of it Dan Snyder must feel. And yeah, Bryce can GSAD too.

left-out_orig.jpg

Reactions: Midnight Judges

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I turned it on in the 7th, but when he hit that slam later, I jumped up yelling whoa shit! Historic moment. The earlier dingers were just the tease.

Last edited:

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
You can debate whether the 8th inning is on Kershaw or Roberts (I say both, but more Roberts), but the thing is that the pitch Rendon hit was at his shins - Kershaw had to be happy with that pitch, had to figure that was unhittable, and Rendon still 2-irons it into the seats. That's madness. Then, rattled, Kershaw serves one to Soto, who was in full I'm not Like past Nat playoff hitters, I don't work counts when a gift is presented mode, and he bombed it

It's both. For the Dodgers it will be great for the future because we weren't going anywhere even after a big regular season and recent NLCS and WS trips. It's actually a big step forward if the organization can move on from them. This isn't the first time Kershaw has blown it and Roberts is too blinded by his ego. Some of us wanted to see Kershaw traded after last year but we knew that wasn't going to happen. Seager played like crap and Bellinger had a slow start. That's not good when the young core is not producing. They'll make the changes in the offseason and be back next year. Kendrick's HR last night is up there with Joe Carter's WS winner off Williams in that it might just end Kershaw and a big franchise moment. I can also remember Rick Monday's HR like yesterday and Kendrick's is sort of like that too, except a grand slam. Having said that I am not going to lie. I was hoping Smith would win the game for the Dodgers. He's an upcoming star and going to be a good one. Now it's going to be fun to watch Scherzer and I hope he gets what Ovy got in 2018 in Vegas. I guess the same could be said for Zimmerman.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
I was hoping Smith would win the game for the Dodgers. He's an upcoming star and going to be a good one.
Smith was that f***ing close in the bottom of the 9th (in the video below at about 5:57). Hudson shot his head around after it left the bat like he thought it was out, and Eaton looked pretty unsure of whether he was going to get it. And then they showed that reaction shot in the Dodgers' dugout where they all thought it was over, and you could see Rendon looking like he thought it was gone too. And then the next guy up smoked one to center right into Taylor's glove. Hudson definitely did not have his best stuff, and good on Davey to not go back to him in the 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad