NCAA GDT: National Signing Day 2016

Sep 19, 2008
Hope Michigan snags the lad. Michigan has the POWAH

Brady, Jeter, Leyland, etc :yo:

Heard on the AUDIBLE pod from a few weeks ago that Texas has a 30th recruiting class which is not good enough with Baylor and other schools in Texas doing better. Hopefully STRONG has a strong showing tomorrow

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
All the coaching turnover over the past month really hurt USC. I have a feeling we're in for a disappointing NSD. The only recruit I have confidence in is Jack Jones, and it will suck when Asiasi and Boss Taloga both announce for UCLA.

Luckily our biggest recruits Betiku and Pittman have already enrolled.

Kiffin and Sark may be dumbasses and crappy coaches, but they sure can recruit.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
On a different level than what is going to be talked about generally here - but Montana's haul is looking monstrous for an FCS squad with a nice balance of transfers and 2/3 star recruits.

With the huge shift in offensive philosophy and Coach Stitt getting his first full recruiting schedule it's not surprising...hopefully this goes much better than the last monster haul under Robin Pflugrad (the less said of that the better).

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
I think it was the last 5 NC have had a top 5 recruiting class 2 years before they won the NC.

Like Gene said you gotta have a good staff to develop them too, but you can't win a national title without top talent. A few diamonds in the rough like KR/PR Brandon James at UF help too, he was a 2 or 3* that made big plays on special teams in 06 and 08.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Harbaugh went all-out. Man that is nuts.

Leyland was an interesting choice. Only ties to Michigan are thru his time with the Tigers.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
If Michigan lands Gary I'm going to be ecstatic. If he ends up at Clemson it'll be crushing. He's an immediate impact player and he's probably going to solidify a top 5 defense at either school. I think both schools end up in the playoffs next season. Hopefully his boys from growing up and long recruiting relationship with Michigan overtake his last trip to Clemson.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
WVU is having a great finish to their recruiting season. Just landed JUCO All American CB Mike Daniels. Landed a JUCO 4* RB. It sounds like they are landing 4* LB Brendan Ferns and CB Elijah Battle. Possibly some surprises, too.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Mizzou never has highly rated classes and I wouldn't expect today to be different. They did manage to flip multiple recruits from Boise State and took away a TE from Alabama, which is something I'd never think was possible.

UCLA landed a 4* WR this morning, beating out USC. Still have 8 guys they are chasing to make a decision today so could be a pretty big day for the Bruins.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/130135/big-ten-powers-have-different-recruiting-strategies

Harbaugh’s main talking points are about how lucky the players are to have a chance to play football. The joy of “being on a ball team” was a convincing argument for many of Michigan’s targets this year, but for others it fell flat.

“He is an extremely weird guy,” said four-star tackle Liam Eichenberg, who was pursued by all three of the Big Ten powers before choosing Notre Dame. “He couldn’t really hold a conversation. He just kept on talking about, ‘You’re so lucky to have this opportunity.’ I kind of felt like he was just talking to himself.”

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Texas currently ranked #11 off of the 247 team rankings composite. with more recruits coming.

Elvis P

Night Gallery
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The #1 player is down to my favorite school or one other. It seems as if Southern schools get all the top players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad