OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, 2019-TBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Tuesday night is the biggest day of the season for the Wiz.
NBA draft lottery. 9% for 1. 9% for 2. If we somehow jump into the top 3 we will get a future all star I believe.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
We shouldn't have kept Dusty Baker. I'm of the mind that Dusty's teams were just better than the current team but, regardless, Dusty hadn't gotten it done when it counted. I can't besmirch for gambling on being better and not just accepting playoff failures. I also can't fault them for letting Harper walk. I loved Harper but he's grossly overpaid for what he brings and we've got a very competent outfield even without him. About the only way I was interested in him staying was if they stuck him at 1b but I'd be willing to bet he'd get injured quite a bit there if he was asked to play a more active style of defense.

I do, after thinking about it, have to think the biggest issues for their failure is on management/coaching. They haven't been able to get them to play at a consistent level in the entirety of Martinez tenure.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Tuesday night is the biggest day of the season for the Wiz.
NBA draft lottery. 9% for 1. 9% for 2. If we somehow jump into the top 3 we will get a future all star I believe.

The Lez Bullete getting zion by winning the lottery would go along way for the franchise but they are in a tough spot cap wise. Beal is in his prime now..Wall probably won't play next season so would be what 29 going into the following season and who knows if he can adjust his game as some players can do as they age to still impact the game. I also dig RJ Barret and my dad really like the PG from Murray St.. But at Wall did come out already saying he would be fine with the 'zards drafting a PG /shrug.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
The Lez Bullete getting zion by winning the lottery would go along way for the franchise but they are in a tough spot cap wise. Beal is in his prime now..Wall probably won't play next season so would be what 29 going into the following season and who knows if he can adjust his game as some players can do as they age to still impact the game. I also dig RJ Barret and my dad really like the PG from Murray St.. But at Wall did come out already saying he would be fine with the 'zards drafting a PG /shrug.
Have to trade Beal. No other way.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Have to trade Beal. No other way.

Might be the only way. Hopefully get a little lottery luck this year. Trade Beal for picks and/or younger player. Tank this coming season and then see what you can surround Wall with the following season. This puts a lot on Wall coming back from injury which just seems way too risky but he seems untradable at this point. I heard today if Beal makes all team NBA he'll be eligible for a supermax contract also. If they can land a GM with some hope of drafting better and better developing their players then I say blow it up and rebuild. Trade Beal now at his highest value then Wall at some point the season he comes back.

Sep 19, 2008
Also don't forget the Wizards idiotically let Buckhantz walk and refused to extend his contract, meaning some new guy is going to announce 82 games without zion in 2019-20. Yeah, the Wizards don't exist to me this year. No point watching them on NBCSW without Buckhantz. At least there was a reason to watch if Buckhantz was still doing the game.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Brutal. Honestly the only play I see is to trade Brad, be awful next year, get Mahinmi off the books after next season, hope for a lucky ping pong ball and a somewhat healthy Wall and rebuild for the 2020-21 season and beyond.

Good luck to whoever Ted hires... this is going to be a tough job to navigate.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
:laugh: of course. Knew they would fall
They had a 9% chance to land the #1 pick. They had a 3.8% chance to land the #9 pick. I mean, sheesh.

The good news is the #9 pick has a solid history, and they won't be able (more than likely) to pick De'Andre Hunter (aka, local Josh Childress). Hoping for Doumbouya, Bol Bol, or Langford (who I think is undervalued due to the shooting issues caused by his hand tendon injury).

The Wiz also have an elite trade asset in Beal. If Memphis likes Barrett for some reason at #2, The Knicks might be willing to give #3 (Ja Morant) and some future firsts (they have 2 from Dallas) for Beal. This is assuming the rumors are true and the Knicks will land KD and Kyrie this summer. That'd accelerate the rebuild quite a bit.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The curse of Les Bullet lives on.

f***ing Pelicans. Who wants Zion in a market where he’s rarely seen?

I’d have much preferred the Lakers or Knicks myself. I hope AD sticks to his guns and still demands out. Let Zion take over until he can escape too.

Last night was a shit night for the NBA Lottery.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->