Value of: Pierre Luc Dubois

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
The only reasonable trade is if there is serious draft choices and/or prospect that comes along with him and then we buy him out.

Basically a backdoor means of buying prospects and/or draft choices.

I don't want his circus act anywhere near the habs locker room.
Well, I can't see LA adding the futures it would take for a team to take him.

Even if sending a bad contract (say Anderson), I'd still want a couple of 1st rounders (presumably top-10 protected) to take back that contract, even if the intent is to buy him out.

Reactions: HabsAddict

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
McDavid.

LA gets added points etc

Edmonton gets a big body (unlike Lil Connor) who is bilingual (promotes education) and isn't some gambling promoting degenerate (good example for the kids)

• Haha
Reactions: HabzSauce

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Well, I can't see LA adding the futures it would take for a team to take him.

Even if sending a bad contract (say Anderson), I'd still want a couple of 1st rounders (presumably top-10 protected) to take back that contract, even if the intent is to buy him out.
Basically a back door way of buying prospects.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If I'm PLD and I end up getting bought out, for the sake of my mental health, I'm not sure the move to make would be signing with a team I tried to force a move to for years before flaming out in LA. Strikes me as unnecessary pressure.
Montreal? It's the last place on the planet for him to come to and pull the garbage he's doing in LA.

It will be extreme and personal.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
When was a top prospect and literally the future face of LA franchise is the sweetener to dump a bad contract?

Byfield + PLD for Lafreniere + Kakko

Make it so. No profanity plz
appreciate the counter

declined
shesty + bread only currency that works for ny

KK is NOT a bad contract
I'd offer you Zib in lieu of either but he has full nmc doubt he waives

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Basically a back door way of buying prospects.
Or a way for LA to bail out of his contract without it looking like a buyout.

Throw a few names in there and the tracability is out the window. I honestly think some trades are made deliberately more complicated just to muddy the waters so GMs don't look like they're correcting a self-inflicted mistake.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Even looking at total fleecings.. I'm struggling with finding a great trade from the Oilers.

Obviously, Campbell needs to go so I thought

Campbell for PLD retained to Campbells Salary (5 mil) so it is an even swap. Maybe Jack rebounds in LA.

BUT PLD's contract goes for several years after Campbells does.

Then I thought Campbell + Nurse for PLD straight up! Frees up our cap space to give as an opportunity to pursue a Nurse replacement.

But it really looks like PLD is untradeable right now.

Reactions: bernmeister

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Here's a twist. LA needs to buyout PLD 48 hours before he turns 26, to reap the benefits of the lower 1/3 buyout. So they need to buyout PLD on or before June 22. However, the buyout period does not start until after the NHL season is over (when Stanley cup is awarded). The NHL season could go as late as June 24!!

LA, may end up in a situation where the buyout of PLD is 2/3 of the caphit/salary, over twice the remaining years.
For context, this is the planned Stanley Cup Final schedule:

Game 1: Saturday, June 8
Game 2: Monday, June 10
Game 3: Thursday, June 13
Game 4: Saturday, June 15
Game 5: Tuesday, June 18
Game 6: Friday, June 21
Game 7: Monday, June 24

Now the series could be moved up to a June 5 start if both Conference Finals go 5 or less Games. But right now PLD rooting for a full 7 game series. Anything shorter and the Kings can buy him out at the 1/3 rate.

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
If i was Yzerman i would offer 7th round pick for PLD, three first round picks, two 2nd round picks, and a bag of pucks, and a permanent spot for mr. Pierre-Luc on the AHL bus.

Could even become charitable and throw in some future considerations.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Would the Bruins only make a deal for PLD if the Kings retain? Snd how much? Is PLD at 6.5 per attractive enough?

I would roll the dice on PLD for that, yes. Would most Bruins fans? Probably not. Would Sweeney? I mean it’s a job killer if it fails. But if it works the Bruins are suddenly in great shape.

Reactions: Fatass

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
I don't see a buyout happening. Despite all the drama surrounding him and a down season, I'm positive he still has considerable value on the trade market if there's some retention.

He's a 25 year old, 6'4 center with a couple of recent 60 point seasons. No matter how many warts he has there will always be at least a few teams interested in adding a player with that profile.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I would roll the dice on PLD for that, yes. Would most Bruins fans? Probably not. Would Sweeney? I mean it’s a job killer if it fails. But if it works the Bruins are suddenly in great shape.
The would be best for the Bruins is to get 3rd team involved and get that contract down as much they can before even considering it, you tie up that kind of cap space in Boston he would here it, maybe at this time in his career with all the tools he has needs to here it from the fans, real hockey fans not LA freaks.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
The would be best for the Bruins is to get 3rd team involved and get that contract down as much they can before even considering it, you tie up that kind of cap space in Boston he would here it, maybe at this time in his career with all the tools he has needs to here it from the fans, real hockey fans not LA freaks.
What 3rd team is willing to take a 7 year caphit? lol

Reactions: bernmeister

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

I have two thoughts in my head.

The 1-3-1 was a horrible fit for him.

He really has trouble motivating himself when things aren’t going his way.

The former I would be fine rolling the dice on. That latter is scarier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad