Nathan Beaulieu and Jarred Tinordi

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
That's why Mtl wants him gone, but I don't think that is the reason why Bourque wanted out of Mtl.

Even Ducks GM Murray confirmed yesterday that Bourque wanted out of Mtl.

I was listening to Melnyk the other day after the Bourque trade and he mentioned that anyone who would've gone to Hurleys or the Irish Embassy during the playoffs would've heard Bourque's drunken uncle talk about his nephew's relationship with MT.

Melnyk didn't quote him, but made it clear that the two were far from being on good terms :laugh:

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
His last five games:
16:18
6:43
8:25
6:34
12:14

Does it average out to 10 mins a game? Maybe. Is he playing ten minutes a game? No.

Not grasping at straws for anything here either. I just think you give him a regular shift for 20 games to show what he can do. We haven't done that with this guy. Okay for you to disagree but don't sit there like I'm trying to distort something here.

We got 100 points with him last year. He still sucked.

Prior to the Gonchar trade Beaulieu was getting 16 minutes a game for 9 or 10 straight games. He played over 20 minutes against Tampa. They gave him a good look, and my guess is he gets 20-30 more games this year.I think they were hoping he would contribute some offense.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Prior to the Gonchar trade Beaulieu was getting 16 minutes a game for 9 or 10 straight games. He played over 20 minutes against Tampa. They gave him a good look, and my guess is he gets 20-30 more games this year.I think they were hoping he would contribute some offense.

This is a good post as it points directly to the problem with Beaulie's usage.
There is not one attribute Beaulieu possesses that tickets him as a 5-6 D man.
On the one hand you want him to be a good freewheeling puck handling PMD.
You want him contributing to the offense to justify his existence.

However you continually play him with a 6-7 plug in a non offensive role.
The kid is slightly confused as to why he was drafted at this point?
We have to stop making these mistakes we did it for years with our call up forwards.
Lindsey Ruff did it correctly for years with Buffalo...
If a top 6 went down he would call up a top 6 replacement. This applies to Dmen as well.
Leave Beaulieu in Hamilton until you need him to pair with Subban or Gonchar...

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Patience. Tinner is just about to be ripe, he has high value, Beaulieu the same. They can be traded, on the other hand they could be very helpful in the playoffs. They're both bad now but they represent serious depth for the organization.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Patience. Tinner is just about to be ripe, he has high value, Beaulieu the same. They can be traded, on the other hand they could be very helpful in the playoffs. They're both bad now but they represent serious depth for the organization.

A great post one year ago and you might be posting the same a year from now.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Not sure if anyone's mentioned this this or not but the Hab's will get a fairly substantial savings next year by having Tinner and Beau in the AHL this year. As their contracts will be up, they won't be in a situation to ask for big(ger) as they haven't established themselves as regular NHLers yet in a way, this is a win win for the Habs as they'll have more time to develop in the minors and the Habs will save save some cash on cap.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Not sure if anyone's mentioned this this or not but the Hab's will get a fairly substantial savings next year by having Tinner and Beau in the AHL this year. As their contracts will be up, they won't be in a situation to ask for big(ger) as they haven't established themselves as regular NHLers yet in a way, this is a win win for the Habs as they'll have more time to develop in the minors and the Habs will save save some cash on cap.

We should hope that none of our prospects develop for that very reason.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
No, I was trying to have a conversation with you but I can see this isn't going to work out. Have a nice day though! :)

You were having a conversation with me, but it's not going to work out because you say it's not working out. Or maybe you don't like it when facts are presented to you that contradict your opinion. Very odd and overly sensitive. Have a nice day as well.

BTW did you guys have a nice day?

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Keep them in the A for another year. They both need it.

I'm starting to think this way. Let's not stunt their growth by this up and down thing. Let them work on their game in Hamilton and call up when an injury occurs. Next year may be their year.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Keep them in the A for another year. They both need it.

I don't know if they absolutely need it but I don't think it would hurt either of them. I just hope they remain positive and see it as a chance to continue to develop. I just wish they had a better coach showing them the way.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
BTW did you guys have a nice day?
I spent most of yesterday in front of the tv with my son watching old Six Million Dollar Man episodes with him running around the room everytime the show's theme started.

Yes, it was a good day. :)

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
We should hope that none of our prospects develop for that very reason.

Not something you hope for but If they haven't earned a regular spot than they shouldn't get paid. Hopefully they can out it together in the later part of this year and next but now they'll cost less.

Best of a bad situation.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
They are still young. Galchenyuk is young and is protected on the wing, when we all know he will be a centre one day. D take longer to develop ... I'm sure in the next 2 seasons they will both become staples on our D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad