NFL: Nathaniel Hackett so fired (Jerry Rosberg interim)

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
rs_560x314-151117125934-jazzy-jeff.gif

The only one in the ballpark is Urban Meyer.

and Hackett lasted longer in the job.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Denver shouldn't chase a big name. Gruden is going to want a big say over personnel, and he's terrible at that.

Denver needs to find out what kind of system Wilson is most comfortable with and find a coach who will bring that in. Even if Wilson has lost the team and is cooked, they have to try their best to get out of Wilson whatever he has left. I think they did the franchise a big disservice waiting this late in the season to make this change. Seeing how Wilson responds to another coach is critical to figuring out the path forward.

I mean, as much as Wilson has sucked, we can look around the league and see examples of QBs going to better coaching situations and showing real improvement. Coaching still matters a lot in the NFL.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA

He's the first non-interim head coach to last less than one season in franchise history. He couldn't Hackett.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
can't think of a worse HC hire in recent memory

his incompetence makes you wonder how the f*** he got the job in the first place
He got the job because of Rodgers and Adams. That conned people into thinking that he was some offensive guru. His claim to "fame" before that was turning Bortles into a semi-average QB for like half a season .

He's the first non-interim head coach to last less than one season in franchise history. He couldn't Hackett.
What about Urban Meyer last season?

Back to Green Bay
Rodgers does have a love affair with him so I wouldn't be surprised.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voight and Mrfenn92

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl

Oh my bad. Broncos history.

Last edited:

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
The ONLY reason Hackett was hired to Denver was to lure Aaron Rodgers with him. When Rodgers signed again to Green Bay, the Broncos management said ‘oh look, let’s get Russell Wilson’. This was before we knew Wilson was cooked as a QB with his current skill set.

This was a bad hire to begin with.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It was clear from first game that Hackett was not capable of being a NFL HC

Joins long list of guys who were not fit for higher than coordinator position and ended up being mistakes

With Denver situation they made mistake in both HC and QB in same offseason and have damaged future of organization to point they will likely be far from contender for years to come

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB

Joins long list of guys who were not fit for higher than coordinator position and ended up being mistakes

With Denver situation they made mistake in both HC and QB in same offseason and have damaged future of organization to point they will likely be far from contender for years to come

The Peter Principle exists.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The only one in the ballpark is Urban Meyer.
Urban was worse in the sense they gave him a shitload of money and then had to can him (plus he was a total embarrassment off the field as well as on)...but Hackett was more nonsensical as a concept. It almost felt like they got him just to lure Rodgers over there, then wound up with the wrong QB and it went to shit.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
So who would be the most ''RFO'' (Russell friendly offence) coach they can find? One of his old Seahawks OC's I am guessing?

You realize how many OC’s Seattle went through when he was there? It was a carousel of OC’s that Wilson had to buy in, but Carroll had final say on what the offense will be ran.

There was belief in the Pacific Northwest that Wilson was a coach killer, I didn’t buy it at first until I realized how many OC’s he’s been through.

Pete Carroll took a lot of shit from the fans, media in regards on how Seattle was handling Russell Wilson in regards to his play. Turns out, it was better for his play set than to let him call his own plays.

Reactions: Marc the Habs Fan

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

That's a bit harsh. A rookie coach screwing up clock management in his first game can be forgiven. But my god to keep making mistakes game after game. If you're not learning from your mistakes, you won't last long in the NFL.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
That's a bit harsh. A rookie coach screwing up clock management in his first game can be forgiven. But my god to keep making mistakes game after game. If you're not learning from your mistakes, you won't last long in the NFL.

Why was Hackett considered anyways? His claim to fame was being Aaron Rodgers buddy

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Why was Hackett considered anyways? His claim to fame was being Aaron Rodgers buddy
So basically like Adam Gase to Peyton Manning. Except without that literally-still-hilarious-and-meme-worth press conference I guess.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad