OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, Navy, Gtown, etc., 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
I hear a lot of criticism about Leonsis from this board and others but he really isn't that bad. Again you're talking about Angelos and Snyder in the same region...that really makes Leonsis look like the best owner in the area. That, and the Lerners who are actually good owners who are willing to spend to try to win championships.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I don't even know the Ravens owners, which given that you only hear about owners when a problem happens probably means they're the best owners in the area. :laugh:

edit; Looked it up. Steve Bisciotti. Founder of Aerotek. Yuck. No clue how he is as an owner, though.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I hear a lot of criticism about Leonsis from this board and others but he really isn't that bad. Again you're talking about Angelos and Snyder in the same region...that really makes Leonsis look like the best owner in the area. That, and the Lerners who are actually good owners who are willing to spend to try to win championships.

Nobody really thinks Leonsis is “bad”, but he’s certainly open to criticism with regards to holding onto management types.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

“Listen, the way I was traded out of that team, it looked like I was the cancer of the locker room,” Gortat told NBC Sports Washington. “I think that thing was verified and it was complete [expletive]. It is what it is now.”

Sep 19, 2008
I don't even know the Ravens owners, which given that you only hear about owners when a problem happens probably means they're the best owners in the area. :laugh:

edit; Looked it up. Steve Bisciotti. Founder of Aerotek. Yuck. No clue how he is as an owner, though.
Biscotti is usually pretty solid from what I hear. He was the owner during the Ray Rice ordeal though.

Here's The Text Exchange Where The Ravens Owner Told Ray Rice He'd Hire Him After Football

I think Harbaugh wanted to cut Rice immediately after the allegations came out but there was a little controversy when the owner said he would keep his ties with Rice.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Anyone else a sucker like me and watching The Match, Tiger vs. Phil?

I have played Shadow Creek 3 times, so there’s that draw for me. Tough course. Looking forward to seeing them go low.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
UVA's offensive coordinator is a coward and an idiot beyond words. He single handedly stole UVA's momentum when they had a chance to ice the game.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Forgot about that. Was he also the owner during the Ray Lewis murder trial?

No. Bisciotti was a minority owner at the time. The murder took place on January 31, 2000 and he was approved by the NFL to purchase 49% of the team in March 2000. So he became an official minority owner during the trial.

Reactions: Hivemind

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Ouch....makes the guy sound like a boat anchor.

And Wall, the game passed him by. He has had nine years to learn to shoot, and he still can’t shoot. I can’t go to my coach and tell him we are getting a starting point guard who can’t shoot. Not for $40 million a year."

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Of course his camp is going to deny it but privately they're complaining. We're probably seeing the tip of the iceberg publicly.

My guess is the locker room had been split between Beal and Wall due to their feud and Beal has decided the deck is stacked against him. Gortat would've been considered pro-Beal or at least anti-Wall, and shipping him out was a message to the Bealies that Wall was mgmt's guy in the end. So now they have an increasingly disgruntled, dysfunctional locker room because Wall is entrenched as the face of the team and the coach has no control over anyone, least of all Wall.

Seems like a mess similar to the Arenas era. Ted probably doesn't want to fire the coach, the GM, or his star player since he tends to hold onto that core group for as long as possible. If he's not willing to blow it up then he's got to start moving guys out who clash with Wall and ride that train to the end. Otherwise, clean house.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Well the Wiz are 6-3 in their last 9 after going 2-9 in their first 11. It's frustrating because this could be a good basketball team but the chemistry just doesn't seem to be there. I truly think the trajectory of this franchise would have been different if Wall didn't break his hand and wrist in the 2015 playoffs. They would have wiped the floor with Atlanta in the Conference Semis and played LeBron and the Cavs very tough in the Conference Finals. Who knows, maybe they win and play Golden State in the Finals, and then everything is different moving forward.

Trading Beal would be a huge mistake, in my opinion. He's the last guy they should trade unless they get an absurd offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad