Nathan MacKinnon: 100 points in his last 76 (regular season) games.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Nathan MacKinnon
(last 76 regular season games)

• 41 goals.
• 59 assists.
• 100 points.
• 300 shots on goal.
• +14.
• ~ 20:30 TOI/game.

—————————————

This. Dude. Is. Elite.

As a CBJ fan, I admit that I don’t watch too many Avs games (unless I catch one via gamecenter). But, I have watched the two games they have played this season and I can’t help but notice N-Mac. I feel like he doesn’t get enough love and credit for how truly good he is. He has gotten off to a fast start this season, two games in.. 2 goals and an assist with 15 (!!!) shots on goal. He was extraordinarily good in the lone playoff series the Avs had his past season (6 points in 6 games). So, yeah. As a neutral fan, I just wanted to create this thread to show my appreciation for his play lately. Carry on :)

Avs44

May 16, 2011
It's funny you mention noticing him the last two games, because some on the Avs board have been talking about him being a little off. And he has been I think, mainly in his timing. Still all over the puck, but he's got 1-2 levels above what he's shown so far this season. Really, really fun player to watch regardless if he's on form, every time he picks up the puck through the neutral zone there's a buzz.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
It's funny you mention noticing him the last two games, because some on the Avs board have been talking about him being a little off. And he has been I think, mainly in his timing. Still all over the puck, but he's got 1-2 levels above what he's shown so far this season. Really, really fun player to watch regardless if he's on form, every time he picks up the puck through the neutral zone there's a buzz.
Bit of early season rust, and he still looks elite. That play tonight where he burst through everyone and drew a penalty was awesome. And in general, as you said, he was all over the puck and all over the Flyers in general. Just an absolute menace on the forecheck.

Reactions: MacBradley

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

Yeah, agreed. He’s not quite there yet this year. He’s had points, but he hasn’t been dominant yet.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Where was he the first four seasons.

I’m serious, a talent like this should have been somewhat close to this great in one of them don’t you think?

Good to see him get it together though he’s arguably a top ten center.

Mcdavid
Crosby
Malkin
Kopitar
Stamkos
Bergeron

Tavares
Barkov

He’s around here with scheifele Matthews eichel getzlaf seguin kuznetsov etc.

IMO

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015

I’m serious, a talent like this should have been somewhat close to this great in one of them don’t you think?

Mcdavid
Crosby
Malkin
Kopitar
Stamkos
Bergeron

Tavares
Barkov

IMO

On a dumpster fire of a team and dealing with injuries. He also learned not to go full speed all game. He's varying his pace and that was a vital change.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
On a dumpster fire of a team and dealing with injuries. He also learned not to go full speed all game. He's varying his pace and that was a vital change.

Eichel is was on a dumpster fire of a team and dealing with injuries and has put 123 pts in his last 130 games, he even out scored mackinnon in 16-17 and missed two whole months didn’t play game one until December and mackinnon played the whole year, that was just his second season too.

Mackinnon is ahead of eichel according to just about everyone so I still don’t see why mackinnon was so average before....

But it’s good to see him step it up.

Honestly Mack dominates now and he is going to be a pleasure to watch he should be knocking on top five if he isn’t already by next year

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Eichel is was on a dumpster fire of a team and dealing with injuries and has put 123 pts in his last 130 games, he even out scored mackinnon in 16-17 and missed two whole months didn’t play game one until December and mackinnon played the whole year, that was just his second season too.

Mackinnon is ahead of eichel according to just about everyone so I still don’t see why mackinnon was so average before....

Honestly Mack dominates now and he is going to be a pleasure to watch he should be knocking on top five if he isn’t already by next year

Who cares? All that matters is now.

Reactions: klozge

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Who cares? All that matters is now.

Well I cared I was wondering genuinally why a talent this elite could be so average the first four seasons but I even talked about the now That’s why i talked about the now at the end.

The abs surprise me.

I don’t see a deep team (when you compare them to most playoff teams) but I see a team that works together much like New Jersey.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015

MacKinnon is considered ahead of Eichel because he just put up 97 points while Eichel had a career high of 64. MacKinnon also goes best mode in the Playoffs and Eichel hasn't had the benefit of making it there yet.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Well I cared I was wondering genuinally why a talent this elite could be so average the first four seasons but I even talked about the now That’s why i talked about the now at the end.

The abs surprise me.

I don’t see a deep team (when you compare them to most playoff teams) but I see a team that works together much like New Jersey.

If you thought his talent was average his first four seasons, then that’s your problem, he’s always had this talent. It was just. A matter of figuring out how to use it.

Reactions: klozge

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
giphy.gif

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

Mcdavid
Crosby
Malkin
Kopitar
Stamkos
Bergeron

Tavares
Barkov

IMO

I swear to god, I read the username, the first two lines, and I said to myself “I would bet one thousand dollars that “Eichel” appears somewhere in this post.”

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado

The abs surprise me.

Jack Eichel is insanely good. Probably best center in the league.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Was at the game tonight. Watching the opposing team go into panic mode as he brings the puck through the neutral zone is always a blast.

Reactions: BrickAHL

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
cool

how many did he have in the 76 games before that?

or the 300 games before that for that matter

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Well, he had better numbers in the first 300 than two future HHoFers known as the Sedins.

It's almost like players don't develop linearly!

but the Sedins were only seeing 12-13 minutes/night of ice time their first 4 seasons and there was also a lockout after that that radically changed the look of the league

MacKinnon saw 17 minutes a night from the word go and it's only gone up from there

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
but the Sedins were only seeing 12-13 minutes/night of ice time their first 4 seasons and there was also a lockout after that that radically changed the look of the league

MacKinnon saw 17 minutes a night from the word go and it's only gone up from there
I don’t get what’s the point you’re trying to make

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad