NFL: Nathaniel Hackett so fired (Jerry Rosberg interim)

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
can't think of a worse HC hire in recent memory

his incompetence makes you wonder how the f*** he got the job in the first place

Reactions: Voight

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
When you hire a coach for your coach, well then…

Would love to know what his interview looked like and why anyone involved would be trusted to find the next guy.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Broncos gonna send Sean Payton a John Gruden offer

Or not, I don't f***ing know

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Had to happen. The only problem is that if the coach of this mess gets fired what does the GM who signed Wilson to that deal deserve? Jail?

Reactions: Goalie_Bob

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It was so completely obvious in the first game that he was soooo overmatched, overwhelmed and befuddled.

Just unbelievable the Broncos let it get to this point in a year where they do NOT have their first round pick.
No Interim HC named as of yet. Are they going to pluck a Shannon Sharpe from TV or something like Indy?

• Haha
Reactions: Marc the Habs Fan

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

If Payton is bringing Fangio with him, I don’t think so.

I’m not so sure Payton doesn’t come back to NOLA

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Had to happen. The only problem is that if the coach of this mess gets fired what does the GM who signed Wilson to that deal deserve? Jail?
It's basically insurance fraud so why not lol

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Payton will have plenty of options in the off season. Payton has money. I mean he’s been an NFL HC for like 15 years. Guy is worth many millions of dollars. If he’s going to coach a team it’s because he believes in their chances to win.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Payton will have plenty of options in the off season. Payton has money. I mean he’s been an NFL HC for like 15 years. Guy is worth many millions of dollars. If he’s going to coach a team it’s because he believes in their chances to win.
Oh I didn't say Payton would take the Denver job if offered, he'll definitely have other offers.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Oh I didn't say Payton would take the Denver job if offered, he'll definitely have other offers.
Denver could double any other offer but at this point in Payton’s life an extra $10-$12 mill per season won’t mean much to him if he’s not winning.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
If Payton is bringing Fangio with him, I don’t think so.

I’m not so sure Payton doesn’t come back to NOLA
I don't think he returns to NO but I have no evidence for that opinion.
Denver could double any other offer but at this point in Payton’s life an extra $10-$12 mill per season won’t mean much to him if he’s not winning.
I don't know exactly what his motivating factors are, but he's a highly competitive guy that is probably going to want a lot of control.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Keep in mind whoever wants Payton has to give up compensation. I expect that to be high.
Expect a first round pick. Denver has SF pick. I don’t see Carolina offering up their first unless they are going to be bad in 2023 and hope for a top 2 pick in 2024 draft to get Williams or Maye. Plus Carolina is in division and I think Payton respects the saints franchise enough to not push to go there.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This really highlights it:

I mentioned yesterday about it not only being so bad but it was also on display to a national audience on Christmas Day. The season has been terrible, but that should’ve been their Super Bowl. And to look like that is beyond embarrassing. Maybe they’ll get up for the Chargers.

Reactions: PeteWorrell

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2