OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, 2019-2020, Vol 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I would be livid if I was a Red Sox fan. Would be enough to make me stop spending any money or time on the team for a while. A year removed from a World Series ring, your most hated rival is spending dollars to beat you in an arms race, you have a team that could compete for another championship... and your plan is to trade possibly the best homegrown talent you've ever had and a Cy Young pitcher for a few prospects so you can save some change on the luxury tax and avoid having to pay Betts next offseason? Counting pennies when the team has grown in value from $700mm to roughly $7bn in 18 years since the owners purchased the team? When the ownership group also owns Liverpool who just won the Champions League and is about to win the Premier League in a landslide and is drowning in cash? And when the owner is worth $3bn? Woof.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I mean the Nats did it with Harper and Rendon. And I was pissed when both walked

Not even close. The Nats took shots at trying to win the World Series knowing both could walk for nothing regardless of whether they won or not. The Red Sox didn't even try. And they're one of the richest organizations in all of professional sports.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
What’s the point? Robinson blows....

Don't know much about the kid (about to). But considering the new focus of prospect development plus picking up players like Bryant and Wagner (and even Bonga showing some defensive flexibility) that look to be players that can help the club win, I hesitate to pass judgement.

Jerome Robinson - NBADraft.net

Strengths: Shooting guard with excellent ball skills … One of the draft’s top shooters … Hit 40% from 3 (2.3 of 5.7 per game), 83% FT shooter … Has a very clean release, excellent form on his shot … Had a great synergy with teammate Ky Bowman and did most of his damage off the ball as a spot up shooter … Adept at creating shots off the dribble … Very crafty at setting up shots with the use of pump fakes and change of momentum to get defenders off balance and free himself for open looks … An excellent ball handler and very good at shooting off the dribble … Good catch and shoot player, gets set quickly, has a fast and effective release … Has a polished step back move that makes him hard to guard on the perimeter … Imaginative offensive player … Incorporates runners well when necessary, which is helpful considering his size and explosiveness is good but not to the point that he can challenge bigs at the rim …

Weaknesses: Already a junior so a little older than your average first round prospect (Turned 21 in February) … Not especially explosive off the dribble … Not a great ISO player … First step isn’t elite making it harder for him to make quick defenders pay for crowding him … Ability to create is solid however much of his offense came within the flow of team’s offense. Iso skills were underutilized and must improve at next level … May struggle to create open looks with the same proficiency at next level due to his lack of length and blow by speed …

Reading up seems like more of a bench scoring guard. Maybe a younger McRae (sorry to see him leave seemed like a solid dude). Clippers are stacked and going for a championship so I can see them trading a mid first pick that my only project as a bench guard topping out but not there yet.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Doncic didn’t play. So meh.

they are doing a great job of winning enough games to finish 9/10 in East. Which is a crappy road to walk. Means pick in 7-11 range. Which is again totally meh.

they needed to be really bad this year to get a top 3 pick. They couldn’t get that right either.

I told you this would never happen and it's why I (somewhat) jokingly said they needed to sit Beal for the year. They'll never be that bad with Beal who is an All Star talent despite the bullshit All Star Game vote. Hope is not lost though, Mahinmi is off the books next year.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Doncic didn’t play. So meh.

they are doing a great job of winning enough games to finish 9/10 in East. Which is a crappy road to walk. Means pick in 7-11 range. Which is again totally meh.

they needed to be really bad this year to get a top 3 pick. They couldn’t get that right either.

This years draft is seriously weak sauce. Normally I'm draft pick rooting at this point in the season when they are out of the playoffs but rather see them developing their young players.

As far as Beal I never thought his upside would reach the heights he has this season. Kudos to him. His game has really expanded especially getting the FT line.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

It's at 2p ET on ABC if anyone wants to watch. Former Navy QB Keenan Reynolds is playing for the Seattle Dragons who are DC's opponents today, and the Dragons just so happened to be coached by... Jim Zorn.

Former Redskins WRs Rashad Ross and Simmie Cobbs are on DC's roster, and their QB is Cardale Jones.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I like this level of miccing up. It's pretty cool. I assume the broadcast must be on a hell of a delay though.

and lol they interview guys IMMEDIATELY after plays, this is pretty wild.

DC had a punt blocked against, TD against. I've only been a fan for 4 minutes but I'm angry anyway. I want to hunt dragons until they go extinct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad