OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, Navy, Gtown, etc. : Version VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Terps are frustrating to watch. Can't believe they're still in this game.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
MD at a 5 seed in the South, probably have to go through Kansas. It ain't happening. If they were in UNC's bracket there might be a chance due to the rivalry factor.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
MD at a 5 seed in the South, probably have to go through Kansas. It ain't happening. If they were in UNC's bracket there might be a chance due to the rivalry factor.

Sounds like they will have to get through Cal 1st before worrying about Kansas from what was said on the CBS selection show. Hell the way this team has played this year would anyone be surprised if they lose in the 1st round? I wouldn't. Very schizophrenic team.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Terps just don't have "it" right now. They go as Trimble goes, and his shooting had been horrid. The fact that they almost beat MSU with him shooting so poorly was crazy.

If he can shoot even 40% overall, they can beat anyone. And I mean anyone, Kansas included.

Terps bracket is wide open. UConn is on of their tears, they could beat Kansas.

To show how wide open this entire tournament is? If you combine the losses of all 4 #1 seeds, the most any tourney had seen was 20 total losses, in 2000. This year there are 23. So almost 6 a team (MD has 8).

Any team that gets hot the next 3 weeks can win it all. There are probably 20 such teams. MD is one of them.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Sounds like they will have to get through Cal 1st before worrying about Kansas from what was said on the CBS selection show. Hell the way this team has played this year would anyone be surprised if they lose in the 1st round? I wouldn't. Very schizophrenic team.

I would be equally not surprised if the Terps lose to South Dakota State or make it to the final.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Wiz currently stomping Detroit 25-6 with 4min left in the 1st quarter. No lead is safe.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
You know you're desperate when you're hyped about signing Mike Wallace

http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-r...-is-exactly-the-weapon-that-joe-flacco-wanted

A day after the season ended, Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco talked about the need for Steelers speed at wide receiver.

Two months later, the Ravens gave Flacco exactly what he wanted, reaching an agreement with wide receiver Mike Wallace on Tuesday, according to a team source. Wallace is not only the best deep threat still available in free agency, but he also established himself as a big-play weapon during his days with the Steelers.

Yeah, but are you getting Steeler Wallace, or Dolphin Wallace, or Viking Wallace?

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
You know you're desperate when you're hyped about signing Mike Wallace

http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-r...-is-exactly-the-weapon-that-joe-flacco-wanted

Yeah, but are you getting Steeler Wallace, or Dolphin Wallace, or Viking Wallace?

Dolphin Wallace was still pretty good. 140 receptions for 1792 yards and 15 TDs over the two years. Dunno what was going on with Vikings Wallace, but it might have something to do with the Vikings attempting the fewest passes in the league last year (the leader, coincidentally, was the Ravens) and Bridgewater being a bad deep-ball passer. Of course there's also the headcase factor, but I think it could be a good signing.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Considering what the Ravens have trotted out there at WR for the last decade, Wallace is an excellent signing. It's not a long commitment, and he's reasonably cheap.

They can actually lineup 4 competent NFL receivers in Smith, Wallace, Aiken, and (presumably) Perriman. They're also pretty solid at TE with Watson, Gillmore, and Williams. Flacco finally has some weapons.

Weddle and Wallace are also both about filling holes, and thus not forcing a reach in the draft.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Considering what the Ravens have trotted out there at WR for the last decade, Wallace is an excellent signing. It's not a long commitment, and he's reasonably cheap.

They can actually lineup 4 competent NFL receivers in Smith, Wallace, Aiken, and (presumably) Perriman.
They're also pretty solid at TE with Watson, Gillmore, and Williams. Flacco finally has some weapons.

Weddle and Wallace are also both about filling holes, and thus not forcing a reach in the draft.

Well yeah, that's a decent lineup if we go by best case scenario. There's a lot of risk/reward in that corps of WRs. Could end up crashing and burning as well.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
C'mon, Terps. Something like 10 upsets so far and another brewing if Michigan State goes down. Don't get sucked into the trend.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
So tired of announcers referring to red-shirt freshman as simply freshmen with awe and amazement.

They aren't freshman. They are sophomores playing their 1st year of eligibility. Huge difference.

And Terps up, but they sure aren't playing that great.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
some cheap/bad calls in this game both ways. Can't let this game be close down to the wire. keep the refs out of it

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Another cheap little foul on Trimble, this time late. Needed to avoid that possibility. Momentum going the wrong way.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Great stuff, but I don't like the timing. Wait until your player is in the ground or on his feet before pretty much saying "hey, don't **** up like this guy did".

The tone was there, but it's an important and timely message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad