NCAA GDT: National Signing Day 2016

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
Derek Jeter attended Michigan without playing on the baseball team. It's not that complicated

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Yes, the misconception comes from the fact that he briefly enrolled at UM with the intent to play baseball here but the Yankees offered too good a deal to pass up.

So, he was in classes over the summer or something? Otherwise, it doesn't really make him different from any other HS draftee with signability issues.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
He recruited 3 4* WR last year, a guy who was a 4* who is either gonna be our QB or WR... a RB who broke record last years, got another 4* Star HB... got another 4* WR and WR's Gilbert wanted/fit his system. plus 4 offensive linemen. While having 2 freshman All Americans already. yeah Charlie ain't recruiting offence. Oh yeah and a 4* QB... but yeah he ain't recruiting any offence, what so ever.

How many wins did he have last year? Jimmy Mac and Harbaugh won 10 games with less talent yet Chuck gets a pass. :laugh: stars don't mean **** when your staff sucks.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I guess I shouldn't be surprised as the allure of Harbaugh is far bigger than it was at Stanford. Not to mention Michigan >>> Stanford.

But I didn't think he would be able to recruit this quickly. They're still all unknowns at the end of the day though.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
How many wins did he have last year? Jimmy Mac and Harbaugh won 10 games with less talent yet Chuck gets a pass. :laugh: stars don't mean **** when your staff sucks.

Your arguments are just worn out. Every time you get proven wrong you go back to the same old tired thing. How does record come into play when you said "Charlie doesn't get it still not recruiting offence?" You were talking about Charlie not recruiting offence, maybe should be more informed before talking. Also believe it or not off of the 247 talent composite. Michigan has more talent on the roster. & have you been paying attention to the national media? No one is giving Charlie a pass in the country. He's been getting toasted for 5-7, recruiting etc.

The only reason why Charlie gets "close" to a pass is because everyone with inside of Texas or knows anything going on there, has a clue what he has/had to deal with it.

Last edited:

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston

Ultimately this is what it comes down to. Recruiting is only 50% of the battle. You have to actually get your guys to perform and put them in the best position to win games. He hasn't done that yet, and this is the reason why I've wanted him fired. We'll see what he does this upcoming season, but anything short of 10 wins in the Big 12 isn't good enough for Texas especially with these last two recruiting classes.

He has no excuse anymore for not having enough talent on both ends. We have 5 QBs competing for the starting position come spring. Heard, Swoopes, Locksley, Buchele, and Matthew Merrick. He also hired a new OC from Tulsa -- Gilbert. He's built the trenches on both sides of the ball, so yeah he basically has no excuse left.

I'm expecting a New Years Day bowl next year. If he doesn't achieve that, I think he's as good as gone. 7 wins is not an improvement over two terrible 5 and 6 win seasons. That's just remaining mediocre in a conference that in itself is pretty mediocre.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Ultimately this is what it comes down to. Recruiting is only 50% of the battle. You have to actually get your guys to perform and put them in the best position to win games. He hasn't done that yet, and this is the reason why I've wanted him fired. We'll see what he does this upcoming season, but anything short of 10 wins in the Big 12 isn't good enough for Texas especially with these last two recruiting classes.

He has no excuse anymore for not having enough talent on both ends. We have 5 QBs competing for the starting position come spring. Heard, Swoopes, Locksley, Buchele, and Matthew Merrick. He also hired a new OC from Tulsa -- Gilbert. He's built the trenches on both sides of the ball, so yeah he basically has no excuse left.

I'm expecting a New Years Day bowl next year. If he doesn't achieve that, I think he's as good as gone. 7 wins is not an improvement over two terrible 5 and 6 win seasons. That's just remaining mediocre in a conference that in itself is pretty mediocre.

Yeah it basically this. The last 2 season haven't mattered to me. He's had to rebuild everything. This year he has his OC, QB depth etc. if he fails this season. He should be gone, as much as I like him. Also don't be surprised if it's between Merrick/Heard/Locksley. The team loves Locksley.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
So, he was in classes over the summer or something? Otherwise, it doesn't really make him different from any other HS draftee with signability issues.

Apparently, he was in classes that fall after a summer of minor league ball.

Okay, that's different.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Also did anyone see how Ole Miss S commit Deontay Anderson announced his?

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Go Blue. Very exciting day as a Michigan fan and high, high expectations for this upcoming season.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

Exactly and that's what I'm getting at. He and his staff aren't on par with TCU, Baylor and OU. Even Oklahoma State. Its great to get a nice class but results need to happen. Especially when the best teams in Texas are Houston, Baylor and TCU.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
UCLA checked in as the 12th ranked class. Not bad.

It'll be awhile for Mizzou to get going again sadly. At least one of my teams are on the rise

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
So many sec teams :laugh: These recruits are dumb. Your never gonna play for a natty when you have to face saban

They need to join Stanford or Oregon. Baylor or something

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
Oregon class fell apart down the stretch. Firmly always in the 20-30 range every year. :laugh:

We finally got a little revenge on you guys today for De'Anthony Thomas by flipping Malepeai to us.

I admit I was nervous going into NSD, but I guess USC will always be USC. Only 20 recruits this cycle due to some blueshirts last year, but we ended up with the highest average star rating.

Biggest surprise was flipping Cook and Pie out of the state of Florida, and also getting OOS EJ Price. The cherry on top was the signing of Jack Jones. Great day for Coach Helton and staff.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Kids from the south usually like to stay in the south.

Ya'll you see the Occasional Louisiana or Florida kid go to Texas or something but barely any Georgia/Alabama kids go anywhere else. Also Auburn/LSU have been to NC somewhat recently.. might as well go to the best of the best which is usually Alabama and some other SEC team.

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
I guess I shouldn't be surprised as the allure of Harbaugh is far bigger than it was at Stanford. Not to mention Michigan >>> Stanford.

But I didn't think he would be able to recruit this quickly. They're still all unknowns at the end of the day though.

To be fair, Hoke laid the groundwork in New Jersey for the pipeline that's been established.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad