Nathan MacKinnon’s impact in NHL heads the Colorado Avalanche’s storylines for 2013-1

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Where do you think HF has MacKinnon in their top 50? Since they are usually very stingy against Avs players I predict 3rd, after Jones and Yakupov. Possibly fourth, after Drouin.

Remember, this is the list that had Landeskog at 12 or something right after the draft, behind Zibanejad.

I was wrong. He is fourth.

First Avs player in the top ten in the history of HF. Landeskog wasn't. Wolski wasn't. Stastny wasn't even top 50. Not Stewart either, if I recall correctly.

edit: I double checked. Wolski had the previous Avs record at 12th. Landeskog was 13th and he was ahead of Zibanejad (14th). He was behind Rundblad, Niederreiter, Couturier and a bunch of others because, you know, no skill.

edit edit: Duchene was #7 so he was the first top ten Avs player.

Last edited:

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Galchy is great, seriously something special, but ahead of MacKinnon and Yakupov is a huge no for me.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Galchy is great, seriously something special, but ahead of MacKinnon and Yakupov is a huge no for me.

Galchenyuk should be above Yakupov. Galchy will be a far more complete player and put up just as many points. Yak will score goals in bunches when he is on, but will disappear for long stretches. MacKinnon will be better than both.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I am more shocked that Tyson Barrie isn't a top 50 prospect than MacKinnon being 4th.

That doesn't surprise me at all. HF tends to not rank Avs prospects highly. I guess playing over 21 minutes a game and scoring 13 points in 32 NHL games doesn't mean much.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Does HF count Barrie as a prospect? I thought he had played in too many games already and had graduated.

He's still considered a prospect by the HF rules.

I think the HF lists are awesome because they always get so much stuff wrong and people get so angry.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Galchenyuk should be above Yakupov. Galchy will be a far more complete playe and put up just as many points. Yak will score goals in bunches when he is on, but will disappear for long stretches. MacKinnon will be better than both.
Definitely. There's a reason why Yakupov had little ice time in the third period of their first game. He's a player you want to have on your team when you have a pretty good core and need some scoring, Galchy is a guy you want to have as a part of this core.

Twigz999

Oct 7, 2013
I can't believe some of you guys already think that McKinnon will be a bust. He absolutely lit it up in junior while being defensively responsible as a two way foreword. And now he's already made the roster as the third line centre as an 18 year old on a very strong scoring line with McGinn and paranteu. You guys should be salivating right now. I'm a Canucks can but looking at your top 3 lines and your D pairings. I would have nothing but optimism for the foreseeable future. So many good young talented players growing as a unit. The avs are just coming out of their rebuild and I predict that the avs will be the most improved team and make the playoffs this year.

El_Loco_Avs

Jul 6, 2003
The Netherlands
I was wrong. He is fourth.

First Avs player in the top ten in the history of HF. Landeskog wasn't. Wolski wasn't. Stastny wasn't even top 50. Not Stewart either, if I recall correctly.

edit: I double checked. Wolski had the previous Avs record at 12th. Landeskog was 13th and he was ahead of Zibanejad (14th). He was behind Rundblad, Niederreiter, Couturier and a bunch of others because, you know, no skill.

edit edit: Duchene was #7 so he was the first top ten Avs player.

Who was in front of Lando?

Last edited by a moderator:

member 116861

I can't believe some of you guys already think that McKinnon will be a bust. He absolutely lit it up in junior while being defensively responsible as a two way foreword. And now he's already made the roster as the third line centre as an 18 year old on a very strong scoring line with McGinn and paranteu. You guys should be salivating right now. I'm a Canucks can but looking at your top 3 lines and your D pairings. I would have nothing but optimism for the foreseeable future. So many good young talented players growing as a unit. The avs are just coming out of their rebuild and I predict that the avs will be the most improved team and make the playoffs this year.

Most people who call him a bust are just joking.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Who was in front of Lando?

1. RNH
2. Adam Larsson
3. Brayden Schenn
4. Ryan Johansen
5. OEL
6. Jonathan Bernier
7. David Runblad
8. Vlad Tarasenko
9. El Nino
10. Jonathan Huberdeau
11. Sean Couturier
12. Mikael Granlund

Last edited by a moderator:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Guess who leads the Avs in points right now with 1 goal and 5 assists?

BTW, I thought that was Nate standing up Ovechkin. One of the biggest hitters in the league took a big run at the kid and he did his patented Forsberg stand up move and knocked him down. What strength for an 18 year old.

[NHL]458120[/NHL]

OldSchoolAvalanche*

Im missed the game, watching the replay. Wow awesome game

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
The thing that is kinda scary to me is that MacKinnon hasn't looked particularly great and has had some pretty obvious spots where he needs major improvement (namely his faceoffs) and yet he's still putting up points. He's got a bright future

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad