Nathan Beaulieu and Jarred Tinordi

HShahzad

Jan 23, 2014
With Montreal's window opening within the next 2-3 years, Montreal absolutely needs to play both of the above. At the moment, Gonchar, Weaver, Gilbert, Allen and Markov are not expected to be playing by the time Montreal becomes a serious contender. Even if Markov's still playing, he won't be a top pair player. Tinordi and Beaulieu need to play a bigger role!

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Keep them in the A for another year. They both need it.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
With Montreal's window opening within the next 2-3 years, Montreal absolutely needs to play both of the above. At the moment, Gonchar, Weaver, Gilbert, Allen and Markov are not expected to be playing by the time Montreal becomes a serious contender. Even if Markov's still playing, he won't be a top pair player. Tinordi and Beaulieu need to play a bigger role!

That's why they are in the AHL...to play a bigger role.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
You're preaching to the choir here. I'm okay with them both getting huge minutes in the A if need be, better than getting minimal playing time/time on the 4th line up here under Therrien.

If we had a different coach I might want different, but it is what it is right now...

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
When Markov retires, Beaulieu steps in.
When Weaver / Allen retire, leave the team, Tinordi steps in.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
I would ask for a trade if I was either guy, no future with the habs why waste their time. MB loves old medicore dman that remind him of himself.

HShahzad

Jan 23, 2014
The AHL is great, but they also need to play in the NHL... It's a huge jump. Tinordi and Beaulieu have the potentiel of becoming top 4 on the team. But at the moment, I don't see either capable of playing with Subban, unless they gain experience NOW. Markov will start a decline sooner than later.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
They need a refresher from Lefebvre, apparently he developed them well but some reason it just doesnt show in game. :sarcasm:

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
The trade to pick up Allen was not to shore up the defence for this year. It was to clear the 3.3 million dollar cap hit for next year. With Moen and Bourque both off the books for next year it saved just over five million in cap space.

The trade was to set up the team financially much better going forward next year. It is just unfortunate that Beaulieu and Tinordi are paying the price for it. Personally I would rather have a young defenceman play 20-25 minutes a game in the AHL rather than playing 6-8 minutes as a 7th defenceman/forward.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
There will be injuries and they will still get a ot of NHL time this year. I would rather those two fill in than Pateryn or Dietz.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Beaulieu is not quite ready yet, so I wouldn't mad he if spends some time in the AHL

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

They both had a lot of hype on this board last summer. Certainly gone downhill fast

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Beaulieu isn't ready.
Tinordi on the other I think is already ready, but that's MT for yah.

I think Tinordi seemed to be the closest of the two, but I still don't quite have confidence in either of them yet. Not surprised that Bergevin is loading up on experienced insurance.

digmor crusher

Jul 11, 2009
Teams always make mistakes bringing young guys up too early but it is rarely a mistake making them spend more time in the AHL.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Teams always make mistakes bringing young guys up too early but it is rarely a mistake making them spend more time in the AHL.

I love that it's up to Beaulieu to prove himself against the contributions of a guy like Zubov, and I guess the new challenge is for Tinordi to at least replace what a guy like Allen can bring to the lineup. Looks like Bergevin got exactly the kind of experience he needs as direct replacement insurance for his biggest defensive wild cards. He's planning on going deep boys...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Still think both should be in the lineup right now.

We want these guys as rookies next year instead? Doesn't make sense to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad