Nathan Horton ("Career could be over")

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
I highly doubt it would show up in x-rays.. However, Degenerative Disc Disease does show up in MRI's. I'd imagine they did an MRI before signing him (At least I certainly freaking hope so). The article Portzline wrote was saying it started flaring up last fall. This is where I get confused. Did he over the course of 5 months develop/furthur aggrevate degenerative disc disease, while rehabbing the shoulder? Did it not show up on the scan or was it misread? (I work as a nurse, and I've seen Dr.'s question what they have seen on some of the scans they've done due to the many limitations, but I've never seen any questions raised about Degenerative Disc in the 5 or 6 time's I've read dictations)

Either way, I hope Nathan Horton can have a happy life after hockey with minimal pain after surgery.
It definitely does in MRI's, cant recall if that was gone over in my Xrays. Much like herniated discs, everyone suffers from DDD to some degree, its a sign of aging, its just more developed in some people. I have an advanced case of it, but its not causing any issues right now.

Here's my MRI, as you can see its a double rupture out the side and the back The discs above are normal, but the grayer they are, the most DDD there is IIRC
back_zpsfa4cdd69.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad