OT: Nationals, Wizards, DC United, O's, Ravens....DC area sports IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
Harper would be well-served to shut up and play, sadly. I don't think he's malicious in any way, he just doesn't think before he speaks.

And frankly, considering how well Ryan Zimmerman is handling his situation, Harper could not have a better role model in this respect.

All that said, it's nice to feel like the Nats are making some hay. The Braves just aren't cooperating.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Talking Bullets, I ran into Gheorghe Muresan last night. He looks good. Tall.

213b6ec315e7aedd1538f46869f2af47.jpg

I once flew on a flight from Austria a row over from Gheorghe. In coach.

Man.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
What are the wiz up to?

Stand pat minus ariza make a play for durant next year?

I'm not mad if that's the case.

Any rumblings?

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
What are the wiz up to?

Stand pat minus ariza make a play for durant next year?

I'm not mad if that's the case.

Any rumblings?

They would probably want Ariza back. Problem is that everyone is in wait and see mode until Lebron, Wade, Melo and Bosh sign somewhere, so that the teams that miss out can bid on the other guys, like Ariza.

Meanwhile Cleveland may be trying to shed salary to make a play for Lebron.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
If Davis can heat up, nobody's catching the O's in the division. It'll be interesting how they approach the deadline. Do they move mid level stuff for bullpen help, or do they move a Harvey/Bundy cor someone like Price?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
If Davis can heat up, nobody's catching the O's in the division. It'll be interesting how they approach the deadline. Do they move mid level stuff for bullpen help, or do they move a Harvey/Bundy cor someone like Price?

I think they need Tillman (and the rest of the rotation, for that matter) to pitch more consistently before you can say nobody will catch them. But signs of life from Machado and Davis are certainly promising. Cruz, Pearce, and Young are likely to slow down at some point, so the rest of the lineup needs to start playing up to their talent level. Hopefully Ubaldo can have a 2nd half run like he did last year, as well.

Normally I'd be opposed to moving a top pitching prospect, but given how poorly they have translated into the majors for the Orioles and the fact that the window is open now, I'm growing increasingly open to the idea. Doesn't seem like a Duquette move, though.

kmdoom

Sep 19, 2013
alexandria va
Please don't sign Ariza.

Wittman put them in a difficult situation playing Ariza so much, or rather not playing Porter at all. If they let him walk they're left with Webster and a redshirt freshman. That said, can't see us winning the LeBron sweepstakes but there are potential options in FA.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
and use that money for what?

Nothing right now. There are guys available in FA who can help the team, but if we resign Ariza it's conceivable (likely) that when we resign Beal we'll be paying 5 guys 8 figure salaries (Wall, Beal, Nene, Ariza, Gortat) -- that is not a starting 5 that's going to win a Championship and it leaves us with little room to provide adequate depth. Play Porter. We drafted #3OA for a reason. Maintain a little cap flexibility so that in 2016 we can run after Durant.

ryan519*

should probably get rid of Nene, not ariza. guy isnt getting any younger and is constantly injured during the season. hes also got some anger issues that can cost the team, like the headbutting incident during the playoffs

that frees up a good amount of cap right there

Darkproducer

Mar 25, 2008
I once flew on a flight from Austria a row over from Gheorghe. In coach.

Man.

My mom's doctor was one of the bullet's team doctors and I met him and shook his hand when I was like 14 lol...good gosh... met a lot of bullets players, was pretty cool back in the day.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
should probably get rid of Nene, not ariza. guy isnt getting any younger and is constantly injured during the season. hes also got some anger issues that can cost the team, like the headbutting incident during the playoffs

that frees up a good amount of cap right there

That's one incident. Nene is a character guy who helped repair that horribly dysfunctional locker room.

ryan519*

wiz in talks with deng but still committed to resigning ariza...screw that man if we can get deng i'd much rather have him. ariza isnt worth the 12m per year hes asking for

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Doesn't Cleveland have Miami's first? They'll end up with another 1st overall for LeBron to play with.

At least Wizards have a better shot at winning the division.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
I really do hope he goes back to Cleveland. Not only for the Wizards sake...but for his. It's a redemption for what he did to that city 4 years ago with that while decision mumbo jumbo. I might actually cheer for the ****er again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad