Nathan MacKinnon - Rookie Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Sounds like Roy wants to keep Mackinnon on Duchene's wing. During the game last night they mentioned that Roy was looking for stability in the lines and wanted the top line to build chemistry. I don't see Tanguay coming back changing that.

Tanguay is probably out for a while longer. Stability is a relative term. Roy mentioned that a few games ago and he said himself that he was juggling too much and needed to stop and let the players play. When Tangs returns Roy will have to juggle some lines at least as Tangs isn't going to play on the 4th line.

Bordeleau Of Blood

Archangel
Jul 28, 2005
6 goals (7 points) in his last 5 games and now leads all rookies in scoring. It was only a matter of time before he started to rack up numbers. It's a shame Hertl got injured, it would have been fun to see these two compete for the Calder all season.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
NHL Public Relations ‏@PR_NHL 2h
Per @EliasSports: Nathan MacKinnon (18 yrs 127 days) is youngest in NHL history to record multiple goals in each of 2 consecutive team games
Retweeted by Mark Rycroft

Beastmode

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
When it comes to rookie centers this season, it's been Nathan MacKinnon and the rest.

The No. 1 pick of the 2013 NHL Draft has been as good as advertised for the Colorado Avalanche. He's covered five categories (goals, assists, plus/minus rating, power-play points, shots on goal) for fantasy owners and is owned in more than 60 percent of Yahoo leagues as a result.
-NHL.com

jaems

Apr 16, 2006
Guys....

I'm fearful that we didn't get the best player in the draft...I mean really fearful.

It's a tough spot. All top four players are the type of players that teams can build around. And the difference between taking one over the other might not be huge in the long run because they all address big holes in a team. If we took Jones, we'd have worse scoring, but have addressed a big need on the defense. If we took Barkov, again we'd probably have gotten better on team defense but we'd lose out on a potential game-breaking offensive talent.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
It's a tough spot. All top four players are the type of players that teams can build around. And the difference between taking one over the other might not be huge in the long run because they all address big holes in a team. If we took Jones, we'd have worse scoring, but have addressed a big need on the defense. If we took Barkov, again we'd probably have gotten better on team defense but we'd lose out on a potential game-breaking offensive talent.

If Jones was a LHD it'd make more sense, but he's not. I'm happy with Mack. He will be our best player in a few years.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

Twas just a joke/sarcasm

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Guys....

I'm fearful that we didn't get the best player in the draft...I mean really fearful.

The only thing you should be preoccupied with is whether we got a franchise star or not. We did. At least that's the early indication.

The top of the 2013 draft class was freakin' amazing. You could argue the top 4 guys would be #1s in virtually any other draft. Relax, we got a great player. The argument as to who the BEST player will be won't be settled anytime soon IMO.

Be thankful we didn't draft a Marc-Andre Fleury or Nail Yakupov. We got a kid who is contributing at a high level right freakin' now.

You know who should be fearful? Whoever has the #1 pick this year. There's no clear-cut #1, but unlike the previous draft, it's not because there's an insane glut of talent at the top.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
The only thing you should be preoccupied with is whether we got a franchise star or not. We did. At least that's the early indication.

The top of the 2013 draft class was freakin' amazing. You could argue the top 4 guys would be #1s in virtually any other draft. Relax, we got a great player. The argument as to who the BEST player will be won't be settled anytime soon IMO.

Be thankful we didn't draft a Marc-Andre Fleury or Nail Yakupov. We got a kid who is contributing at a high level right freakin' now.

You know who should be fearful? Whoever has the #1 pick this year. There's no clear-cut #1, but unlike the previous draft, it's not because there's an insane glut of talent at the top.

This might shed some light on what I posted.

Welcome to the Party pal! (DIE HARD QUOTE!)

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah...there has been a fight with Panthers fans that has raged on for the better part of a week. Peruse that thread for some entertainment.

In general yeah all the top picks were great in the draft. We likely would have been happy with anyone. I wouldn't give back Mack though, he is going to be a very special player.

I knew what RL was referring too, my reply was sarcasm too ;)

Last edited:

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Am I the only one who still thinks MacKinnon is a few steps ahead of Barkov, Jones or Drouin?

I don't see any argument to say Barkov is the better player and I can't help but feel bad for all these Panthers fans trying to convince us we made the wrong choice.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Am I the only one who still thinks MacKinnon is a few steps ahead of Barkov, Jones or Drouin?

I don't see any argument to say Barkov is the better player and I can't help but feel bad for all these Panthers fans trying to convince us we made the wrong choice.

Most of the Panthers fans were crying when they lost MacKinnon.. They probably just jealous to us.

seancolorado

Oct 8, 2011

Although I agree he is, we have to take into account that

(A) Barkov plays a very different game
(B) Jones is doing fine for a defenseman with years left before he even NEARS the start of his prime
(C) Drouin is not in the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad