OT: Nationals, Wizards, DC United, O's, Ravens....DC area sports IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
Just got back from Baltimore where I caught games 2 and 3 of the last Sox vs the O's series. Camden Yards lives up to the hype and I thoroughly enjoyed the city of Baltimore. Next time I'll book a longer trip so I can see DC as well. Had a great time down in your neck of the woods.

Kegger

Apr 23, 2002
Texas
Just got back from Baltimore where I caught games 2 and 3 of the last Sox vs the O's series. Camden Yards lives up to the hype and I thoroughly enjoyed the city of Baltimore. Next time I'll book a longer trip so I can see DC as well. Had a great time down in your neck of the woods.

Love Camden. That said, you went to Camden Yards over the Stanley Cup finals? Hehe

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
Love Camden. That said, you went to Camden Yards over the Stanley Cup finals? Hehe

:laugh: ya when I booked the trip I didn't know the Bruins would be in the Cup Finals. Lucky it's a short flight so I only missed part of 1st and the whole second period of game 2. Flew out Friday morning, flew back sat night.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Got free tickets to the Nats-Phils game tonight. Wearing the same red polo I wore to work today so I can freely switch between sides as necessary. :sarcasm:

Nats fans, how should this O's fan properly get on the nerves of Phillies fans?

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I know we're not even half way through the season, but Manny Machado is on pace to demolish the single-season doubles record that has stood for 72 years.

He's 20.

Kegger

Apr 23, 2002
Texas
I know we're not even half way through the season, but Manny Machado is on pace to demolish the single-season doubles record that has stood for 72 years.

He's 20.

Sick.
Love sporting the Machado #13 camo jersey shirt. It's the best I can do down here in Houston.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia

He's 20.

Barring injury, he seems like a lock to become the 20th player in MLB history to record 55+ doubles in a season. The last to do it? Brian Roberts in 2009.

If the concussions didn't derails Roberts' career, he could have gone down as the best doubles hitter since Pete Rose. Certainly up there with Biggio and Pujols at the very least.

Bananas

Mar 26, 2007
When are the Nats gonna bench Haren? They lose every ****ing time he goes out. Hell...I could do that.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
As a Mets fan, it's a rare occasion when I can post something positive.

Danny Knobler of CBS Sports spoke with a pair of scouts who watched Matt Harvey on Tuesday, and both said they would take Harvey over Stephen Strasburg, with one scout saying it's "not even close".

Last edited:

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Porter Jr. just doesn't excite me, I'd personally try to get MKG if he's available from the Bobcats.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
The Bullets need to not over-think it, take Porter, and then try to trade up to the top of the 2nd round. No huge moves. (I am obviously a Porter fan.)

If Porter is there I have to see them taking him even if Noel somehow drops. Intangibles are great and his weakness like beating a man off the dribble is not really needed. I am still intrigued by Bennett and his top end potential. Imagine though somehow both Porter Bennett or gone that would be a real twist as far who they would pick.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I'd actually be content with Porter, Bennett, Len, or even Zeller.

Nobody I really hate this year that there's a reasonable chance of them taking.

I bet it's Bennett, given Wall's comments about wanting to playing with a stretch 4 and pick-and-pop post player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->