Nathan MacKinnon’s impact in NHL heads the Colorado Avalanche’s storylines for 2013-1

toewsintangibles

Leadership analyst
Dec 23, 2012
If Mac was not Canadian, there'd be people reminding everyone of his defensive liabilities all the time. He is an offensive star through and through. Defence is a secondary concern to him, at best

Clainer09

Sep 12, 2012
Prince Edward Island
If Mac was not Canadian, there'd be people reminding everyone of his defensive liabilities all the time. He is an offensive star through and through. Defence is a secondary concern to him, at best

What does being Canadian have to do with defence? He is a two way player through and through. Yes, his offensive awareness is clearly better but he is in no way close to a defensive liability. Patrick Bordeleau is a defensive liability.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I predict MacKinnon will hit not only one but two posts before his first goal.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
His first goal will be taken away, as it breezes someone else's sweater and credit goes to the other player. MacK ends up with an assist (where a goal is deserved).

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
Is this really the biggest story for COL this season? Or just their biggest prospect story?

New coach, new division, more mature players, possible playoff shot, all seem like bigger things going on than MacKinnon who might not stick in the NHL this season.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The article is about prospects. And let's nip this MacKinnon isn't sticking in the NHL meme in the bud shall we? Roy has spoken, he's staying.

Toronto 55th minute is my guess for first MacKinnon goal.

Mouse21*

Is this really the biggest story for COL this season? Or just their biggest prospect story?

New coach, new division, more mature players, possible playoff shot, all seem like bigger things going on than MacKinnon who might not stick in the NHL this season.

hes staying regardless of those 10 tryout games.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia

Because all Canadians are known as strong two way players...

He is in no way a liability and will only get stronger defensively. Guys a puck hound and strong on the forecheck.

SlyAvs

smokin Joe
Mar 21, 2011
Right now Mack is known to step up when it count (memorial cup) so 1st period against ANA

viach

Aug 5, 2007
HF's top 50 prospect rankings just started.

If Mac isn't 1st he's a a bust :sarcasm:

When ?? actually it is prospect rankings from 2012-2013

But I was very amazed from this.....

[NHL]450028[/NHL]

Last edited by a moderator:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Where do you think HF has MacKinnon in their top 50? Since they are usually very stingy against Avs players I predict 3rd, after Jones and Yakupov. Possibly fourth, after Drouin.

Remember, this is the list that had Landeskog at 12 or something right after the draft, behind Zibanejad.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Where do you think HF has MacKinnon in their top 50? Since they are usually very stingy against Avs players I predict 3rd, after Jones and Yakupov. Possibly fourth, after Drouin.

Remember, this is the list that had Landeskog at 12 or something right after the draft, behind Zibanejad.

I'll say 1 or 2. It will be between Jones and MacKinnon... and Oilers fans will melt down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad