OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, Navy, Gtown, etc. : Version VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Terps bigs can't sqeeze a rebound. Team getting pissed at each other on the court. No leadership. Blame the coach.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
A 2nd half run got the win. It seems wrong that making the S16 and not being upset by a 12 and 13 seed feels like an accomplishment.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
And just when they were left for dead, the Wizards have won 5 in a row to climb back to .500, and within 2 losses of the 7th (and 8th) seed.

Still a tall climb for them, and an 8th seed looks like a first round punch out from Cleveland, but....whatever. If they can somehow make the playoffs and avoid the Cavaliers in round 1 (Cleveland could fall behind Toronto, or the Wiz could jump to 7th), then anything is possible.

But I doubt it

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
And just when they were left for dead, the Wizards have won 5 in a row to climb back to .500, and within 2 losses of the 7th (and 8th) seed.

Still a tall climb for them, and an 8th seed looks like a first round punch out from Cleveland, but....whatever. If they can somehow make the playoffs and avoid the Cavaliers in round 1 (Cleveland could fall behind Toronto, or the Wiz could jump to 7th), then anything is possible.

But I doubt it

They've won 5 straight but haven't gained any ground. The Pistons and Bulls have won three straight and are 6-4 in their L10. The Wiz have won 5 straight and are 5-5. I'm of the opinion that blowing the last second leads against Indiana and Portland during the 1st week of March will torpedo their season. Had they won those two games, they'd be 7-3 in their L10 and they'd be sitting at 37-33, good enough for 7th place, over the would-be 36-34 Pistons, as well as leapfrogging the Bulls and Pistons.

As such, they'll need to make up two games over their last 12. Seven of those games are away and that schedule consists of games with Atlanta (x2), Golden State, Charlotte, the Clippers and one with Detroit. They also get bottom feeders in the Lakers, Twolves, Kings, Suns, and Nets (x2). They need to win 8/12 to have a chance, in my opinion. Going to be tough.

Last edited:

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
They've won 5 straight but haven't gained any ground. The Pistons and Bulls have won three straight and are 6-4 in their L10. The Wiz have won 5 straight and are 5-5. I'm of the opinion that blowing the last second leads against Indiana and Portland during the 1st week of March will torpedo their season. Had they won those two games, they'd be 7-3 in their L10 and they'd be sitting at 37-33, good enough for 7th place, over the would-be 36-34 Pistons, as well as leapfrogging the Bulls and Pistons.

As such, they'll need to make up two games over their last 12. Seven of those games are away and that schedule consists of games with Atlanta (x2), Golden State, Charlotte, the Clippers and one with Detroit. They also get bottom feeders in the Lakers, Twolves, Kings, Suns, and Nets (x2). They need to win 8/12 to have a chance, in my opinion. Going to be tough.

Agreed. Chiacgo's schedule is easy, while Detroits is harder than ours. Indiana is the wild card.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
These have to be different refs in the MD game vs the Nova game earlier. These guys suck. Blowing the whistle too much and getting half the calls wrong, both ways.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Only plays they have are the high screen and isolation play. Turgeon is a fraud. Wasting talent.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Not enough talent by comparison tonight....

Both teams are highly skilled. Terps have several future pros on their squad.

One team is living up to their skill level and playing organized, tournament ball. The other isn't. At least in the 2nd half.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Wiz blow a 7pt lead late in regulation and end up in OT. Then 2OT. Now Gortat misses BOTH free throws down by 1 with 14 seconds. :facepalm:

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Holding out hope the Melo Trimble hurt his draft status enough to comeback next season, if not... 5 new starters and NIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad