Recalled/Assigned: Nathan Beaulieu sent down to Hamilton (April 18th, 2013)

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Can any one give us a scouting report on Nathan Beaulieu? And who would make an accurate NHL comparable to him?

Last edited:

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Sarnia Sting ‏@StingHockey 14m
Congratulations @natebeaulieu and the entire Beaulieu family. Nathan set to join @AGally94 with the big club!

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
This is great! It's like a rookie buffet! Can't wait to see Beaulieu play!

The other ultra-cool thing is the absolute swagger of stocking your roster with a revolving door of rookies as we enter the final stretch of the season. Standings? Playoffs? Who cares. We'll play anyone we damn well want and STILL win!

Get me an "I Love Bergevin" button.

Big Ryan

Mar 27, 2011
Ottawa
Love this. That 2nd powerplay unit was making me sad, and playing him with bouillon should be good for him

Habitants

Oct 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
good.

it was time to move on from Tinordi. not that he was bad, but im all for giving a chance to Beaulieu. although he will probably only play a couple games before Bergevin makes a move for a veteran dman.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
YES.YES. YES!

REALLY wanna see what he can do at NHL level,..his skating is gonna blow people away, maybe he gets a miracle shot on wave 2 of the PP!

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
It's cool having a winning team and good prospects in the AHL. This is unprecedented territory for the Habs.

A player like Beaulieu could end up being the deadline acquisition we've wanted all along. Like Krieder last year for the Rangers or Helm a few years back for Detroit.

I still wanna see Nokia play though, I dunno why but I do.

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
Beaulieu is better than Subban was on draft day... But didn't have the ridiculous development curve Subban had soon after.

But he's already a better defender than he was even a few months ago, and earned his shot. I guess Ellis will be next.

I remember watching that draft on TV. Beaulieu was not supposed to fall to 18, and was in fact projected to go top 10 on most mock drafts. Looking on wikipedia he was ranked the 5th best prospect in the entire draft, even before Couturier and Ryan Strome.

I remember we already had Subban and Tinordi was picked the year before, and the smile on Trevor Timmins face when they called him up to make the announcement was very noteworthy.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I think this is part of a very well thought out development strategy. The club is supplying motivation, confidence and a sense of achievement for these young D-men. If they were left on the big team for too long their confidence would be demolished as their flaws would slowly but surely be exploited by opposing NHL players and coaches.

They are given a chance to experience the power and speed of the NHL while being put in relatively safe matchups. They know that it is just a temporary call up so they are not confused or dejected when they return to Hamilton. One of the hardest things to do is to have confidence that you are progressing when you can't necessarily see it from one day to the next. This is an ingenious idea to instill that confidence as the game will now come easier to them at the AHL level and they can feel better about their respective short term prospects of making the NHL. They will notice a tangible difference in their effectiveness on the ice and this is the most effective way to instill confidence in a young player.

vik352

May 10, 2009
Sherbrooke, Quebec
Really excited to see how Beaulieu has progressed, should also mean less time on ice for Subban who would be way too tired come playoff time if he keeps playing 30 min per game

Also, not that I care about him but that really sucks for Kaberle...seeing 3 prospect called up to play in front of you as well as Weber...beeing #10-11 defenseman sure has to be hard mentally

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
On April 24, 2009, Gerard Gallant was named head coach of the Saint John Sea Dogs of the QMJHL. During his three seasons in Saint John, he led the team to three first-place finishes, three league final appearances, two QMJHL championships and one Memorial Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad